Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Preserve might be like Crucify, in that whenever you make a new one the old one vanishes.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Akyaevin said:
    Preserve might be like Crucify, in that whenever you make a new one the old one vanishes.
    Nope, I've seen multiple frozen bodies in a room, but if what Xenthos told me is correct, if they vitae/lich/homunculus it doesn't leave a body unfortunately :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Morkarion said:
    Pretty sure this weave belongs to @Kio. Epic day of win doing so much for Glom <3

Less said about his hood being down the better >.>
    Except the part where he killed Eodh in Faethorn. Cause killing low/midbies is cool mkay :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shaddus said:
    Morkarion said:
    Pretty sure this weave belongs to @Kio. Epic day of win doing so much for Glom <3

Less said about his hood being down the better >.>
    Except the part where he killed Eodh in Faethorn. Cause killing low/midbies is cool mkay :D
    That was the weave after, and he killed Eodh after Eodh shattered him.

Tell the whole story now :p

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Except the part where he killed Eodh in Faethorn. Cause killing low/midbies is cool mkay :D
    You know what, no.  I'm not going to sit here and explain the gritty details because, as Morkarion points out to me all the time, I'm too easily trolled.  I guess that's what I get for being a naive little dude.

Apologies and explanations were had OOCly between me and the novice.  In fact, I even had a little OOC chat with Rivius about the situation to get a little advice on how to handle this sort of RP situation afterward, seeing as how all this stuff is still pretty new to me (~85% of Kio's age is dormancy).  So, before you go slandering my name and labelling me the realm's newest, griefiest newbie-slayer, how about you grow up a little bit.  After all, there's lots of griefing happening everywhere (corpse thievery and off-peak hit-and-runs come to mind).  I do my damnedest to go out of my way to make sure I'm not involved with it.  An enemy's AFK herbing on Astral and drops 512 sparleberries?  I mail them back, even after the same person stole my corpses in the past.  Mags raiding Serenwilde after a Faethorn scuffle when I know there aren't the people to back Seren up?  I make sure our side stays out of it.

tl;dr

Accidents happen.  Criminalize me all you want, because you're going to find a way to anyway.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited September 2013
    Honestly, just the fact that Kio approached me about it on his own gave me hope for lusternia. So rave for that. It's not often people feel guilty about that sort of thing without someone complaining to them about it. He's definitely not a jerk newbie griefer.
    Whoa, whoa. My bad, I just saw the deathsight and shook my head. Calm down, I'm apparently in the wrong here.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You examine a left paw curio piece of the Stuffed Panda Curio Set carefully,
    before carefully touching it to a partial stuffed panda curio piece of the
    Stuffed Panda Curio Set. A brief flash of light reveals that the two pieces have
    joined together, finally completing a pudgy, stuffed panda bear.

Squeeeeeeee~

<3@Shaddus <3

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Completed my first cooking curio. Now I can turn ANY food into macaroni cheese. :D
    Criminalize me all you want, because you're going to find a way to anyway.
    Sorry, I'm probably just a little too used to Glom champs wantonly killing people and then using the NMBG chant to justify it. Maybe you'll be different. I hope you are.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kio said:

An enemy's AFK herbing on Astral and drops 512 sparleberries?  I mail them back, even after the same person stole my corpses in the past. Mags raiding Serenwilde after a Faethorn scuffle when I know there aren't the people to back Seren up?
    Not enemied person takes a wrong turn, ends up in distort with a bunch of Gloms beating their face in, drops manifestations... "Thanks for the donation"? Yeah, sorry, I don't believe you. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2013
    Elanorwen said:
    Kio said:

An enemy's AFK herbing on Astral and drops 512 sparleberries?  I mail them back, even after the same person stole my corpses in the past. Mags raiding Serenwilde after a Faethorn scuffle when I know there aren't the people to back Seren up?
    Not enemied person takes a wrong turn, ends up in distort with a bunch of Gloms beating their face in, drops manifestations... "Thanks for the donation"? Yeah, sorry, I don't believe you. :P
    When it's a person who is well-known for running up and stealing corpses of people hunting Astral... yeah.  I'm not sure why you'd expect differently there.  While obviously not strictly obeyed, the Golden Rule does subtly cover much of Lusternia's interactions; another person might have had a completely different outcome.

As an example, I don't jump people, so I usually don't get jumped.  I don't lift people's corpses (except one time during a Domoth when I nicked Kelly's, but returned them to her after we had a short chat), and I'm usually left alone in that regard as well.

Sure, there are people who just kind of do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want; but on the whole, Lusternia's playerbase is a bit better than that I like to think.  A lot of the feuds these days are (at least from my observation) more personal (the Morkarion <-> Xena or Kio <-> Kelly ones, for example).

Edit: And that's my rave; that Lusternia's playerbase is not a gung-ho "rargh, everyone over on the other side is terribad and must suffer the entire time they are logged into the game".  I know we've had some times in the past where it felt that way, and I far prefer this.
  • Elanorwen said:

Kio said:

1. Fairly certain you were an enemy.

2. It was a domoth. You have a pretty solid history of spam touching bubblixes to scout where domoths are. We like you so much we take the time to set up death boxes so you can visit us for more than a passing second.

3. I didn't come to ninja gank you. You came to us. During a domoth. If you don't want to risk dropping manis, put them in your manse. You've been around long enough to know that if you show up to a domoth, we're gonna assume you're up to something and kill you.

My rave: I have a chiiiiiiiiiiiild
    Elanorwen said:
    Kio said:

No, you were enemied by then.

You were also running up to astral bubbles and stealing people's corpses before this happened, and generally being a smack talking troll. What did you think was honestly going to happen when you recklessly jump into a killbox of people who don't like you for various valid IC reasons, not to mention are all in the same Divine Order which your character broke their oaths and left?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• *popcorn*

In all seriousness, every org gets it at some point or another. Metagaming definitely contributes to some of the issues where an org gets beat into the ground for weeks/months. And we reserve the right to be jerks to our enemies. It happens. Constantly. 

Not to be a hall monitor (because everyone hates those)... but get over yourself, kiddos. 
  • Aeral said:

*popcorn*

In all seriousness, every org gets it at some point or another. Metagaming definitely contributes to some of the issues where an org gets beat into the ground for weeks/months. And we reserve the right to be jerks to our enemies. It happens. Constantly. 

Not to be a hall monitor (because everyone hates those)... but get over yourself, kiddos. 
    But I'm a fatbear and hard to climb. Can I just go around myself? :(
  • I can finally publish things! Hopefully I didn't do anything stupid/break anything in the process.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Kio said:

No, you were enemied by then.

You were also running up to astral bubbles and stealing people's corpses before this happened, and generally being a smack talking troll. What did you think was honestly going to happen when you recklessly jump into a killbox of people who don't like you for various valid IC reasons, not to mention are all in the same Divine Order which your character broke their oaths and left?
    Actually no, I wasn't. As to the manis situation... well, I ascended out of someone trying to jump me, didn't even remember there was a domoth (or where it was) and went through my usual facility pop to go drop off my manis in my manse. *shrug* Whatever, this is hardly the place for this discussion.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Kio said:
    *popcorn*

But I'm a fatbear and hard to climb. Can I just go around myself? :(
    I'd think then it'd be just as hard to go round than over, certainly in Mael's case around is -far- longer than over.

In other news, back to raves kthanxbai?

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I am glad to see this discussion happen over raves. If people weren't enemied, the distort wouldn't have trapped them, FYI.

Also that Harmony domoth. Even if we lost and I hate losing rargh. Plus side, only lost a million.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2013
    Apart from not having any combat skillz whatsoever, it takes me so long to get any essence that I could never, ever consider joining the domoth games.  :|

Rave for the litter of lobo novices in Hallifax in the last few weeks, but antirave for only seeing each of them once. Somebody's messing with me. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Send some of them to Serenwilde! I need moar babies!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shuyin said:
    I am glad to see this discussion happen over raves. If people weren't enemied, the distort wouldn't have trapped them, FYI.

Also that Harmony domoth. Even if we lost and I hate losing rargh. Plus side, only lost a million.
    Stop curing when I'm trying to preserve you!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    So I wondered how much Divine essence I could generate in a 12 month period, without using figurines/aetherdust or influencing Realm mobs.

Logs were reset on the 2nd of Dioni 362, the following is a log taken a year later at Midnight of Dioni 363

-[Player]----------[Offers]----[Deaths]----[Powers]----[Affinity]---------[Net]-
     Morkarion     103,520,802    -173,332  -3,350,000        12,000   100,009,470

I'm pretty satisfied with that. Though I'm silently cursing my OCD tendancies that I had to make 100 mil in net essence.

• Raves for @Calesta, @Zouviqil, and @Zilias for mega fun super comeback LoL game.  <3
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    ...Kio plays LoL?  Tark plays LoL.  We must play some time.
  • Tarkenton said:
    ...Kio plays LoL?  Tark plays LoL.  We must play some time.
    There are many Gloms who play LoL!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Rivius said:
    Send some of them to Serenwilde! I need moar babies!
    Get busy? =)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited September 2013
    Morkarion said:
    So I wondered how much Divine essence I could generate in a 12 month period, without using figurines/aetherdust or influencing Realm mobs.

Logs were reset on the 2nd of Dioni 362, the following is a log taken a year later at Midnight of Dioni 363

-[Player]----------[Offers]----[Deaths]----[Powers]----[Affinity]---------[Net]-

I'm pretty satisfied with that. Though I'm silently cursing my OCD tendancies that I had to make 100 mil in net essence.
    Wait wait, didn't you already do that test? Where you challenged the rest of the Order to out-hunt you and almost won?

EDIT: Oh right, you're VA now. Well, what was it before? How much are VA crits worth?!
    Akyaevin said:
    Morkarion said:

Wait wait, didn't you already do that test? Where you challenged the rest of the Order to out-hunt you and almost won?

EDIT: Oh right, you're VA now. Well, what was it before? How much are VA crits worth?!
    That was 61 million last time, but I was giving up my Icewynd hunts to the Order to give them a bit of a boost as their affliction tank. Also for the most part Astral was drained out across the board when we did that contest.

The crit is nice, having Havoc Cry and Destruction however is the major factor.

This discussion has been closed.