Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yep. It's good to great in basically every aspect of combat.
  • AND CATACOMBS

• That events post was pretty vague....and may be one of the most anti-climatic event posts I have read in years. (Though I suppose it did come from Hallifax...)
  • Arcanis said:
    That events post was pretty vague....and may be one of the most anti-climatic event posts I have read in years. (Though I suppose it did come from Hallifax...)
    That was the point! We caught it early, so things DIDN'T blow up for once! You're just jealous because Hallifax thought of it first.  [-(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm kind of disappointed at my own emoting in that event, but it works. I wish we knew what could have happened if we had failed to act. (Nudge nudge @Jadice @Zvoltz @Whoever)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I absolutely hate the Dramube quest. Forget the tedious digging, the sandspeeder never works for me. I've worked out that it resets to north each time (which is something that made me fail many times, as it's totally not mentioned), I'm 100% sure my basic math skills are correct, I finally have the luck to get enough correct tokens from the machine.... and Cayen just doesn't respond when we reach the second oasis. Cool. Add that to the many hours I've wasted trying this quest. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I recommend bringing a buddy to help you dig. Otherwise, yeah, it's the worst of the aetherquests by far.
  • Tekora said:
    Arcanis said:
    That events post was pretty vague....and may be one of the most anti-climatic event posts I have read in years. (Though I suppose it did come from Hallifax...)
    That was the point! We caught it early, so things DIDN'T blow up for once! You're just jealous because Hallifax thought of it first.  [-(

But things blowing up is a tradition now. We expect it to happen. Dont break tradition!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Bought a silver shovel just for Dramube when I was grinding out the aether epic. Also, did they ever fix that one specific formula that was basically impossible to actually solve?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2015
    I want to believe there's more to come vis-a-vis the dream catcher.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shuyin said:
    Bought a silver shovel just for Dramube when I was grinding out the aether epic. Also, did they ever fix that one specific formula that was basically impossible to actually solve?
    I bought the shovel for the same reason.

And if you get the 3-4-5 puzzle, just crash the ship and wait for a reset.  As Sojiro says, it is impossible to complete.

1) You MUST end up on the final island.
    2) You CANNOT turn one way, turn back the other way, and then move.  However it does the calculation to determine your direction, it doesn't let you put in two different kinds of turns to end up somewhere in the middle (which is what makes the above 3-4-5 unsolvable).  You also cannot land on your spot and just spin in circles, either.

It's very finicky.  Things that you would think should work, don't.  You have to hew strictly to the guidelines and not try to "work around" the problem (though you can do a bunch of turns in the "longer" turn direction rather than the shorter one, to use up move tokens, if you need to).
  • Daraius said:
    Well, remember when Hoaracle returned?
    He was being bothered by something before Manteekan forced him to awaken.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

PS: This year's baddy involves dreams, there've been a ton of dream events all year long.  And it's almost year-end, so time for the big reveal... and a weakened Seal.
  • Xenthos said:
    Shuyin said:

And if you get the 3-4-5 puzzle, just crash the ship and wait for a reset.  As Sojiro says, it is impossible to complete.

2) You CANNOT turn one way, turn back the other way, and then move.  However it does the calculation to determine your direction, it doesn't let you put in two different kinds of turns to end up somewhere in the middle (which is what makes the above 3-4-5 unsolvable).  You also cannot land on your spot and just spin in circles, either.

It's very finicky.  Things that you would think should work, don't.  You have to hew strictly to the guidelines and not try to "work around" the problem (though you can do a bunch of turns in the "longer" turn direction rather than the shorter one, to use up move tokens, if you need to).
    Although I just briefly looked at the quest last night, how is 3-4-5 unsolvable exactly?

Could you do 1,1,1,turn port, turn port | 1,1,1,1,turn port | turn port, turn port , 1, 1 , 3?

Or am I misunderstanding how the turning works or the puzzle in general?
    edited December 2015
    Ayisdra said:
    Xenthos said:
    Shuyin said:

Although I just briefly looked at the quest last night, how is 3-4-5 unsolvable exactly?

Could you do 1,1,1,turn port, turn port | 1,1,1,1,turn port | turn port, turn port , 1, 1 , 3?

Oh, right, I forgot another.  You have to do it in one move.  You can't split it into multiple moves.  But even so, your "1 1 1 turn port turn port" fails, because it ends with 2 turns.  That is expressly forbidden in my original list of instructions. :)
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think doing those turns at the end of the first move will have you facing the wrong way at the oasis and make you fail.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Xenthos said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Xenthos said:
    Shuyin said:

Oh, right, I forgot another.  You have to do it in one move.  You can't split it into multiple moves.  But even so, your "1 1 1 turn port turn port" fails, because it ends with 2 turns.  That is expressly forbidden in my original list of instructions. :)
    the turning in my first move was setting up for moving to the second (starting north, moving, turning twice and end facing west. The second move being move, turning to face southwest and the third move being turning to face southeast and moving to the island)

It would be nice if all these extra rules were noted somewhere...
    Ayisdra said:
    Xenthos said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Xenthos said:
    Shuyin said:

the turning in my first move was setting up for moving to the second (starting north, moving, turning twice and end facing west. The second move being move, turning to face southwest and the third move being turning to face southeast and moving to the island)

The reason they are not noted anywhere is because they are not SUPPOSED to be rules; it was coded with a bare-basic set of requirements, but we players try to "finagle" the system by doing things such as you did (trying to prep up for the next move).  It doesn't work that way though.  It doesn't have room for trying to think outside the box, it's a program and you've got to stay within the defined limits.
  • Xenthos said:
    Ayisdra said:

The reason they are not noted anywhere is because they are not SUPPOSED to be rules; it was coded with a bare-basic set of requirements, but we players try to "finagle" the system by doing things such as you did (trying to prep up for the next move).  It doesn't work that way though.  It doesn't have room for trying to think outside the box, it's a program and you've got to stay within the defined limits.

I guess I'm trying to use to much logic in thinking that I should be allowed setup my next move if I'm required to use 5 tokens at a time.
    edited December 2015
    Wait, you can't take multiple phases to get there either? That explains why previous attempts flopped. I've also failed because I didn't realize I had to do them in a particular order, because in all of my GREET CAYEN's he never said which way we had to go first, until after I greeted him confused at why we failed - then he said it right away. 
  • If all your turns are first, you can absolutely use the machine twice to do 2 cycles to get there (not ideal and be sure you have enough left to do the other 2 segments).

Greet spamming him says which isle to go to first.
  • edited December 2015
    Tylwyth said:
    Daraius said:
    Well, remember when Hoaracle returned?
    He was being bothered by something before Manteekan forced him to awaken.....

Actually a lot of people were being bothered by something. If you go around and ask, you will see. Can try Ladantine, though that bastard can be a nuisance to converse with.

Edit: Also I have pondered over all these events before, and im hoping I have figured out what the 'next baddy' is. Me and Marc got it right last Ascension, so hoping for a two for two. Wont ruin it for anyone though.
  • The Dramube quest, based on my (recent) personal experience, was indeed a hassle. But generally the token gathering part was the hardest section, once I have understood the main mechanics on how to use the box. Here are some friendly tips:

Ideally you need three sets of tokens to make the entire trip. But more often than not, you need 4 sets!

1) To location A
    2) turn to location B and move a little
    3) finish reaching location B
    4) turn and reach location C

With this in mind, it made planning/budgeting the given tokens easier.

You will also always, almost lack 1 "turn" token, and need to sacrifice extra tokens to get this. It almost always turns up.

If you need help, I am always more than happy to help any of you out, just send me a whisper!

(Also, I'm a bit relieved to learn that I was not the only one who bought the silver shovel for this task)

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I sometimes suspect that Dramube was designed specifically to make people buy the shovel. Is there anyone here who is willing to admit that they bought it for something other than Dramube?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I bought it for Kiakoda. I got more vernal curio pieces from Kiakoda than from the Catacombs.

I've really wanted to finish that quest but I seriously think Norgur might be broken or something.
    edited December 2015
    I bought it for Dramube, but (ab)used it tremendously on Kiakoda (for the same reason as Lerad).  I also used it to track down some serious bugs with the fox/rabbit calculation with Iosai (back when Vernal curios first came out), who slaughtered it mercilessly so now that quest is actually much more doable.  Yay bug fixes for quests.

Edit: As I recall, it could not be successfully solved with 1 fox and 5 rabbits (so if fewer than 10 rabbits spawned, you had to intentionally fail the quest to reset it and try again, since breeding them also did not work).  Something like that.
    Xenthos said:

Edit: As I recall, it could not be successfully solved with 1 fox and 5 rabbits (so if fewer than 10 rabbits spawned, you had to intentionally fail the quest to reset it and try again, since breeding them also did not work).  Something like that.
    I see...Never knew that. I'm not sure if that's the problem I was running into. Maybe I'll try it again then at some point and see how it goes.
    edited December 2015
    Rivius said:
    Xenthos said:

I see...Never knew that. I'm not sure if that's the problem I was running into. Maybe I'll try it again then at some point and see how it goes.
    Go for it, Norgur should be MUCH less broken than he used to be.  But you should dig everything up (and then do a final dig-run) just to make sure you've got everything on the surface.  The things actually move around underground, which can trip a prospective quester up!
This discussion has been closed.