Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I want to register my joy at them being kittens and puppies. I don't even care about the powers, but I feel obliged to try to trade for a full set.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Luce said:
    The rest of us:

I was like "What to trade in to get one of these.....aaaand they are gone."
  • Tirah said:
    Luce said:
    The rest of us:

I was like "What to trade in to get one of these.....aaaand they are gone."
    For me it was, maybe I'll throw some money at luster... oh, they're sold out... guess not
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    There may have been a teensy tiny error of judgment made in the pricing of these crates.  :#
  • Lavinya said:
    Jesus Christ is there another new promo that will be nerfed/sold out before most of the playerbase can even get to them? I'm not in game, what even is it?
    100cr for 25 wheel spins.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • 25 coins for 100cr.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    "3-5 business days." Damn you Paypal.

IT'S MY CREDITS AND I NEED THEM NOW!
  • Lavinya said:
    Jesus Christ is there another new promo that will be nerfed/sold out before most of the playerbase can even get to them? I'm not in game, what even is it?
    I mean, I spent 700cr and ended up with 1100cr when I was done. Not counting dingbats, curios, favours, presents, etc. So, like, get on. Fast.
  • edited March 2017
    Sabnoc said:
    Lavinya said:
    I mean, I spent 700cr and ended up with 1100cr when I was done. Not counting dingbats, curios, favours, presents, etc. So, like, get on. Fast.
    Because it's limited by stock people who aren't there the moment that Jeremiah gets more crates are pretty much guaranteed to miss out. Which might mean no more for at least half a day, maybe longer, according to some.

And by the time it does restock, there will probably be an increase in price or a reduction in the number of coins that will make it not as good for those who weren't here for the like 5-10 minutes crates have been available.
  • Danquik said:
    @Estarra Why do you make promos that you just have to nerf the next day?

Two things could have been done to make this promo not so abusive/free money.

1. Limit crate purchases per person per weave.
    2. Crates can only be bought with unbound credits to stop the "spin 200 coins, trade in goop/crappy artifacts/buy more crates, rinse repeat"

This is at least the second time in 6 months that a promo was "too good to be true and just a license to print free money"

Carry on.
    Please not 2, using bound credits makes this one of the few promos that elite members can get a benefit from.
  • edited March 2017
    Saran said:
    Please not 2, using bound credits makes this one of the few promos that elite members can get a benefit from.
    It also makes it so 2-300cr can potentially be recycled infinitely until desired rewards are reached.

A better thing would've been to make it so you can't purchase more than one crate per RL day or something. Or just... You know... Better thinking the values through, and not making it 100cr per 25...
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Reylari said:
    Saran said:
    It also makes it so 2-300cr can potentially be recycled infinitely until desired rewards are reached.

A better thing would've been to make it so you can't purchase more than one crate per RL day or something. Or just... You know... Better thinking the values through, and not making it 100cr per 25...
    You can do a daily limitation, you could make it so that each additional crate costs more within a certain period, you could reduce the number of coins in a crate, you can implement Imperian's pools where coins bought with credits have their own pool to limit how much conversion can happen.

Making it unbound only seems like a blunt resolution.
  • Elite members can benefit from it regardless of bound or unbound credits. I have never been excluded from a promo because I was an elite member.
  • Danquik said:
    Elite members can benefit from it regardless of bound or unbound credits. I have never been excluded from a promo because I was an elite member.
    I think what they are saying is that if you are an elite member, your stockpiled credits are bound. Changing things to require unbound means you can't use those.
  • 10 minutes on Envoys would have saved a lot of trouble. I mean hey if IRE is happy to just give out thousands of credits for free they could just do that. Feel free to send me a cubix and tam. I can trade in an artie to pay you 100 credits for it.
  • edited March 2017
    Breandryn said:
    Danquik said:
    Elite members can benefit from it regardless of bound or unbound credits. I have never been excluded from a promo because I was an elite member.
    I think what they are saying is that if you are an elite member, your stockpiled credits are bound. Changing things to require unbound means you can't use those.
      Which is exactly what you shouldn't be able to do.

Being able to turn free credits into 3-4* free credits is a terrible business decision. Being able to turn free credits into more free credits period is a terrible business decision.
  • Why not? We're paying each month for those credits. We should be able to use them. They aren't the same source as traded-in prizes.
  • You can use them. Nobody stops you from using them at all. Also you are not paying for 150 credits 20 dingbats 25% xp bonus and 10% extra credits on sales. You are paying for a very tiny portion of that whole and getting the rest free.
  • It seems a weird exception to exclude. If the concern is trade-ins letting people indefinitely continue to make credits, just put the tradein credits into a 3rd pool.

I don't know what you mean by the rest free part. I buy elite because of its cumulative effects. If the xp part or the credit part were removed, for example, I probably wouldn't think it worth getting.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Considering how much I spent last month, and would spend this month, I would very much like it to be a daily cap. Please don't punish those of us who can't drop as much as others at the drop of a hat to purchase these, and I'd like to get some of the same benefit offered to others.

It's easy to fix a bad situation without punishing those who never took advantage of it.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • 100 credits is too low and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go up to around 250 credits, or come with a lot fewer coins.

Basically, don't hold your breath.
  • Danquik said:
    Breandryn said:
    Danquik said:
      Which is exactly what you shouldn't be able to do.

Being able to turn free credits into 3-4* free credits is a terrible business decision. Being able to turn free credits into more free credits period is a terrible business decision.
    They aren't free, they are paid for with a specific deal which is better than once off purchases because a subscription base gives the game a minimum amount of money that it is likely to make every month before promotions.

You will also note that in my first post on it I did not ask for no limitations just not that one specific limitation and suggested some in my second.

I do not think that the wheel should be generating credits for people, especially to the point that people are seeing profits in the hundreds, but at the same time people with membership credits should be able to spend them on ig credit promos. 

Realistically, once the promo is balanced out it would just be a nice thing that could also drain some membership credit pools if it's good enough but not too good.
  • edited March 2017
    People are seeing profits in the thousands and yes elite is mostly free shit. You are not paying the value of 150 credits and 20 dingbats, which means you are getting free shit. Turning free into thousands more free is wrong.

Also elite is what is called in the business world as a loss leader. Meaning it doesnt make you money, because it is giving shit away in order to encourage you to buy things that do make them money.
This discussion has been closed.