Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• I should probably go to bed. But, I'm already halfway through level 98.

...it won't hurt to stay up a little longer, right?  >.>
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Xenthos and I seem to be stuck in an eternal war of "Who's going to bed first" 

The fact I've been up 25 hours doesn't necessarily mean it should be me, right?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Case in point: Almost burnt the house down.

I put a pot of water on the stove for a cup of tea.  That was half an hour ago.  Praying the smell doesn't wake anyone else up >.>
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Morkarion said:
    Xenthos and I seem to be stuck in an eternal war of "Who's going to bed first" 

The fact I've been up 25 hours doesn't necessarily mean it should be me, right?
    I'll go to bed when you do.  Grumble, grumble.

You're just keeping me up so you can quote me quoting you. I'm onto you, mister.
  • edited June 2013
    I have the perfect compromise. You both go to bed ... together.

EDIT: And no sneaking in a tablet or laptop or anything like that.
    Akyaevin said:
    I have the perfect compromise. You both go to bed ... together.

EDIT: And no sneaking in a tablet or laptop or anything like that.
    I tend to play lying on my bed with a laptop. This doesn't work.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2013
    Playing in your bed is bad sleep hygiene! Do you get insomnia?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I hope not, smoking coltsfoot in bed might set your sheets on fire.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Just tested my bike for the first time in well over three years. Aside from a plugged air valve (which was quickly remedied), it seems to work like it did the last time I used it!

Granted, it sounds about the same as someone sticking a metal pipe in a woodchipper due to the chain being all gunky and seized, but have to take my blessings where I can!
  • I heard the outside is dangerous and... bright. Be careful!
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    You know what?  You're ridiculous.

Edit: Because I'm exceedingly irritated and didn't need to say any of the rest.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kio said:
    I heard the outside is dangerous and... bright. Be careful!
    It's dangerous to go alone, yes... give him a kitten or something?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Kio said:
    I heard the outside is dangerous and... bright. Be careful!
    It's dangerous to go alone, yes... give him a kitten or something?
    Yes. The family heirl- er, pet. It will serve you well.
    Rivius said:
    Playing in your bed is bad sleep hygiene! Do you get insomnia?
    I've always had sleep problems since I can recall.

The upshot of this is if I pass out I don't wake up with my face in a keyboard with QWERTY imprinted on my forehead.

• Yeah, you aren't supposed to "hang out" in your bed. Doing things like playing games, watching TV, reading, etc in bed trains your body and mind to get into a mode to do that stuff instead of sleeping when you get in bed.
  • Panic mode enabled. Did anyone notice a death sight for Kio within the past 30 minutes?

If so... what happens when you die and dc at the same time while on Prime? I'm freaking out because of the massive amount of time I've put in the past couple days -and- the fact that my progress through Titan this far has been under a kiss of the fates. I swear to god if I've lost that much time -and- those thirty credits, I'm probably not going to want to log in for a week.
    No need to panic attack; you might have died (I logged on exactly 35 minutes ago, deathsight went up shortly sometime after, so I may or may not have missed your death), but your character has definitely timed out by now.  "No guild member by that name is online."

And even if you did die, can just ask for a soul-rez.
  • edited June 2013
    Kio has been shown the facts by a Lirangsha scholar.
    You see the death occur at before the Lirangsha Gardens.

at 3:53PM EST, about 45 or so minutes ago
    Corpse was still there.  It's immolated now.  You can kick your ISP without having to worry about praying.
  • Oh my god. So, being dead for so long - will I have lost more so than usual?
    Kio said:
    Oh my god. So, being dead for so long - will I have lost more so than usual?
    Unlikely, linkdead souls usually time out really fast (they don't tend to wait for the full timeout).  I doubt you ran out of mana, so wouldn't have lost much extra experience.  Have to actually run out of mana for the extra loss to kick in, and also have to be online (once you time out, the loss is done with).
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    Kay. Gonna try logging in my from phone since you immolated me.

Thanks, by the way. A lot.

Edit: Not sure how much I lost, but I'm still up about 5% from when I got home. So I suppose I only need to be upset about having to put it off for a few days. I even got to leave work early :(

Thanks you two. I'm gonna go crawl into a corner and be upset for a while. x.x
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    I hate you, Bollikin! I hate you and the feels you give me! There aren't enough tissues in my house for this :(

Edit: "It is not death that is painful. It is being born."

OMG THE TEARY FEELS.
  • Bollikin has the best book by far.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Well, that's over. And I'm a simpering mess. I'm torn between Tae, Clangorum, and Bollikin.

Clangorum just has so much good history. It's so neat. Tae was the first book I fell in love with... It was also the first book I read. And after reading Bollikin and almost becoming a terribly sobbing mess by picturing Tae's cry when he splintered, Kio is probably in for a pretty big personality shift. Well, not really a shift, but a finally a settled way about him. So far he's been a fumbly, curious bear who just wants to learn about *everything.* Now, though, I can see in my head exactly how I want him to turn out.

Well hey. A break from Demi grinding, IG personal drama, and IG clerical stuff has turned into a good thing. How about that.
  • Oh indeed. Most of the books are great in their own way. Tae is rather funny. I enjoy reading it. Usually after Bollikin because I really need something to cheer me up after reading that book. But yeah. None of the other books managed to invoke that raw emotional feeling and personal interest like Bollikin could. Meridian had a nice and poignant ending, but that's also it. And Trillillial had some nice scenes. But in the end it's aaaall Bollikin.

And personal drama can be good. Just have fun with it and take it wherever it may lead you. Changes of hearts are interesting to experience.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Yea. Still getting used to having any sort of openly negative feelings between two characters. I just don't know how to handle administrative backlash (for lack of a better way to put it?) quite yet. It's an exhausting experience, that's for sure, but it's proving a lot of fun, too!
  • edited June 2013
    Should visit Hallifax. There's no openly negative feelings there.

Granted that's cause such things would be uncivilized and uncouth. It's all hidden behind curt smiles and polite, chilly interactions. :-\"
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Kio said:
    Yea. Still getting used to having any sort of openly negative feelings between two characters. I just don't know how to handle administrative backlash (for lack of a better way to put it?) quite yet. It's an exhausting experience, that's for sure, but it's proving a lot of fun, too!
    This is where you focus on support from those you can work with and receive at least some positive feedback from. If you can't find anyone like that and just are stuck with the negatives, it might be time to assess whether you really want to keep the position or not, if only for the sake of your own enjoyment of the game.
  • Oh, no! It's not nearly that bad at all! There were just some hurt feelings, is all. I'm not good with these things IRL, so it's tough to fake my way through it IG.

But, like I said... After reading more about Tae in the boom of Bollikin... I have ideas :D
This discussion has been closed.