Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Last week's headaches were from cutting out soda.

This week's headaches are from not sleeping from cutting out soda and cutting out smoking.

I want to be hunting all evening, but the screaming in my head says no!  It'll be worth it, I feel.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Not smoking is great, giving up caffeine must be hell. 

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• What the heck is the point of the Cankermore war thing? It doesn't make any sense at all to me. The opposing side seems to always just sort of win.

I even had it arranged so their group would walk into two of mine. And those ten troops still annihilated my twenty.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Yeah, after the first round, I've never been able to win. :( I know that some troops seem to be weaker/stronger against others, but even when I think I have them lined up right, I still lose. It's so damn annoying. 
  • Protip: Kill 2 or 3 groups and just sidestep into their base to win.
  • That's what I did the first time around, but every time since it's behaved strangely. Like not being able to make troops move over several 'turns' and them being taken out in one hit. :< 
  • I don't think weight of numbers helps, if it's 10 against 20 the attacker just fights one batch of 10 then the next. The attacker takes the first swing, which is an advantage. Apart from that you can sometimes just be unlucky and lose against a unit yours is strong against.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Kio said:
    Last week's headaches were from cutting out soda.

This week's headaches are from not sleeping from cutting out soda and cutting out smoking.

I want to be hunting all evening, but the screaming in my head says no!  It'll be worth it, I feel.
    Caffeine withdrawal is absolute hell while your body detoxes, but it will be worth it in the long run.  Keep drinking plenty of water, it will help flush out your system a little bit faster and potentially help with the headaches.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Riluna said:
    What the heck is the point of the Cankermore war thing? It doesn't make any sense at all to me. The opposing side seems to always just sort of win.

I even had it arranged so their group would walk into two of mine. And those ten troops still annihilated my twenty.
    Pay close attention to the race of the troops that fight each other. You might find some interesting patterns.....

• As noted, however, even using the right races to attack doesn't guarantee a victory.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited June 2013
    Why are you even letting them fight? Every time I did it I just moved one army in lone-ranger style, then moved the other armies around back and forth amongst the same rooms until my expeditionary force was behind enemy lines (or at least had a clear path to get there).

The algorithm is not very smart about where it moves things. As long as you do not let your army end a turn 1 room away from an enemy army, they tend to march en masse (very slowly) towards your side. Leaves all kind of room for infiltration.

Edit: I should note that I always did the mold side (2x over for the aether epic). Maybe this does not work as well for the undead side given the layout of the bubble? Because I really doubt the mold algorithm is smarter.
  • edited June 2013
    I've only done the undead side and once I got the hang of it I just killed all the mold soldiers and moseyed on over to crazy insane overkill the mold leader. MOLD IS NO MATCH FOR THE UNDEAD!!!!!

But omg it was frustrating until I got the groupings right. That and Vey thought it was funny to pop in and ruin it from time to time.

Edit:
    Overall a very enjoyable quest.

• So... there's some method for people to crown a dwarf, summon flame warriors, and turn Angkrag living. There a way to turn Rockholm undead?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Theoretically if you ask @Estarra a quest will be added.

Same with enslaving Ptoma; Magnagora has a lot of reason to hate keph-bugs too.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk

Xenthos said:
    Theoretically if you ask @Estarra a quest will be added.

Same with enslaving Ptoma; Magnagora has a lot of reason to hate keph-bugs too.

So you are saying we can troll and demoralize Celest like they did to us, as long as we just ask Estarra for permission?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I'm pretty sure people have to care for it to be trolling. We don't have anyone left to care. :P
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I am sure, soon enough, you will get a Divine event that alters the landscape back into your favor, and all your big name fighters will come back out of hiding and go back to talking big and mighty.

Its not like they all abandoned you and ran away to their alts when they lost the Glomzerg.

Oh wait...
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited June 2013
    The last couple of tweets were a bit too sassy for my taste. Can we get back to tweets, please? :P

My tweet:
    Yay for finally finishing Trade ministry projects!

EDIT: I am 1 post away from the 100 post mark. I wonder what kind of deep, profound statement I will make to get me there...
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    raaaaaa. I fell asleep for 6 hours and completely missed getting bards, pixies etc to complete my streak. :cry:
  • edited June 2013
    You call upon the spirit of groundhog to grant you the gift of burrowing. Your 
    nostrils fill with the scent of tainted earth, and a sense of terror quickly 
    pervades you.

o_o;; I didn't notice until now. When'd this change?
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Oops! I didn't know it had any actual effects. Does it stop you from being able to burrow?

You can blame that one on me. It's from the groundhog quest in the blasted lands.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Wait till the dwarves get an 8-hour invulnerabilty window guys.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Ixion said:
    Oops! I didn't know it had any actual effects. Does it stop you from being able to burrow?

You can blame that one on me. It's from the groundhog quest in the blasted lands.
    I can still burrow, so it seems like the change is merely cosmetic.
  • Umm... what happened to the chuckle emote?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Ish bugged for now.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    CHUCKLE your way to untapped errors!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Ixion said:
    Oops! I didn't know it had any actual effects. Does it stop you from being able to burrow?

There's a few tainted groundhogs running around the Blasted Land. I was wondering where they came from; I should have known!
  • Within the past two days, Kio has made three people exceedingly unhappy, apparently.  I don't like being the bad guy all of the sudden.
    edited June 2013
    Three? I only knew of one.

Meanwhile I can't help but notice a lot of Glom/Mag alts suddenly coming out of the woodwork... or the stone work... or the Portal of Fate. Can't think why, but yay, more people to dump power on. I'm putting the Gaudi/Glom/Mag nexii out of a job here..

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Also one day I will stop losing kills because I used the wrong effing Katana. 

This discussion has been closed.