Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2017
    That quest is in the quest system (HUMANISTELSA) so you can see who has done it.  There are a couple of surprising names there (and some that are perhaps a bit less surprising).
  • We're drifting right back into the waters that caused The Incident this morning.
  • We agree, and for this reason We have deleted the comment in question and would ask that people cease discussion of the plague mechanic. We are making this request not because it is Our desire to shut down discussion of the topic in question, but because it has been proven that this topic cannot be discussed without people devolving into personal attacks. We apologise to those who have been discussing it without issue.

Please resume tweeting about other topics.
  • tweet tweet
  • edited September 2017
    beep
  • gaudiguchian healer here. I am halfway skilled, up to serenity.  
  • edited September 2017
    Continuum is a challenge to PK on. 8s off EQ from a passive effect RIP
  • Arix said:
    Threatening people for overlinking seems relatively pointless if you have no idea who is doing it

I believe the correct response to that post is:

Cash me ousside. Howbow dah.
  • That is never the appropriate response to anything
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2017
    Tyamit said:
    Continuum is a challenge to PK on. 8s off EQ from a passive effect RIP
    All cosmic planes are like that. Which is really sad, because I can't meld anything but Air and cosmic planes, y'all. :(

edit: you know, as far as player org territory goes.

• I think thats part of the reason why ethereal gets raided more. The defenses are just generally weaker but still give an edge to the defender. A close fight you lose on cosmic you could probally win on elemental or ethereal.
  • Continuum is no different from any other cosmic plane.
    Ethereal gets raided more because it has a huge section in-between and people love to stand at the archways and posture at each other. Drawing a false correlation doesn't do anyone any good.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I actually think it might also have something to do with the fact that there is a greater share of raiders (especially the ones who kick them off) from the communes than the cities.
  • Continuum/vortex physically cant be reached without special stuff like cubixes.

The defenses on Cosmic work out as stronger hinder than liveforest as well for a direct comparasion.

An entangle with a cure speed that can be be shortened up by acros/furrikin vs a upwards of 6 second equi disrupt that stacks on existing skill and usage.

Being entangled for 2-4 seconds vs being knocked off equi for 6-10 seconds is a pretty big difference.

Lets not mention how easy is it to scatter folks with the movement of defense of the elemental planes.

• Ethereal is a mechanically easier place to raid and fight in when you actually look at the skills and abilities involved. Less disruption. Less passive movement abilities and while its only a small point but mobs that dont respawn on their own is a little bit of an advantage as well.
    edited September 2017
    I'm going to go ahead and argue that Elemental is such a useless plane in terms of raiding that it doesn't really need to be looked at. However, ripple can get up to 8s off-eq if you're -really- unlucky.

Also, it's not flux that is disrespecting your summon resist. It's distort. Distort puts a heavy malus on your summon resistance, but I will note, you -still- resisted 3 gusts in a row on distorted Continuum. That rooting report really needs to bear fruit.

Speaking of reports, the new discretionary report's solutions go way too far. My suggestion would be to first keep ripple's off-eq from stacking, or just normalize the tick.

• Oh sorry I ment the movement on elemental plane Maligorn. Fighting with elemental defenses up is like fighting on a ping pong table. You get thrown out of the room every attack you do.

8 seconds of off equi time on cosmic is pretty common. Its not an unlucky hit it happens on a regular basis when I raid.
  • Maligorn said:

Speaking of reports, the new discretionary report's solutions go way too far. My suggestion would be to first keep ripple's off-eq from stacking, or just normalize the tick.

I really like the idea of making it roughly as good as liveforest for hinder. Making it about 2 seconds would make it roughly akin to it. It'd be better in some situations but worse in others. Not idential but it'd balance out the defenses accordingly.
    edited September 2017
    If ripple were nerfed down to that level, Fleshpots and Master Crystals would be extremely easy to kill. I think part of the reason why Ethereal defenses are relatively weak is because Avatars are the strongest smobs.

edit: on the smaller scale, Daughters/Ladies are also the most capable of defending themselves as opposed to angels/demons/polyhedra/fleshbeasts.

• Really? I found the damage from ladies and polygons about the same. Similar afflictions as well blackout etc. I've not done a big comparasion between the two though as they all die in a few hits anyway. I just found the cosmic ones more effective in combat because they just randomly repop into the room. Once I've killed the ladies they are dead where as the cosmic beasts pop back in every now and then for some nice passive blackout in combat.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ladies/Daughters have variable strength based on moonphase, so comparisons don't work super well.  Trying to kill a Lady during Full Moon, for example, will give a very different result than New Moon.
  • I didn't know that! That's pretty interesting. Still, I think that the smob comparison is accurate.

• @Cazanto Congrats!
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    @Cazanto Congrats!
    Stoked, but no idea how people read about it!  Thanks, all.
  • They announced it in game.
  • @neela announced what?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

This discussion has been closed.