Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ardmore said:
    :( HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO START RELATIONS?
    Buy me dinner first.
    Ardmore said:
    I don't know if I want to buy a magic rune or learn Pyro skills. :/
    Buy me a magic rune.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I can't wait until my skills are fixed and I enjoy playing again. :D
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Neos said:

Ardmore said:

:( HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO START RELATIONS?

Buy me dinner first.

Ardmore said:

I don't know if I want to buy a magic rune or learn Pyro skills. :/

Buy me a magic rune.

Learn first, enhance later
  • Siam said:

I can't wait until my skills are fixed and I enjoy playing again. :D

What do you mean?

• I don't think people realize that just one tell can ruin someone else's fun. :/
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Never has Everiine hated a phrase more than these two:

"I have a complaint" and "I demand".
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Everiine said:
    Never has Everiine hated a phrase more than these two:

"I have a complaint" and "I demand".
    I have a complaint.  I demand you listen to it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Keep...it....in...your....city
  • (Market): Ayi says, "Serving with many trades - sadly, alchemy, enchanting, forging are not available."

You tell Lady Ayi, Grandmistress of Discipline, "I hear ya."

Ayi tells you, "Stupid lame tattoos for monks - I'd take any of the others any day."

You tell Lady Ayi, Grandmistress of Discipline, "It's completely bogus."

Amen. At this rate I shall start a revolt for equal rights in trade skills.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I don't know if the admin in charge of reviewing books went on vacation or what, but they're going to be in for a rude surprise when they finally get back.
    Vivet said:
    I don't know if the admin in charge of reviewing books went on vacation or what, but they're going to be in for a rude surprise when they finally get back.
    Yeah, we're having that issue with books too... it's hard to submit books for prestige if they never complete the publication cycle.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is that why the prestige competition was borked?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Daraius said:
    Not sure it was borked, there's been instances in the past where multiple books have attained the same score.

It's infrequent but it happens.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Daraius said:
    If the prestige submissions are not reviewed (or perhaps if they do not have enough reviews), then every submission "wins".  I'm not entirely sure which it is, but it has happened before.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Xenthos said:
    Daraius said:
    If the prestige submissions are not reviewed (or perhaps if they do not have enough reviews), then every submission "wins".  I'm not entirely sure which it is, but it has happened before.
    I believe if they're not reviewed they all automatically get the same score, which is why they all win: they are all equally in first place.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm guessing that's what happened this time around, and that the city's that didn't win just didn't submit, seeing as they're the less active libraries. Easy way to check, though. @Diniah @Savea @Nimhuire did any of you submit anything to prestige for that cycle?

Portius feels like he should publicly register his disgruntlement with the slow approvals. I don't really understand why they all have to be manually approved, really. We have critiques specifically to mark the ones that the admins should look over. It seems to me that the ones that don't get critiqued don't really need to be approved, since anything objectionable is pretty unlikely to get past all of the other librarians.

The slow approval problem wouldn't exist if it was automated, and it kind of is a problem. Culture is a recognized form of competition between orgs in game, after all, and slow approvals can have a pretty big effect on it. There's prestige, where it's a big deal or not depending on how many options you have for submissions (I did manage to find a literary submission to use if none of our stuff gets approved! Of course, it's just a tiny set of poems that has no real chance of winning, so not having things approved still more or less takes us out of literary prestige for the next cycle. We have plenty scholarly options, but having out scholarlies approved is the difference between having very strong entries or having mediocre ones. I don't know how much the other libraries need their stuff approved, but Hallifax very much does.) but prestige isn't the only factor for it. Slow approvals make fastest growing very hard to predict. When things are approved promptly, you can get it simply by publishing the most every year. But when they're approved slowly, it gets harder to predict. The side that publishes the most still gets it, but they have no idea what year they're going to get it and most years nobody will have it. This usually doesn't matter, but it can be relevant if the scores are close for a year. I don't know if it would have made a difference last cycle, since Glom was so on top of things with bards, but it might have.

And having finished all that, I realize that's not so much a tweet as a twitter. At least it's topically relevant!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2014
    Portius said:
    I don't really understand why they all have to be manually approved, really. We have critiques specifically to mark the ones that the admins should look over. It seems to me that the ones that don't get critiqued don't really need to be approved, since anything objectionable is pretty unlikely to get past all of the other librarians.
    This is so true. Aren't librarians already doing the heavy lifting here? Admin should only need to review things that are flagged by the librarians, and then weigh in for prestige. Why the disparity between library and stage submissions? There is no oversight for stage productions.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited August 2014
    So the cavalier quest is broken.

This is affecting our novice retention.

@Ieptix plz.

They don't get the option to learn the skill, they just get the exco damage resist.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Sobriety  : feeling a bit tipsy

Consumable         Amber Malt         All             40
    Racial             Alcohol Tolerance  All             70

Nahhhhh, dwarf brewmeister isn't strong at all.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Sobriety  : feeling a bit tipsy

Consumable         Amber Malt         All             40
    Racial             Alcohol Tolerance  All             70

Nahhhhh, dwarf brewmeister isn't strong at all.
    ................. You are so silly. Dwarf brewmeisters have been acknowledged as being crazy tanky for ages. Chade solo'd an Avatar until he bled out as a dwarf brewmeister.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ambermalt was actually nerfed the same day, it can no longer go past a certain threshold. He was reaching 110% to all resistances with it.

It's common knowledge that it's still high, just the downside is, you're a Dwarf.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Karlach said:
    Ambermalt was actually nerfed the same day, it can no longer go past a certain threshold. He was reaching 110% to all resistances with it.

It's common knowledge that it's still high, just the downside is, you're a Dwarf.
    I loved dwarf as a race back in my Achaea days when everyone and their mother was a rajamalan (lvl 2 balance) or whatever the other thing was, I can't remember anymore (lvl 2 equilibrium)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Grook.

Dwarf is still a solid choice here, even without brewmeister, even without alcohol. I go dwarf because whip damage is static and dwarf tankiness doesn't come with a balance penalty. I go dwarf for pvp sometimes even, without alcohol, because strength affects monk damage, so I don't care about low dex, and I get high tankiness with dwarf along with decent strength.

Dwarf Brewmeisters are a nice niche, they are far less optimal for offense as a bard than as a monk because of the eq penalty - in a 1v1, it's unlikely you'll want to be saddled with that given that fast bards already have a lot of trouble killing their targets alone. But the tankiness more than makes up for it in team scenarios. In a way, Dwarf Brewmeisters bring a new dimension to the game - makes bards one of the very few archetypes that don't gravitate to the one single masterrace.

• edited August 2014
    Marcella said:
    So the cavalier quest is broken.

This is affecting our novice retention.

@Ieptix plz.

They don't get the option to learn the skill, they just get the exco damage resist.
    @Marcella Is it broken AGAIN? I last remember @Malarious said was broken when he moved Gau and then it was fixed as he was a Cavalier for a while if I remember correct. Even when I did I remember it aint working the first time and then when it did work  I got massive lag and  disconnected for 15 mins.
  • Is fixing broken quests one of those things that can't happen until the overhaul is finished? Because every time I get excited and decide to work one out, everyone tells me it's broken, and not to bother. And all the quests I DO know work, I know this because other people have them well and truly under their control...
  • Bug fixing goes on as normal as far as I know. Report them and someone will fix it when they get the time, most probably.

• I'm always too shy to submit actual bugs for quests in case I'm just doing something wrong, but for example people have told me not to bother attempting to contain the groundhogs, because that's broken, and also told me that the Wounded Crust is broken too, which makes me sad since Geomancer lore isn't exactly something you find in very many places. It's so hard to tell with quests, though.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Just when I think I have most things figured out, the game throws me another curve ball.

Today I learned that resonance can sustain itself through logout if you deactivate it first.

This discussion has been closed.