Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Kelly saying delete pits? :O say it isn't so!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Marcella said:

Kelly saying delete pits? :O say it isn't so!

Also, the only reason I even had any pits was because Kelly had flexed and laid them; I generally only switch in reaction to her, and then just use her pits (that one she fell into was one that she put down and I... appropriated).
  • How sneaky!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited June 2013
    Starting to think batphoning is one of those things no one wants to admit to doing, everyone publicly dislikes the concept of doing, but a lot of people do it anyway because they're confident the other side would/will do the same given the chance.

Personally I'd prefer to be non considered, if I want to partake I'll be online in the game itself folks.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    Starting to think batphoning is one of those things no one wants to admit to doing, everyone publicly dislikes the concept of doing, but a lot of people do it anyway because they're confident the other side would/will do the same given the chance.

Personally I'd prefer to be non considered, if I want to partake I'll be online in the game itself folks.
    So much this. I'm not a fighter, but seeing the same five or ten people pop up minutes after a domoth being challenged time and time again just gets... meh. Sure, I can understand why it's done (people want to play when there's action and do other things when there's not), but... yeah, it's just meh.
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    I didn't even realize this was a thing :(

On second thought, though: while it's really strange to think of ICly, OOCly I can totally understand people doing this. I honestly can't say if I disagree with it or not.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    My cellphone number is on a clan helpfile.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2013
    Since I prefer open confrontation rather than passing allusions, is this in reference to the death domoth today? The reason I ask is because I heard it mentioned a few times and I assumed the people in question were joking.
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    Shuyin said:

My cellphone number is on a clan helpfile.

Should this be considered immoral, or is it merely amoral?
  • I have the browser app on my computer so sometimes if there are a bunch of politics posts all of the sudden I'll know there is a flare of village revolt.

So there are ways that people can be semi-aware of things going on in game while not logged on that are fairly legit. However, if someone sent me a text or skype message that there was a domoth fight it would be unappreciated and end with a long conversation about boundaries.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2013
    This is what I imagine @Shuyin's batphone looks like:

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Why would it be either? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    LINK IS BROKEN, CAN'T SEE
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    You gotta right click, copy URL and paste it into your browser's address bar.
    Stupid forums, why is it not just embedding? 
    Okay got it. I am satisfied with that phone.
  • Daraius said:
    Why would it be either? 
    Well, it has to be one of three by virtue of definition: moral (an inherently good thing), immoral (an inherently bad thing), or amoral (just a thing that's neither good nor bad).  I highly doubt it would be considered moral, because if it is I would expect to see way more help files labelled PHONENUMBERS in various clans or orgs.
    I'm pretty sure that nobody wants to have metagaming information around where the Admin can easily access it (even if not necessarily against game rules now, it's at least a gray area).

That said, there are a lot of people who know Skype / IM / other details and don't hesitate to mention that things are happening.

It's one of the things I'm pretty uncomfortable with personally, so I try very hard not to mention player conflict events are going on.  I do know that not everyone feels the same way, though!

On the other hand, I have no similar compunction to reporting Divine events.  I kind of like to share the love with those with people who I know would be interested (if they are online at least, I don't do the phone / texting thing, they have to at least be at the computer).  That's not really a balance or fairness of gameplay thing though, imo.
    Or.. most people just don't want their phone numbers floating around, and don't post phone numbers out of personal preference for anonymity/separation, not because they believe it fits into some kind of moral structure. It's amoral, it's not a 'good' or 'evil' act. Though, knowing that calling people up and having them glom onto the combat ultimately makes the atmosphere of combat worse (obviously an opinion) could potentially be immoral, or at least unethical. 

People have posted their numbers and / or contact information all over the place; there was an entire thread of Skype information on the old forums.
    I figured such behavior was fine given that the HAPPY FUN TIME NO RANTS OFFICIAL fb group condones it by providing a file about such things too.

• I will admit, not having time to play properly at the moment, I've given my Skype details out and told people to contact me if theirs a fight going on. Mostly because I still want to be involved in the game but I don't have a huge amount of time to dedicate to it at the moment.
  • edited June 2013
    Shuyin said:
    I figured such behavior was fine given that the HAPPY FUN TIME NO RANTS OFFICIAL fb group condones it by providing a file about such things too.

The admin don't regulate the facebook group. What happens there isn't directed or moderated by us.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2013
    Got it. Sorry, I just had a linguistic brain fart. Pretend I was never here.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    KNEW IT
    Ahaha.  Yes.
    Hm.  I just noticed that the date is wrong.  :(
This discussion has been closed.