Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shuyin said:
    I am glad to see this discussion happen over raves. If people weren't enemied, the distort wouldn't have trapped them, FYI.

Also that Harmony domoth. Even if we lost and I hate losing rargh. Plus side, only lost a million.
    Well, if you want to go there... I got enemied during a domoth where someone who shall remain unnamed summoned invasion troops, ran off and decided to unenemy everyone. Following that, I had some six+ invasion critters chasing me down and killing those gets one enemied too and never got unenemied after, so eh... whatever.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Possibly becoming active again.

So many things I have unfinished....
  • Xenthos said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Kio said:

Except the part where he killed Eodh in Faethorn. Cause killing low/midbies is cool mkay :D
    An enemy's AFK herbing on Astral and drops 512 sparleberries?  I mail them back, even after the same person stole my corpses in the past. Mags raiding Serenwilde after a Faethorn scuffle when I know there aren't the people to back Seren up?
    Not enemied person takes a wrong turn, ends up in distort with a bunch of Gloms beating their face in, drops manifestations... "Thanks for the donation"? Yeah, sorry, I don't believe you. :P
    When it's a person who is well-known for running up and stealing corpses of people hunting Astral... yeah.  I'm not sure why you'd expect differently there.  While obviously not strictly obeyed, the Golden Rule does subtly cover much of Lusternia's interactions; another person might have had a completely different outcome.

As an example, I don't jump people, so I usually don't get jumped.  I don't lift people's corpses (except one time during a Domoth when I nicked Kelly's, but returned them to her after we had a short chat), and I'm usually left alone in that regard as well.

Sure, there are people who just kind of do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want; but on the whole, Lusternia's playerbase is a bit better than that I like to think.  A lot of the feuds these days are (at least from my observation) more personal (the Morkarion <-> Xena or Kio <-> Kelly ones, for example).

Edit: And that's my rave; that Lusternia's playerbase is not a gung-ho "rargh, everyone over on the other side is terribad and must suffer the entire time they are logged into the game".  I know we've had some times in the past where it felt that way, and I far prefer this.
    I feel like this comparison with Morkarion and I is more one sided. I don't have a feud with him =o So where are you getting your information?
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Kio said:

Except the part where he killed Eodh in Faethorn. Cause killing low/midbies is cool mkay :D
    You know what, no.  I'm not going to sit here and explain the gritty details because, as Morkarion points out to me all the time, I'm too easily trolled.  I guess that's what I get for being a naive little dude.

Apologies and explanations were had OOCly between me and the novice.  In fact, I even had a little OOC chat with Rivius about the situation to get a little advice on how to handle this sort of RP situation afterward, seeing as how all this stuff is still pretty new to me (~85% of Kio's age is dormancy).  So, before you go slandering my name and labelling me the realm's newest, griefiest newbie-slayer, how about you grow up a little bit.  After all, there's lots of griefing happening everywhere (corpse thievery and off-peak hit-and-runs come to mind).  I do my damnedest to go out of my way to make sure I'm not involved with it.  An enemy's AFK herbing on Astral and drops 512 sparleberries?  I mail them back, even after the same person stole my corpses in the past.  Mags raiding Serenwilde after a Faethorn scuffle when I know there aren't the people to back Seren up?  I make sure our side stays out of it.

tl;dr

Accidents happen.  Criminalize me all you want, because you're going to find a way to anyway.

Xena said:
    Xenthos said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Kio said:

An enemy's AFK herbing on Astral and drops 512 sparleberries?  I mail them back, even after the same person stole my corpses in the past. Mags raiding Serenwilde after a Faethorn scuffle when I know there aren't the people to back Seren up?
    Not enemied person takes a wrong turn, ends up in distort with a bunch of Gloms beating their face in, drops manifestations... "Thanks for the donation"? Yeah, sorry, I don't believe you. :P
    When it's a person who is well-known for running up and stealing corpses of people hunting Astral... yeah.  I'm not sure why you'd expect differently there.  While obviously not strictly obeyed, the Golden Rule does subtly cover much of Lusternia's interactions; another person might have had a completely different outcome.

As an example, I don't jump people, so I usually don't get jumped.  I don't lift people's corpses (except one time during a Domoth when I nicked Kelly's, but returned them to her after we had a short chat), and I'm usually left alone in that regard as well.

Sure, there are people who just kind of do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want; but on the whole, Lusternia's playerbase is a bit better than that I like to think.  A lot of the feuds these days are (at least from my observation) more personal (the Morkarion <-> Xena or Kio <-> Kelly ones, for example).

Edit: And that's my rave; that Lusternia's playerbase is not a gung-ho "rargh, everyone over on the other side is terribad and must suffer the entire time they are logged into the game".  I know we've had some times in the past where it felt that way, and I far prefer this.
    I feel like this comparison with Morkarion and I is more one sided. I don't have a feud with him =o So where are you getting your information?
    I feel like when you knowingly go out of your way with Haiden and them to bother him, you definitely have a 'fued.' Maybe that's just me though

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Synkarin: who are you addressing with your comment?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2013
    Will someone have a feud with me? No hippogriffs plz.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Raves for so much awesome LoL I don't even know.
    You can't rave for LoL here! Unless it stands for Lusternia of Lusternia?
    I used to make cakes.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Daraius said:
    You can't rave for LoL here! Unless it stands for Lusternia of Lusternia?
    Even if all the players are Lusternian?
    I'll allow it but I don't have to like it.  [-(

(is this a feud)
    I used to make cakes.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited September 2013
    No but if you move to South Korea, they love dogs so much that you could be in a food!

Ok bad puns aside, raves for @Svorai because despite all her insistence that she does bugger all, I couldn't get half the stuff I want to do, done, without her support and fast responses.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited September 2013
    Oh crud, I did that on my phone so I must have accidentally quoted you too @Kio, I was responding to @Xena

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tacita said:

The Harbs have a bundle of awesome novices/midbies lately and they all deserve raves. :)

You're welcome.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yesterday's accidently one then two person raid of Celestia with @Synkarin
    Today's epic 4 win in a row duels with three people. :>
    Hee!
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Fun night of LoL with my Glommies (in my head, I'm pronouncing that like homies).
    Yay for boring Domoths becoming less boring \o/

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Gaudiguch kitchen set ablaze randomly, people(pyromancers) dying, me learning how to put out ablaze, and general oh the irony at the moment.

I'm no longer grumpy :D
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Penelope started a grease fire? <_<
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • It wasn't her, someone else did it, evidently. She just happened to die to it D:
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited September 2013
    A plush doll of Mother Night lifts a dainty hand to its neckline, glancing about with uncertain disdain.

Tears of joy.

edit:

A plush doll of Mother Night exclaims, "I AM THE NIGHT!"

OGODOGODOGOD. Where is Celinaface?!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    @Kio and @Tarkenton. You guys make logging in worth it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    After a really bad streak of losing at other games tonight,logging in was just whati needed to destress a bit. Thanks @zouviqil and @kio
  • Raves for Glomdoring.  All the raves.
  • The more I interact with Glomdoring the more I regret getting myself enemied as a novice for accidentally bashing Paavik thinking it was the same as the moors :P
    Reyl said:
    The more I interact with Glomdoring the more I regret getting myself enemied as a novice for accidentally bashing Paavik thinking it was the same as the moors :P
    This is how I got my first PK death, I confused the Grey Moors for Shanthmark.

• Reyl said:
    The more I interact with Glomdoring the more I regret getting myself enemied as a novice for accidentally bashing Paavik thinking it was the same as the moors :P

If that's all you did, it will be pretty easy to get unenemied.
  • I'm just waiting to see Ambassador Daem so I can do it properly :p
  • I'd be happy to do it, just send me a message in character and I'll even seek you out (Though thanks if you already have I can't check for another hour)
This discussion has been closed.