Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Tirah said:
    Rancoura said:
    Tirah said:
    I am just glad there was a promo that did not require you to actually put RL money into the game, cause those are all right out for me. Which was enough for me to stay up till 5am and wait for restock, even if I only had the 300 credits from my mask of esteemed beauty that I traded in.
    That... isn't an option for all of us.
    Same as "Get x for every y credits you buy" promotions are not an option for everyone.
    Right, but that's a bit of a different beast. For one, as far as I know, there aren't stock limits for those kind of promotions.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Breandryn said:
    Silvanus said:
    I'm guessing you are new.

The reaction wasn't as bad because the promo exists, it's because it's closer to the 100th time a promotion has been handled poorly than it would to being the first time.
    Then people should know even more not to abuse it.-
    Why? It's the admin screwing up and not thinking their own promotion through. It wasn't people abusing some bug that let them get fat profits.

-which is why most games will rollback big changes that opened the door to exploits and at the least remove the benefit from those who benefited
    While a 'fair' statement, it wasn't abuse of a bug. Therefore punishment shouldn't happen. And this is coming from someone who didn't even touch the crates. Rolling it all back is just going to piss more people off, than solve any actual problem.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, I'm not so sure that there is punishable blame that can be laid on people who purchased items that were priced too low, especially with the history of things being priced stupidly low in the past - it's not like someone dropped a zero somewhere and it was a true accident: the crates were priced what they were on purpose. Those people might be assholes for hoarding the crates (I actually have no idea who is/was camping Jeremiah, so whatever), but it's not their fault that they had funds on hand and things were priced badly. If it was a clear mistake in the style of a typo allowing some unintended behavior or complicated loophole that would be one thing. Barring that... 
  • I have to say, as much as I am for promotions that can be done ingame or with ingame earned currency, from a business perspective the promotion makes no sense, which is why I earlier noted it to be a gift horse. They are potentially giving people stuff they would otherwise buy with credits which they might get via RL money.
  • @Tirah the issue isn't buying them with credits/dingbats/whatever, it's that they're generating more and when you have a large number of spins you get more chances to roll enough stuff that it pays for the crates you bought and more.

Fixing the payouts/number of coins seems like the next step, particularly given it seems to be still selling out at 200 per crate. Maybe make the shop restock at 0 and 12 gmt to try to spread out availability so those missing out can get a chance.

Oh and like... add in wheels in the gambling spots in each org >_> this line has hours of spins to go apparently.
  • Yarith said:
    I feel like incremental prices and/or a hard cap on purchase per month should be the rule when it comes to bound credit offered promotions for both the reasons.
    Shaddus said:
    What really would have fixed this was making the crate prices increase for yourself when you buy a crate. First is 100, next is 110, and so on. That way, Person F who has an extra Seal to trade in can buy some crates but with an increasing cost, but person T who traded in some random artifacts they pulled last month from Wheel spins can also get a crate at 100 and try their luck.
    The best suggestions I have seen on how this should have been handled
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I heard someone saying that one of the other games lets everyone and her brother spin at the same time, one coin at a time. Miiiight be a good idea to look into that.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Why is it abuse if a player can buy a crate and turn it around for a profit, but not abuse if a player buys a crate and it ends up being a loss?

-chin-
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • inb4turbonerf
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Shaddus said:
    Why is it abuse if a player can buy a crate and turn it around for a profit, but not abuse if a player buys a crate and it ends up being a loss?

-chin-
    The issue is not that it's abuse, because it's not. It's because it's a promotion that should never have been priced how it was originally and it's a recurring problem with an easy peasy fix. 
  • lol 200 credits per crate. So you make 2 - 3* as much off a crate instead of 4 - 5* as much. Still a tremendous deal.
  • Enyalida said:

It's a little mystifying, it's not like the need for monthly promos is a secret. I have the priveledge of telling everyone today that there will be 9 more monthly promos this year! I suspect that Lusternia isn't told what the basic form of the promo will be (lottery, credit/artifact sale, Wheel chance sale, collectible item sale, etc) until a few days before the new month, which is just bizarre practice. 
    Checking around real quick on the other IREs, and Lusternia's the only one who consistently messes up the promos, even when they're all following the same format (wheel, collectible, etc.). So I'd hazard a guess that it's not a widespread IRE problem, but one localized here in Lusternia. 
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    'This promotion is terrible they should fix it'
    -Buys a bajillion crates, makes massive profit-
    'why are you all complaining god you people are so entitled'
    -still in line spinning hundreds of coins-
    'they should totally nerf this but hey it's not my fault I traded in all my arties and bought out the crates before they nerfed it which I knew they would suck it up princesses'
    -still spinning spinning spinning-
    (The above may be slightly inaccurate and deliberately tongue in cheek)

Meanwhile there are people who bought 100 credits from the website specifically for one crate, and not only was there no stock, the price is now doubled and they would have to buy more to participate, while Joe rich is trading in their goop from their previous bajillion crates to buy more.

Is it really so inconceivable why people are upset? Am I really just being an entitled whiner for being disappointed and frustrated at how this has played out and expressing it out loud?

• and now the price went up.
  • I am disappointed. This is the second day I have not been able to buy crates. This time I was in game, but the drop happened at an unusual time, so the people who camped in front of Jeremiah bought him out again, while the people who tried to play the game while waiting get nothing. 
    I would really like to see a total hard cap for the month put in and a daily limit per person for the rest of the month. 
    Something else to consider is that the price going up is -not- supply and demand. There is no limit to how many crates there can be, they have no real cost in the system. The price is quite literally based on how much Someone thinks they can get for the crates. 

How often have you seen prices on something in Lusternia go down because people weren't buying them? Rarely.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Lavinya said:
    'This promotion is terrible they should fix it'
    -Buys a bajillion crates, makes massive profit-
    'why are you all complaining god you people are so entitled'
    -still in line spinning hundreds of coins-
    'they should totally nerf this but hey it's not my fault I traded in all my arties and bought out the crates before they nerfed it which I knew they would suck it up princesses'
    -still spinning spinning spinning-
    (The above may be slightly inaccurate and deliberately tongue in cheek)

Meanwhile there are people who bought 100 credits from the website specifically for one crate, and not only was there no stock, the price is now doubled and they would have to buy more to participate, while Joe rich is trading in their goop from their previous bajillion crates to buy more.

Is it really so inconceivable why people are upset? Am I really just being an entitled whiner for being disappointed and frustrated at how this has played out and expressing it out loud?
    Essentially you can take the holier-than-thou stance and let your enemies and other "shameless" people profit, or you can buy them yourself to serve your own needs.

• I shall voice concern as a daily-poteen user and rarely a harvester of Czigany Coins.

It wouldn't be blatant to expect godmins are getting raw data of gift-value/spin at the moment and the readjustment of those ratios might seem like a reasonable approach. But it'd also devalue the already present coin harvesting methods.

Along with the ideas suggested in this thread, I think setting a lower tradein value for discs might be more useful? 
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Lavinya's semi tongue in cheek comment is not without some accuracy. The crate purchases should have been given a daily cap and an ultimate promo cap.

They should also have been only purchasable off the website for RL money.

But hey, not like it's my game reputation on the line.
    Lower disc trade in value would definitely help.
  • edited March 2017
    Well, I personally would have had the disc trade in at 50, that way it would emulate the bonus spins they replaced at  1:1 instead of being 16 greater.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Maligorn said:
    Essentially you can take the holier-than-thou stance and let your enemies and other "shameless" people profit, or you can buy them yourself to serve your own needs.

Yeah that's pretty much how I see it.
  • Back a few posts now, but there is a point where it could be considered abuse.

An in-game system, promotion or not, is not functioning as intended (I'd hope). No one is actually forcing people into cycling their credits through it for major profit.

It's entirely the choice of the individual to pursue hours of spins to make enough money to spin for hours more with the potential of rebuying all of the artifacts they sold and more.

--

@Anaklusmos, I think Imperian's wheel was bugged last month and it resulted in the same thing? Some players were shrubbed for it and were only unshrubbed when logs were checked and it was confirmed that they weren't doing something they knew was too good.

Also, I think @Malarious's post is... problematic, we expect that there's not going to be any reprisal for "utilising" the hell out of a promo like this, so we'd better go for it hard and fast before the admin nerf it.
    Saran said:

--

@Anaklusmos, I think Imperian's wheel was bugged last month and it resulted in the same thing? Some players were shrubbed for it and were only unshrubbed when logs were checked and it was confirmed that they weren't doing something they knew was too good.

--------
    See, that's what I have a problem with. Players shouldn't have to "self police". If it's a bug, sure. I get that. But if the admin just didn't test it thoroughly and realise how much turnaround the Wheel could reliably give, that's not the players' faults.
  • If the players weren't already "self policing" then they probably wouldn't have had any idea how broken the 100 credit price was yet. 
This discussion has been closed.