Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Quick QA: can we still preserve letters?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited March 2014
    Yes, but it's not permanent anymore and is expensive. Far better to copy the letter's contents into a journal/similar.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I want to log in, but I know if I do, all the things I'm working on for things in game won't get done.

Why do I have to be logged out to get things done for IG. Blarghle. Blarghle blarghle.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Finishing the writing I had to do for advancement required logging the few help files I needed and then sitting in my car on my tablet with no wifi to get done. On the bright side, when focused life that, only took like twenty minutes.
  • After moving into my new room at university housing I have been regularly getting enormous bursts of lag (30+s) for hours on end. I'm worried it's not going to go away.
  • Original m&m email link not letting me download the system. Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. :(

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I finished writing the thing I needed to! About to put it in action...

... and then @Kelly. Thanks Kelly. :( Couldn't you have waited like an hour...
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tetra said:
    Original m&m email link not letting me download the system. Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. :(
    Message @Vadi

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Zouviqil said:
    I finished writing the thing I needed to! About to put it in action...

... and then @Kelly. Thanks Kelly. :( Couldn't you have waited like an hour...
    They made me do it!
  • Elanorwen said:
    Tetra said:
    Original m&m email link not letting me download the system. Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. :(
    Message @Vadi

Did!  Saw him a while ago during Knowledge absolve but I guess he's busy.  Shucks.

• -facepalm- Damn it Kurut, why did you have to ruin such a great piece of RP.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Retired.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2014
    Played against shikari in an ARAM on LoL.  Sadly, not the real shikari.  But it was a fun thought!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2014
    Couple of musings in my brain, while my sleep schedule is still FUBAR.

I've come to find that the passive-aggressive snark that's been thrown around here and in game, a fair bit recently, is surprisingly motivational. You have to be doing something right to warrant that kind of attention after all.

However (and this has come up recently on several levels and isn't any one, singular incident) what still baffles me is the small-minded jealousy of people who sit on their hands and do nothing, against those who earn kudos and plaudits through effort and working towards something. People in game earn the respect of those around them by putting an effort in and showing a willingness to get stuff done, individually or as a team. There's no merit in simply being an old name, if anything that argument is detrimental, that you've been around longer and achieved less than someone "younger" than you.

Maybe it's just me, seniority or meritocracy, which has more mileage?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• *sigh*

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Talan said:
    *sigh*

much concern. very :(

• Morkarion said:
    Couple of musings in my brain, while my sleep schedule is still FUBAR.

I've come to find that the passive-aggressive snark that's been thrown around here and in game, a fair bit recently, is surprisingly motivational. You have to be doing something right to warrant that kind of attention after all.

However (and this has come up recently on several levels and isn't any one, singular incident) what still baffles me is the small-minded jealousy of people who sit on their hands and do nothing, against those who earn kudos and plaudits through effort and working towards something. People in game earn the respect of those around them by putting an effort in and showing a willingness to get stuff done, individually or as a team. There's no merit in simply being an old name, if anything that argument is detrimental, that you've been around longer and achieved less than someone "younger" than you.

Maybe it's just me, seniority or meritocracy, which has more mileage?

I agree with what you're saying but would take it one step further.  In my experience, treating your 'team' well gets you very far - more than your level of authority or hard work.  People will appreciate you getting things done or might recognize your authority, but that does not mean they respect you.  

I won't name names but there are examples of these kinds of characters throughout the game.  If you are just working towards being better than everyone else, that is a great way to make people jealous and/or hate you.  It's the characters that play as the silent backbone for the success of everyone around them that receive the most gratitude.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I feel it's always complicated, depending on the the hard work involved, of which there are many kinds. If some 17 year old, GR3 CR2 person who just happens to also be a Demigod (and that happens way too much) tries to boss Ev around because he has a much higher level and combat ability, he'll get a bitchslap.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    I feel it's always complicated, depending on the the hard work involved, of which there are many kinds. If some 17 year old, GR3 CR2 person who just happens to also be a Demigod (and that happens way too much) tries to boss Ev around because he has a much higher level and combat ability, he'll get a bitchslap.

Today someone said, "Do you think you can handle the responsibility of being an aide?"

I literally burst out laughing and facepalmed.  Oh these kids...

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or previously absent, suddenly voted guildleader types.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Everiine said:
    Hard work doesn't necessarily mean combat, it's people who contribute and create something, or help create something for the benefit of the group.

Of course for some reason people have a mentality that one version of contribution is more valuable than another type, in truth they're all just parts of a greater whole. That said GR/CR ranks are somewhat irrelevant when you can be CR6/GR19 just by grabbing a power vacuum in some places by nabbing a dead GM spot.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Tiny trill
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    It took me way longer than it should have to figure out what a Xilcrysi was supposed to be...
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    An I the only one more amused by their outfits? Elfen are sluts
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    The Mugwump looks suspiciously close to Kermit.

And Squatchie? Wtf?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
This discussion has been closed.