Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited June 2013
    BUT HE WILL ALWAYS KNOW HE'S A FAKE BEAR.

It's why I have never reincarnated, I don't think Lavinya could live with only masquerading as a viscanti. I will get a changeling cameo one day, that will probably be more palatable to me, almost sorta (why do viscanti have to be sooo sloooow weeeeep).

• Lavinya said:
    BUT HE WILL ALWAYS KNOW HE'S A FAKE BEAR.

It's why I have never reincarnated, I don't think Lavinya could live with only masquerading as a viscanti. I will get a changeling cameo one day, that will probably be more palatable to me, almost sorta (why do viscanti have to be sooo sloooow weeeeep).
    Kio is a real bear and will always be a real bear.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Yeah, I'm the same way with lobo. Too stubborn to let that go.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Another armament, this one distinctively of both voidcopper and crystal spires melded into an odd, chaotic harmony, emerges from the Dreadform, blasting through the barrier in a welter of sparks and scarlet, mantric energies as the creature goes.

Is this how Gods make children?  Because it is beginning to inherit parts of both.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You sons of bastards. How dare you kill off my favorite warrior goddess?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Destroying cults is perhaps a little harsh, though... that's a -lot- of personal essence involved.
  • Xenthos said:
    Destroying cults is perhaps a little harsh, though... that's a -lot- of personal essence involved.
    That was my first reaction too. Damn, that sucks.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Yeah, I didn't see the need for that either.
    Idea: If you QUIT an Order, your cult dies.

If your Order dies on you, you don't lose your lessons in Veneration or your cult status, you just lose access to the cult commands.  So you at least have them to go back to if you join another Divine, or return to your own (when they are returned anew).

Obviously if you join another and your original God comes back, you'd lose your Cult if you quit the new Order, to avoid abuse (and keep it still RP-centric, no Order hopping just because).
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    After idk how long, I fixed my signature! Behold!
    [spoiler]Look down.[/spoiler]
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Xenthos said:

If your Order dies on you, you don't lose your lessons in Veneration or your cult status, you just lose access to the cult commands.  So you at least have them to go back to if you join another Divine, or return to your own (when they are returned anew).

Obviously if you join another and your original God comes back, you'd lose your Cult if you quit the new Order, to avoid abuse (and keep it still RP-centric, no Order hopping just because).
    Cults have been lost with the god before, I'm a little confused as to why this is news now.

I'm not really sure that keeping your veneration and cult would work in any way for you to pick up and move it to another god. Cults and Veneration are both about forming a deep connection (as deep a connection as a mortal can have with a god) to your patron. Being able to keep that while you move around to other gods is really opposed to the purpose of cults in general. Some gods may also not want to have another cult and veneration skillset if someone moves into their order with a leftover one from another admin.

edited June 2013
    Zvoltz said:
    Xenthos said:

Cults have been lost with the god before, I'm a little confused as to why this is news now.

I'm not really sure that keeping your veneration and cult would work in any way for you to pick up and move it to another god. Cults and Veneration are both about forming a deep connection (as deep a connection as a mortal can have with a god) to your patron. Being able to keep that while you move around to other gods is really opposed to the purpose of cults in general. Some gods may also not want to have another cult and veneration skillset if someone moves into their order with a leftover one from another admin.
    It would still have to be activated (at least the way I'm envisioning it), and if not activated it won't be lost if you leave the Order you joined with it dormant (it's basically in stasis until it's put back to full strength).

It's not about being "news," it's about "fairness to the players who have invested".  This is not just the Cult-head, but also every member of the Cult who spends time hunting and offering to shore up the reserves / to transcend the skillset.  That's a huge amount of time and effort invested by multiple players that just goes "poof" through no fault of their own, and to me that's a bit of a problem.

Note that the bolded is the biggest issue I have here.  If you quit an Order, that's your choice.  You know exactly what you're losing.  It's different if the Order dissolves around your head, though.
  • And now I'm suddenly in the mood to administrate!  BUAHAHA.  THINGS ARE GETTING DONE.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Having a cult vanish on you barely a couple of months after you invested a giant esteem bomb that took you nearly half a year to complete?

Ouch.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Losing the cult makes sense in an IC sense, and logically, but yeah... that's a lot of personal essence to just blink away. Maybe if there was some way to dissolve the cult on your own and get a portion of the essence back.
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    Kio gets so antsy when the Divine start talking on the aethers. He instantly wants to assault them with countless questions on countless subjects.  It takes all his energy not to, so he ends up just shutting his mouth.

Edit: It also makes me hurt to have to purposefully misspell things to get Kio's speech to come across correctly.  Things like "sarchasms" and "soliditary (solidarity)" make my insides twitch a little.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    That moment in your first fight after time away when you realise you have totally forgotten how to combat.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    For every time you have really really shit RNG as a Knight and NOTHING WORKS, you get fights like that where you were completely ill prepared and you still hit everything right on the money with luck better than skill.

Still not a good way to balance a class.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited June 2013
    I did not recall my original post, but here's its replacement.
    Recoding things, after 3? months away from coding, while also learning 2 different coding languages, suuuucccckkkkkssss.
    Someone mind reminding me why I'm doing this?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    *squeal* I'm so excited for my next present that I even had dreams about it last night!

Gonna look so sweet next to the Brawn of Bear.  <3
  • I'm missing all the cool stuff lately. 

Shedrin said:
    I'm missing all the cool stuff lately. 
    Nope, not everything.

Shedrin tells you, "My darling! A skittish chipmunk is following the blood of a Demon Lord."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    WHERE ARE ALL MY CURATIVES? :|
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited June 2013
    Siam said:
    WHERE ARE ALL MY CURATIVES? :|
    Did your tomato sandwich wife take them all in the divorce?

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • My lack of RP skills was made very obvious today. :P
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • I'm really starting to love the way people view Kio IC. It's so rewarding to feel like all the effort I try to put into his personality is paying off. :)
    10742h, 4911m, 9211e, 10p, 25145en, 31205w mBelrxk<>-
    Flapping his wings furiously, Pestilence, the Wyrden Wolf creates a gust of wind that slams into Kelly.
    You have slain Kelly.
    Kelly has left the area.

This left me quite puzzled for a while... until I realized I had a pit in the room she got gusted into.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Xenthos said:
    Flapping his wings furiously, Pestilence, the Wyrden Wolf creates a gust of wind that slams into Kelly.
    You have slain Kelly.
    Kelly has left the area.

This left me quite puzzled for a while... until I realized I had a pit in the room she got gusted into.
    I imagined your character going into that room, going, "What?" And looking down the pit. "... oh. Ohhh."
  • Zouviqil said:
    Xenthos said:
    You have slain Kelly.
    Kelly has left the area.

I imagined your character going into that room, going, "What?" And looking down the pit. "... oh. Ohhh."
    This... is... Glomdoring?
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    That was so messed up, haha. (delete pits)
This discussion has been closed.