Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Dear Divine: please stop being so damn likable on the forums so that I may continue to hate you in game.  Kthx.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Xenthos said:
    Kelly saying delete pits? :O say it isn't so!
    Also, the only reason I even had any pits was because Kelly had flexed and laid them; I generally only switch in reaction to her, and then just use her pits (that one she fell into was one that she put down and I... appropriated).
    Generally I get forced to flex because the "other team" has so many trackers, but I hate doing it! Miss dat trueheal rage.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kelly said:
    Xenthos said:
    Also, the only reason I even had any pits was because Kelly had flexed and laid them; I generally only switch in reaction to her, and then just use her pits (that one she fell into was one that she put down and I... appropriated).
    Generally I get forced to flex because the "other team" has so many trackers, but I hate doing it! Miss dat trueheal rage.
    That's strange; pretty much every time you start the trapping, at least when I'm around.  /me ponders.  I do know that I never switch to it unless you do, though!  (Excepting one time that I figured you would and you didn't, pre-emptive switching was wasted)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Kelly said:
    Xenthos said:
    Odd, I only went tracker because you were.

The only dedicated primary skill tracker I know is Aurik, and with the exception of Chaos/Ascension hasn't been involved in combat till about 2 weeks ago.

And @Rivius no it's not, this is something I've had on my mind for a short while now. There's certain people that suddenly seem to pop on whenever domoths or raids start, without fail.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• So, wait, is everyone feeding into a vicious circle of "I went trapper because you're trapper because someone else was a trapper so I thought I needed to go trapper?"

• Marcella said:
    So, wait, is everyone feeding into a vicious circle of "I went trapper because you're trapper because someone else was a trapper so I thought I needed to go trapper?"
    We have to go trapper(er).
    Marcella said:
    So, wait, is everyone feeding into a vicious circle of "I went trapper because you're trapper because someone else was a trapper so I thought I needed to go trapper?"
    Pretty much. Only reason I go trapper is to get the pits in before someone else would.

It's like Shrines at domoths, one side raises them to deny the other side the opportunity to do the same.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or demesnes.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Allow multiclass and I'll go trapper/melder/bard for you guys any time. Serious.
    Shuyin said:
    Allow multiclass and I'll go trapper/melder/bard for you guys any time. Serious.
    Multiclass sort of exists now, save for report 1221 that will leave trappers as high priority wet paper bags.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    We have multispec, not multiclass.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    And hardly multispec either, unless you chunk out major bucks.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you're generally known for being abrasive and rude in one IRE game, and get ostracized for it, it's likely not a great idea to go to another IRE game to start anew.... And act the same.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    What's with all the freaking dc's tonight?

Lol. You're a noob, Kio.  Pincharging into Albion.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited June 2013
    Shuyin said:
    Fall back, already did this.
    [spoiler]On the envoy test server.[/spoiler]

Recode basically all of the demesne functions and get triggers working. No major crashing bugs, good so far.
    Start testing, and for some reason one of the most important parts, effect timers, isn't working properly even with 0 errors and I have no idea what's wrong. :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • @Riluna: I'm sorry!  It's all ICness!  Under any other circumstances, I wouldn't actively work to steal a quest away from anyone :(
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    Warrior is really, really frustrating most of the times :(

[Also, that was great fun, Xena!  I thought maybe, just maybe I had a chance until I realized I ran out of power and had 0 endurance :(]

BAH! FOGOT TO LOG THE WARGAMES *cry*
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What happened to this envoy report?  This still bothers the heck out of me when I cannot manipulate pendants or anything with other clothing on.

Report #1007
    Skillset: Enchantment          Skill: None
       Guild: Blacktalon          Status: Approved Dec 2012

Problem: Necklaces / pendants / coats / cloaks / capes all interact *very weirdly* with one another.  For example: I am currently wearing a coat, cape, and cloak.  If I try to wear a pendant, it does not work.  If I remove the cloak, then I can wear one pendant, but not the second.  If I remove the pendant and the cape, then I can wear two pendants, then wear the cape, then the cloak and it all works- I get the prestige bonus for wearing the clothing.  Problem is that now if I try to rub an enchantment on the worn necklace or powerful mind on the pendant, it says: A tribal wyrden battle cape is preventing you from using a golden heart-shaped pendant.  So I have to keep dressing and undressing every time I want to rub the thing

Solution #1: Remove pendants / necklaces from interacting with clothing- let you wear clothing, and then wear pendants / necklaces separately.  Wearing and removing the first will not check if the second is "preventing" the action and vice versa.

• Xenthos said:
    What happened to this envoy report?  This still bothers the heck out of me when I cannot manipulate pendants or anything with other clothing on.

Report #1007
    Skillset: Enchantment          Skill: None
       Guild: Blacktalon          Status: Approved Dec 2012

Problem: Necklaces / pendants / coats / cloaks / capes all interact *very weirdly* with one another.  For example: I am currently wearing a coat, cape, and cloak.  If I try to wear a pendant, it does not work.  If I remove the cloak, then I can wear one pendant, but not the second.  If I remove the pendant and the cape, then I can wear two pendants, then wear the cape, then the cloak and it all works- I get the prestige bonus for wearing the clothing.  Problem is that now if I try to rub an enchantment on the worn necklace or powerful mind on the pendant, it says: A tribal wyrden battle cape is preventing you from using a golden heart-shaped pendant.  So I have to keep dressing and undressing every time I want to rub the thing

Solution #1: Remove pendants / necklaces from interacting with clothing- let you wear clothing, and then wear pendants / necklaces separately.  Wearing and removing the first will not check if the second is "preventing" the action and vice versa.

I wish this would happen with armbands.
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • STOP THAT.
    Kio said:
    STOP THAT.
    So much this, the spate of random DC's this last couple of weeks have been frustrating.

Tacita said:
    WTF. Omg.

<3 Nocht
    This seems appropriate...

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited June 2013

I have been sketching redcaps over the past few days since I still cannot play. Pages and pages and pages and PAGES of redcaps. This could replace the wyrden potato, I fear.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Very glad to see the Admin cracked down on one of the autobashers in this Greathunt, but some consistency across the board would be nice.

If someone is first in a division in this game and another at the same time, it brings alarm bells. The fact it's someone who's known for genrun abuse is more concerning.

Anyway not that I'm berating anyone for policy decisions, just airing my thoughts.

Sorry just to clean up, #1 here and #2 in Aetolia at the same time.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mudlet and its lovely multi-window :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Or maybe two keyboards. Or maybe two different mudlet/mushclients tweaked to be simultaneously active, and sharing the same keybinds so a single command hit will affect both characters. Or maybe a genrunner on either character.

• Lerad said:
    Or maybe two keyboards. Or maybe two different mudlet/mushclients tweaked to be simultaneously active, and sharing the same keybinds so a single command hit will affect both characters. Or maybe a genrunner on either character.
    Or even two computers. That's just a general comment. I have no idea what anyone was or was not doing in this event.
  • Zvoltz said:
    Xenthos said:
    Idea: If you QUIT an Order, your cult dies.

If your Order dies on you, you don't lose your lessons in Veneration or your cult status, you just lose access to the cult commands.  So you at least have them to go back to if you join another Divine, or return to your own (when they are returned anew).

Obviously if you join another and your original God comes back, you'd lose your Cult if you quit the new Order, to avoid abuse (and keep it still RP-centric, no Order hopping just because).
    Cults have been lost with the god before, I'm a little confused as to why this is news now.

I'm not really sure that keeping your veneration and cult would work in any way for you to pick up and move it to another god. Cults and Veneration are both about forming a deep connection (as deep a connection as a mortal can have with a god) to your patron. Being able to keep that while you move around to other gods is really opposed to the purpose of cults in general. Some gods may also not want to have another cult and veneration skillset if someone moves into their order with a leftover one from another admin.
    My problem with all of this is that it seems to me that such a 'deep bond' would leave remnants of power. It seems silly that a god leaving is like hitting delete on a computer.

Would it have been too much to brand such individuals in some way, so that at least they'd get something for all their effort.

I can only sympathize with those who brought credits or invested 100's of hourse to meet whatever requirements set by the admins.
This discussion has been closed.