Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Daganev said:
    Synkarin said:
    Seems silly to me to ask everyone for all the dirty details to find the best place to influence. Part of the fun is discovering good places for yourself
    You appear to not recognize what I'm asking.
    I'm trying to figure out if Influencing to level 100 will get me 1 or 5 million esteem with and without the mask which gives +25% esteem.
    I know exactly what you're asking, I still don't know why you can't discover this on your own. Why can't you go and do a run in Lirangsha, see how much esteem you get (it gives quite a bit) and how much xp you gain and figure it out from there. I don't see the fun in getting spoonfed every last piece of infomation.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Daganev said:
    Synkarin said:
    Seems silly to me to ask everyone for all the dirty details to find the best place to influence. Part of the fun is discovering good places for yourself
    You appear to not recognize what I'm asking.
    I'm trying to figure out if Influencing to level 100 will get me 1 or 5 million esteem with and without the mask which gives +25% esteem.
    I know exactly what you're asking, I still don't know why you can't discover this on your own. Why can't you go and do a run in Lirangsha, see how much esteem you get (it gives quite a bit) and how much xp you gain and figure it out from there. I don't see the fun in getting spoonfed every last piece of infomation.
    Two reasons, and as an astute author once wrote, the second statement is always the more honest one.

1. That would require that I have lirangsha to myself for an entire lap, and that half the mobs weren't already influenced.
    2. I don't get much enjoyment from figuring things out when others have already done the figuring.
  • Find out in-game rather than on the forums, then?
  • edited November 2014
    Why? Forums = more people who might know. + different time zones.
    This isn't an IC question at all.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Me: Ohey, I got a complete poteen pot!... it says to drink and burp... okay!

(few burps later)

| Sobriety  : suicidally intoxicated
    | Tolerance : intolerant

... woops.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Selenity said:

(few burps later)

... woops.
    Sip vitae and kill yourself in a manse room with a funny name. That's what I always did.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited November 2014

Selenity said:

(few burps later)

... woops.
    Been there. Sad thing is poteens dont work on a set amount of alcohol entering your system, rather they work on raising you to a set level of alcohol. Even at the highest tolerant level of "unabashed alcoholic", I reach a high level by just 3 belches, which basically in contrast would make poteens one of the most alcoholic drinks, if not -thee- most.

I do wish "feeling tipsy" (the first level) didnt make you fumble about already though, makes it quite annoying to use the buffs from poteen in hunting or influencing when you have this random amnesia-like affect.

Edit: Oh and as for tolerance, it will take 2 belches/burps until you reach the level where your tolerance will increase. This is the same for any amount of tolerance you have. Just be prepared for some spazzing out, i'd suggest being in a manse.
  • Selenity said:

(few burps later)

... woops.
    I've had a pot for a while, but only just discovered how to use it.

It's evil. EVIL!

With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • You can also ask someone to fight you in the arena and immediately heartstop to get rid of drunkenness
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    You forecast that:
    Furious hurricane force winds batter everything around you.
    A rainstorm pours down from the heavens.
    It is quite mild.

You realise that your movement speed is 90% slower due to high winds.

Right. "Mild".
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Heh, that means that the temperature is between a certain range! I'd have to break out my charts for the exact range, but it's about 70F when it presents as 'mild'.
    Yeah, I know it's temp related, it just seemed so out of place compared to everything else :) .

Also, 90% slower movement is MURDER.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Are there any active shamans left in Serenwilde?
    Heck if I know, everyone classflexes to a bajillion things these days.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Why do I let myself get so behind on these things. So awkward reporting on events from weeks ago. Let's see how much polite disinterest I can pack in this analysis of Darvellan.  :-\"

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Daraius said:
    Why do I let myself get so behind on these things.

'Cause inaction is easier than action, of course. Same reason my to-edit stack has eleven entries and I'm currently not working on any of them.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Daraius finally finds himself leading the Hallimonks! then....we get "those" novices in the guild

It's true, I really am you.
  • All y'all orgless people need to fix that so my colouring still looks all pretty

It's true, I really am you.
  • Naime said:
    All y'all orgless people need to fix that so my colouring still looks all pretty
    You can give orgless people a colour, too. Don't discriminate, everyone is FABULOUS!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Shame Eventru's realm is gone. That place was so large and had so much work put into it, it could have been an area to itself.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Hey, people. You should all go to your friendly local library and do BROWSE TITLE PUN and read the two new Halliessays. They have awful puns in them.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Valtreth's realm isn't exactly small either. 138 rooms right now, excluding the temple.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Heh heh. I should state for the record that I actually love our admin and all you do for the game.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Darvellan said:
    Daraius said:
    Why do I let myself get so behind on these things. So awkward reporting on events from weeks ago. Let's see how much polite disinterest I can pack in this analysis of Darvellan.  :-\"

We can't wait to read it.
    My boat isn't gonna navigate itself.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Fun nodes

Started off with kind of a rag tag team and ended up holding our own until help arrived, good efforts overall

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'm going to miss ectoplasm.

(But it's for the best)
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I qq'd when wildnodes started because I'm on a different computer without my comfortable aliases and echoes and whatnot. I would've liked to join, though.

• edited November 2014
    Not sure if this is the best thread for this question, but does anybody know any/all of the things that would affect warrior wounding? Just had a situation where, using the same weapon (katana), an orclach (18str,14dex, considerable racial stat bonus to weapon) did ~850 wounding to 90/90 armour and a human (19str, 15dex) did >1000 wounding to 100/100 armour, and I admit to being very, very confused by this. Neither of us had any other buffs that would account for this that I can think of (though I could be wrong), and it's not a tertiary thing since both of us are trackers.

EDIT: Disregard. I ignored the obvious. It's amazing what a 5% DMP difference can do.
  • edited November 2014
    Altrea said:
    Not sure if this is the best thread for this question, but does anybody know any/all of the things that would affect warrior wounding? Just had a situation where, using the same weapon (katana), an orclach (18str,14dex, considerable racial stat bonus to weapon) did ~850 wounding to 90/90 armour and a human (19str, 15dex) did >1000 wounding to 100/100 armour, and I admit to being very, very confused by this. Neither of us had any other buffs that would account for this that I can think of (though I could be wrong), and it's not a tertiary thing since both of us are trackers.

EDIT: Disregard. I ignored the obvious. It's amazing what a 5% DMP difference can do.
    Wounded is affected by the Precision of the weapon, and the Str stat. Also the wounding rune.  Also, armour doesn't affect wounding on the head, you need a helmet for that.
This discussion has been closed.