Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Please consult Bellisario's Maxim
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Wait, I didn't read the news post all the way through--are only a limited number of crates available per day, meaning players are trampling over each other to get there first before they run out?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Wait, I didn't read the news post all the way through--are only a limited number of crates available per day, meaning players are trampling over each other to get there first before they run out?

Per game month. They restock on the 1st of the game month and sell out in <= 3 minutes.
  • Going to pass on this promo, I am not lucky enough to beat people to it. Good luck to the folks that luck out.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Danquik said:
    Everiine said:

Per game month. They restock on the 1st of the game month and sell out in <= 3 minutes.
    Wow. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to step back and let someone else design the next few promos. The downward slide continues.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Jeremiah Gryphta, Purveyor of Curiosities and Reliquaries shouts, "You all bought out my crates so 
    I'm running low on inventory. Prices went up per ole supply and demand!"
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Selenity said:
    Jeremiah Gryphta, Purveyor of Curiosities and Reliquaries shouts, "You all bought out my crates so 
    I'm running low on inventory. Prices went up per ole supply and demand!"
    Of course they did. For those of us who can't log in right now, how much did they go up?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• They doubled.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• On the bright side: More money saved, due to not being a worthwhile promotion to buy for.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • People complain about it being too profitable, people complain about it not being profitable enough.

Should have not looked the gift horse in the mouth.

Of course the way it was handled kinda sucked, but ill feelings help noone. 
    They were basically handing out free credits. And people still found something to complain about.
    Tirah said:
    People complain about it being too profitable, people complain about it not being profitable enough.

They were basically handing out free credits. And people still found something to complain about.
    I'm pretty sure most of the complaints were not coming from those receiving the "free credits" and were lucky enough with timezones/obligations what-have-you to not miss out. Not much of a gift horse if all the horses are hoarded by the fortunate few. Just saying.

Before an earthly flight

• Ideally they would undo the changes and put everyone back at an even footing but it's been too many hours for that to be a feasible task I imagine.

It feels unfair that several players are now rolling in credits - personally I think IRE is too nice. Its clear that this promo was badly balanced. You don't simply get to keep all the money you find if an ATM suddenly spits out 20s as nice as that would be. Its clear something wasn't right here and most everyone participating knew it. You don't trade in artifacts by the dozen for a normal promo. Why should people who knowingly exploited a mistake be rewarded for that?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'm guessing you are new.

The reaction wasn't as bad because the promo exists, it's because it's closer to the 100th time a promotion has been handled poorly than it would to being the first time.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Tirah said:
    People complain about it being too profitable, people complain about it not being profitable enough.

This is not the first time, and it was fairly recently when it last happened. Yes,  people are unhappy, but it's definitely not the people who lucked into the crates who are complaining. 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    What free credits? Only the lucky few were even able to get their hands on the crates. I'm complaining about the free credits being hoarded by the greedy few, which was enabled by the system. And the fix was to make it so no one wants to buy them at all.

I'm not super, super mad about missing out on this, since IRE is not obligated to offer these deals at all for us, but this is an ugly pattern, and promos really shouldn't be making people (i.e. customers) this angry. 

Before an earthly flight

• Meet the new promo, same as the old promo. Eesh.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, you can't make people/everyone happy now. Because it already happened and there isn't any way to fix it. The way you make people happy in this kind of situation is to avoid the situation before it happens. 

It's a little mystifying, it's not like the need for monthly promos is a secret. I have the priveledge of telling everyone today that there will be 9 more monthly promos this year! I suspect that Lusternia isn't told what the basic form of the promo will be (lottery, credit/artifact sale, Wheel chance sale, collectible item sale, etc) until a few days before the new month, which is just bizarre practice. 
  • I am just glad there was a promo that did not require you to actually put RL money into the game, cause those are all right out for me. Which was enough for me to stay up till 5am and wait for restock, even if I only had the 300 credits from my mask of esteemed beauty that I traded in.
  • Silvanus said:
    I'm guessing you are new.

The reaction wasn't as bad because the promo exists, it's because it's closer to the 100th time a promotion has been handled poorly than it would to being the first time.
    Then people should know even more not to abuse it. If there was any actual threat coming from abusing it. It seems exploiting loopholes only gets you better off. I don't really care about the credits but the side of me who used to work in online support for triple a titles hunting down and punishing bug exploiters is grumpy. This was abuse of a bad design - design mistakes happen and everything can't be policed...which is why most games will rollback big changes that opened the door to exploits and at the least remove the benefit from those who benefited, if not also warning or punishing them. What is their excuse? They can't do math and accidentally bought dozens of crates within seconds just for fun? People knew what they were doing and their entire goal was to milk the system for as much as they could. This was intentional exploit abuse.
  • 200 credits per crate is still too low. Trust me.
  • Capitalism, eh?
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Of course someone complaining about the complainers benefited from the crates. >_>

• Rancoura said:
    Tirah said:
    I am just glad there was a promo that did not require you to actually put RL money into the game, cause those are all right out for me. Which was enough for me to stay up till 5am and wait for restock, even if I only had the 300 credits from my mask of esteemed beauty that I traded in.
    That... isn't an option for all of us.
    Same as "Get x for every y credits you buy" promotions are not an option for everyone.
  • Lavinya said:
    Of course someone complaining about the complainers benefited from the crates. >_>
    I am not one of those that bought them by the dozen though.
This discussion has been closed.