Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I know it's still a very generous promotion, and I do want to give kudos to whoever came up with the idea of kittens (and puppies I guess), but this seems pretty frustrating.

I know making a purchase in real money comes with a disclaimer that the in-game value of that purchase can change, but it's not really very probable it would change the very next day, to double what was very clearly and explicitly advertised.

I'm not that big a spender, admittedly, but it's still a bit disappointing to get half of what you paid for. (Well, a bit more than half... The other bonuses are still wonderful!)

On another note though, if the promotion does encourage lots of website sales because it continues to be too lucrative, a nice way of gaining back some credit could be to donate a small percentage to an animal charity. Plus it fits the theme!
  • edited March 2017
    Bug abuse and exploiting clearly unintentional design are not the same thing. I'm not saying this is a bug, I'm saying this is a design mistake and most games I've played, especially other IREs, make it very clear "if something is too good to be true, it probably is and is a mistake that should be bugged so we are aware of it, not repeatedly used."

It might just be different OOC approaches to such things. If I saw a TV on sale for $5, I would talk to the manager about what appears to be a mistake, not try to buy 50 for resale on ebay.
  • Breandryn said:
    Bug abuse and exploiting clearly unintentional design are not the same thing. I'm not saying this is a bug, I'm saying this is a design mistake and most games I've played, especially other IREs, make it very clear "if something is too good to be true, it probably is and is a mistake that should be bugged so we are aware of it, not repeatedly used."

It might just be different OOC approaches to such things. If I saw a TV on sale for $5, I would talk to the manager about what appears to be a mistake, not try to buy 50 for resale on ebay.
    You are a better person than a lot of people.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The crates sold out in under 20seconds. Some of us would just love to freaking buy one. Nope. Not allowed. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ask the admin to sell them on the site?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2017
    $10 for 25 spins would sell like hotcakes, pre sure.
    Either that or they should have been the 100 cr milestones with a bonus at 1k.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Shaddus, yes, we shouldn't have to, but there's also the "too good to be true" thing that @Breandryn mentioned. And the admin have the right, afaik, to go back and fix things or punish people if they feel something was abused.
    It's up to them at the end of the day, but again, the admin offered a bad deal (For them), but they didn't make any of the players cycle artifacts for credits.

The tv analogy fails when you consider that you physically have someone there from the store who can say "Hey... this is priced wrong", they might not, but in electronic sales your only option is to do things after the sale. 
    Also, it's more like you won a free tv worth $500 that you returned for store credit, and then used to buy 100 $5 Tv's to sell, then you took the profits to keep buying more tv's to sell.
  • Falaeron said:
    200 credits per crate is still too low. Trust me.
    ^^^^^
  • edited March 2017
    Breandryn said:

Pppppeeeeettttttyyyyyyyy

Equating this to real currency, rather than company specific currency that that can be traded for more company specific currency, the value of which is at the discretion of the company, is grade A Texas horse manure. The company, in this situation, has full control over the value of every thing going on in this transaction. No one is making any sort of non internal company related profit. 

Stop it. File a complaint. Move on.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • edited March 2017
    um....set a hard limit per person per rl day. people who bought credits recently get priority?

(now stop squabbling, it is tiresome)
  • New topic. 

Wakabis. Still the cutest birb or dethroned by swans?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I just...really like chocobos.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Pretty sure I've heard of a bright pink swan with skeleton wings that's a match for any chocobo

The tv analogy fails when you consider that you physically have someone there from the store who can say "Hey... this is priced wrong", they might not, but in electronic sales your only option is to do things after the sale. 
    Also, it's more like you won a free tv worth $500 that you returned for store credit, and then used to buy 100 $5 Tv's to sell, then you took the profits to keep buying more tv's to sell.
    Aside from the fact that there's almost no real way to keep track of where the initial 500$ came from, I see no problem with this. You assume that the "500$" was free. If I had bought a 500$ gift card, traded it for a 500$ tv, then returned it and bought 100 x 5$ tvs, is it still an issue?

The company is willing to sell me a 5$ tv, and I can sell that t.v. for 15$. Period.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tirah said:
    New topic. 

Wakabis. Still the cutest birb or dethroned by swans?
    Everyone knows the crow is still the cutest. Crow! Mighty Crow! Glorious Crow!
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Lavinya said:
    The crates sold out in under 20seconds. Some of us would just love to freaking buy one. Nope. Not allowed. 
    That's the part that makes the least sense to me. Why bother having a promotion to try and get people to buy credits to participate in, and then only have it open to a select few? That's asinine from all perspectives, and hugely frustrating for the people who bought credits to try and get a crate only to not be able to buy one. It's a huge Screw You to paying customers.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Shaddus said:

Aside from the fact that there's almost no real way to keep track of where the initial 500$ came from, I see no problem with this. You assume that the "500$" was free. If I had bought a 500$ gift card, traded it for a 500$ tv, then returned it and bought 100 x 5$ tvs, is it still an issue?

The company is willing to sell me a 5$ tv, and I can sell that t.v. for 15$. Period.
    Ultimately, it's a mistake by the admin that's resulting in an unintentional level of credits entering the game for free. If it was a code mistake(say the wheel giving unlimited "good" spins, which for some people it seems that's basically what's happened) people would potentially already be shrubbed. 
  • Everiine said:
    Lavinya said:
    That's the part that makes the least sense to me. Why bother having a promotion to try and get people to buy credits to participate in, and then only have it open to a select few? That's asinine from all perspectives, and hugely frustrating for the people who bought credits to try and get a crate only to not be able to buy one. It's a huge Screw You to paying customers.
    It was probably expected that they wouldn't be selling 1000 a day so that number would be enough that anyone could just walk up and grab some. 
    Except that they only had 100 up for sale. If anything, be pissed that they only put that many up for sale.
  • Ah even more fun, not sure where I got 1k from.

But I can see if being considered reasonable if you're expecting numbers like last months sales and not some people buying 10+ at a time.
  • edited March 2017
    Idk why they chose to up the price rather than decrease the amount you get per crate. It's still an average of 8cr per spin when the wheel on average pays out substantially more.

Same people who bought these ones out are gonna be able to buy most of the next ones as well because of the return rate. Make them restock less predictably or more frequently. 

Also cap them.

Alternatively: ig command to buy from anywhere rather than have an npc sell them, then make it so multiple people can spin the wheel at once.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Ok! I wasn't going to join the forum wars- As someone who blew 400 credits on 2 crates and I'm feeling a little (A lot) peeved over it, because I only meant to spend 200- It's not the players fault!! 

We were/I would take advantage at that price, too. It's why I was there.

Please don't blame the players.
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • I'd really wish you'd make threads for topics that go on for more than two pages, instead of highjacking tweets.
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • Rolan said:
    I thought missing out on the coin crates when they were 100 credits because I wasn't online when they went on sale was demoralising. Nope.

Demoralising is watching someone, not naming names, but we all know who, open FIFTY crates of coins. 10,000 credits worth of coins. That's insane. The rich are just going to keep getting richer, meanwhile poor schmucks like me who 200 credits is a pretty good portion of my money just get to watch other players have all the fun.
    I mean considering they'll be spending nearly two hours constantly spinning it's probably not hard to find out if you don't.

But seriously, that's nearly 3k usd (probably past it if they're not spending every last credit on crates). 

Kendra said:
    Ok! I wasn't going to join the forum wars- As someone who blew 400 credits on 2 crates and I'm feeling a little (A lot) peeved over it, because I only meant to spend 200- It's not the players fault!! 

We were/I would take advantage at that price, too. It's why I was there.

Please don't blame the players.
    Like, it's not all of the players, especially if you're only getting one or two crates, you might not get enough with one, and you might just decide to keep the artifacts you roll so it doesn't generate credits.

But fifty crates of spins, when there's only 100 to 200 available a day is pretty huge, especially when it will enable you to then buy more. Like... do we eventually get to the point where all 100 crates are bought immediately by one individual the moment they're released?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Crate drama aside, couple of questions on the pupper bodyguard power @Ianir

1. Does it function as beast bodyguard, or as I'm reading the news post, an hour long mob damage blocker?

2. If the latter for 1, can you stack multiple pup sets for an elonged effect or is it 1pm regardless of sets completed?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

This discussion has been closed.