Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    So has anyone actually produced a bow piece from tailoring yet :|
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I have, on my very first pair of cheap shoes. 
  • After spending a significant amount of time on highly-regulated orgs like Hallifax and Glomdoring (not counting my relatively long dormancy), Gaudiguch continues to surprise me with its liveliness.  :)]

• Are we really starting to call out people who disagree to posts? Cause damn do I have a list!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Disagree. No you don't.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm just gonna say that the things Celina and Synkarin were yelling were pretty inflammatory (see what I did there?), up to and including yelling for the fae to "embrace the flames". Viravain did urge me to kill Celina, but I decided...yeah, no. I'm sure Celina's enemy status will be removed when she returns home.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited December 2015
    We were playing with the fae! It was really just a game. I even tried to entice them to set Hallifax on fire. 

It's hard to sit here and claim we were so bad and mean and even inflammatory when the fae turned around and said it was all good. 

The worst thing that happened was @Tylwyth (sp?) upsetting my delicate sensibilities.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited December 2015
    edit: Ugh whatever. If Glom is going to start enemying Gaudis for liking fire, this is going to be a rocky relationship. 

It's obviously because I'm me and not any actual offense taken by being nonchalant about shit being on fire. Which is fine, but I really have no interest in that drama llama. I left that llama in Glom, I do not want it following me. Go home llama.
  • edited December 2015
    I'm on the verge of, "Fuck it, burn it down."
    WOO BURN IT DOWN
  • Chirbo said:
    I'm on the verge of, "Fuck it, burn it down."

People are finally understanding my stance :>
  • Kurut said:
    Yay! Got into a guild! Must grow ALL the things! Plants for you! And you! And you! Plants for everyone! Also bees, but mostly plants.

Disregard, no bees.

Maybe bees.

• Synkarin said:
    We were playing with the fae! It was really just a game. I even tried to entice them to set Hallifax on fire. 

It's hard to sit here and claim we were so bad and mean and even inflammatory when the fae turned around and said it was all good. 

The worst thing that happened was @Tylwyth (sp?) upsetting my delicate sensibilities.
    Um, you guys were encouraging the fae to kill maeve, and burn the forests.
    It doesn't matter how "harmless" you can point out it is in hindsight.
    The communes will ALWAYS view both those things as A)rude B)an attack on the communes.
    They will NEVER have a sense of humour about this, or even vaguely attempt to be reasonable about it.
    This is not new or secret.It doesn't matter how OOC reasonable you can point out your actions to be, because we aren't going IC to be reasonable about the fae/Maeve[or, atleast not that reasonable].

That being said I just pointed out that you were being rude, then you were all, "how rude, you must die" WHILE you were encouraging Maeve to die.

Tylwyth/I IC/OOC doesn't/don't really care about being threatened, personally, but all the forestals care ALOT about Maeve for RP reasons.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I'm pretty bummed that there are artifacts to replace/make redundant quietmind.

Where's the fearaura, destro, and JP curios?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    I'm pretty bummed that there are artifacts to replace/make redundant quietmind.

What artifact would that be?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    *doesn't give two figs about Maeve IC, and frequently has said we should just off the crazy b*
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Tylwyth said:
    Synkarin said:

Um, you guys were encouraging the fae to kill maeve, and burn the forests.
    It doesn't matter how "harmless" you can point out it is in hindsight.
    The communes will ALWAYS view both those things as A)rude B)an attack on the communes.
    They will NEVER have a sense of humour about this, or even vaguely attempt to be reasonable about it.
    This is not new or secret.It doesn't matter how OOC reasonable you can point out your actions to be, because we aren't going IC to be reasonable about the fae/Maeve[or, atleast not that reasonable].

That being said I just pointed out that you were being rude, then you were all, "how rude, you must die" WHILE you were encouraging Maeve to die.

Tylwyth/I IC/OOC doesn't/don't really care about being threatened, personally, but all the forestals care ALOT about Maeve for RP reasons.

I'm sorry but this isn't even true in the slightest. I suppose if you can't even comprehend what is actually happening, you can't be expected to be reasonable.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    At least the storyline is moving again, and the way it looks, I think if Maeve survives, she's going to be VERY different. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire dynamics of Faethorn change after this.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2015
    From an OOC perspective, it definitely does suck to have to deal with that drama. I sympathize with Celina. ICly though, I don't think it's about the fire itself causing physical harm. It's likely something else. But that's all I'm saying for now.
  • This meme is so true.

• What @Lerad said is very true.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Well, I disagree. I think Maeve and the fae can potentially get fleshed out a lot better through this event, and I think that can enrich the lore and roleplay for both forests quite a lot. Right now, part of the reason I don't care much for fae RP OOCly is because it's not done very well. It isn't well depicted how the fae are tied into the existence of nature and the integrity of the forests. This event has made that a lot clearer and I hope to see more. I actually really, really like it.
    I remember Eventru posting about how if a fae dies, a stream or river dries up somewhere, or tree whithers and dies. This is pretty important, though you never get this feeling that you need to protect them. They just seem like overly cutesy stupid creatures running around that we have some fascination with. I hope this event really helps establish the links we already know of, but aren't expanded on.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Talan said:

Quiet Mind would still be very useful for village influence and amnesty, but yeah, the existence of the superior runes for the other types of influence make it kind of redundant. Bow+Cha aura+Superior Rune = 10/13 already, then you still get some buffing from wetfold and oils (oils are another buff village influence and amnesty don't get).

That said, the tailoring curio pieces are very sparse right now. There are seven collections with four each, so 280 potential pieces to pool from. It would take -a lot- of work and $$$ to get them all right now unless they get their own package section in the artifact shop like the cooking curios did. Even then, it'd still be a lot of $$$.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2015
    I generally agree with @Lerad  on Maeve, for what it's worth. Being entangled with Glomdoring through the centralized fae mechanics and generic tree huggery is a big part of what holds back Serenwilde from really taking off, imo. Most of our really great roleplayers only passingly (afaik?) interact with the fae on any serious level. 

EDIT: Basically, my own IC viewpoint is that if Serenwilde's duty is to protect 'pure' nature, Maeve is not pure nature and has not been for a long time. Keeping her going etc. necessarily accepts that Glomdoring and the Wyrd are here to stay, end of story. It means that Serenwilde loses, and will always lose. It can be cool to play a character on the wrong side of history, but I personally find it hard to get motivated in that position long term. In a story that has an end, where that tension can be brought to a head and concluded, it's great. Playing a delusional character forever, not so much. 
  • Vivet said:
    Talan said:

Quiet Mind would still be very useful for village influence and amnesty, but yeah, the existence of the superior runes for the other types of influence make it kind of redundant. Bow+Cha aura+Superior Rune = 10/13 already, then you still get some buffing from wetfold and oils (oils are another buff village influence and amnesty don't get).

That said, the tailoring curio pieces are very sparse right now. There are seven collections with four each, so 280 potential pieces to pool from. It would take -a lot- of work and $$$ to get them all right now unless they get their own package section in the artifact shop like the cooking curios did. Even then, it'd still be a lot of $$$.

I thought Quietmind gave random superhits way over what you'd usually be getting. If that's still so, it doesn't seem to me that the Bows or Influencing Runes are that much more powerful. But if I'm wrong... I'm wrong.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Kiradawea said:
    Vivet said:
    Talan said:

I thought Quietmind gave random superhits way over what you'd usually be getting. If that's still so, it doesn't seem to me that the Bows or Influencing Runes are that much more powerful. But if I'm wrong... I'm wrong.
    The way it worked before was hard to determined, but it was pretty strong. These days, under the new influence system, it gives 3/10 to everything. It is effectively a second cha-aura. This isn't bad! But as you can see by the numbers above, for standard influencing, having the bows basically means you don't need Quiet Mind at all.

This discussion has been closed.