Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I find it more fun interacting with people, because while it is cool for a denizen to appear and chat, everyone becomes focused on them. Earlier, after I gave my sermon, the talk was very interesting and shared by everyone, although it amounted to a lot of this.
    Can we make sideeye an actual emote?
  • There is an emote idea thread.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2016
    When you submit a bug and then go to look at it and it tells you your bug is too short and to add more info, so you keep making longer and longer bugs with more info until you suddenly realise that some bug-looker-atter has been patiently adding every version of your bug to another pre-exisiting bug created by someone else that is now partway up my bug list and that's why I can't see any of my new bugs at the end of my bug list.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I was reminded that I was, in fact, mentioned in an events newspost. For not good things :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • The one time I've been mentioned in an events post was for singing naughty songs to Adalgiso when he first showed up. My claim to fame.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    My presence in news posts is mercurial and wonderful. Sometimes I'm male, sometimes I'm female, sometimes I'm simultaneously in Serenwilde and Hallifax at the same time.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Eh.  Sometimes I get events posts writing about how I just murdered the people.

Events #191: "... but before the gnomish government could respond and interrogate Lotin Snapfuse, he was summarily executed by Xenthos An'Ryshe." :D  <-- Tip for gnomes, do not infest Prime with Slivvens.  Thank you very much.
  • I think I've been in a few, but I have no idea how to search event posts for keywords on the website
  • Doing a quick search in my downloaded news archive, I found you in events 19, 45, 144, 164, and 204. Why do you like fours so much?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    There are very few skills in Lusternia more annoying than Sap.

Most of the time it doesn't even kill you, it just annoys the shit out of you and prevents you from doing anything to a Druid.

Please delete Sap.

Its a shitty crutch mechanic that has no lasting impact outside of ganking.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    So am sitting in my manse, designing a tattoo and then one of my rpg players cancels on me, so I'm organising something else for tonight, and then I look back at Lusternia, oh hey, a revolt, and Serenwilde got Delport, so I exit to prime and am like 'Hey there's a revolt....oh wait Serenwilde just got Stewarts too.'

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Man, trying to set up a demesne with someone hitting you is so miserable. 
    Silvanus said:
    There are very few skills in Lusternia more annoying than Sap.

Most of the time it doesn't even kill you, it just annoys the shit out of you and prevents you from doing anything to a Druid.

Please delete Sap.

Its a shitty crutch mechanic that has no lasting impact outside of ganking.

I'm in the process of writing an OP for a thread about this. I'm struggling to elaborate beyond this exact thing you've posted, because it's the essential nugget of how I feel about it too. 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    I think the collective envoy population have been okay with and waiting on some type of sap replacement report from the druid enovy(s) for going on 5 or 6 years now. We could probably write a thesis about Enyalida's thesis about why sap sucks. 

Enyalida just needs to kick it and write up a report. I'm not sure what yet another sap discussion is going to do this many years into the discussion. 

You can do it. We believe in you. 
  • As a former full-time Druid, I agree that Sap inhibits Druid from receiving any kind of meaningful mechanics for improvement. I could say that about Aeon in general being incredibly dated and nowhere near as effective as it used to be in situations other than groups.

It's effective at what it does for sure, but it's a crappy mechanic to fight with and fight against. I'd also advocate it going away down the road.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think the reason it hasn't been envoyed is because without sap, druids have nothing, and it's unlikely to replace sap with a viable alternative in one envoy report.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    Understandable, but that's the reality they live in. You're going to have to suck for a minute in order to rebuild yourself. Easier, I think, for melders because they are always valuable even if they can't 1v1.

Sap special report isn't going to happen if it hasn't happened yet, so the question is what do you do now? The options are 1) envoy report or 2) do nothing.
  • edited January 2016
    Celina said:
    Understandable, but that's the reality they live in. You're going to have to suck for a minute in order to rebuild yourself. Easier, I think, for melders because they are always valuable even if they can't 1v1.

Sap special report isn't going to happen if it hasn't happened yet, so the question is what do you do now? The options are 1) envoy report or 2) do nothing.

I agree with this statement. However, people generally have a well-founded (at least as far as IRE is concerned) fear that when something critical to their class is removed that they won't see something powerful to replace it for like... months, if not longer. Not to rib at IRE or anything, but it's a pattern I've noticed with making a big core change to classes.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Someone wanna give me a basic rundown on last night's stuff in Faethorn? I had to go to bed around the time Mag was still ninja'ing letters into the tree.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • People be like "BUT WE HAVE ALL THESE CHARACTERS WE WILL NEVER PLAY AGAIN PLZ LET US RETIRE THEM FOR OUR CURRENT CHARS"
  • Nienla said:
    Celina said:

I agree with this statement. People generally have a well-founded (at least as far as IRE is concerned) fear that when something critical to their class is removed that they won't see something powerful to replace it for like... months, if nto longer. Not to rib at IRE or anything, but it's a pattern I've noticed with making a big core change to classes.
    Why?
    A better idea would be to get a replacement thingy for Sap, THEN envoy remove sap AND replace with X.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Wrong. We went up to see what was going on, got ganked, got mad about it, asked the Demon Lords what to do, and THEN started putting letters in. Not just me, either.

We also succeeded in TOP SECRET BUSINESS that Baalphegar is EXTREMELY elated about.
  • Tylwyth said:
    Nienla said:
    Celina said:

I agree with this statement. People generally have a well-founded (at least as far as IRE is concerned) fear that when something critical to their class is removed that they won't see something powerful to replace it for like... months, if nto longer. Not to rib at IRE or anything, but it's a pattern I've noticed with making a big core change to classes.
    Why?
    A better idea would be to get a replacement thingy for Sap, THEN envoy remove sap AND replace with X.

Theoretically, yes. However, you have to remember that Sap has essentially been the backbone for Druids for ages. It has been a part of their kill process since the early days. It's not as easy as conjuring a replacement for it. In reality, a replacement for Sap will likely have to be a number of things instead of just one thing. The goal is to get Druids not wholly dependent on one ability like they have been for years.
  • If Nihilists have to deal with every kill method being gutted, druids can do it too.
    It's really frustrating trying to figure out the Nirvana quest, not sure if I'm just missing something or if it's still buggy. One thing for sure: people who were in the event mention there being a manual as part of the event... that isn't a part of the quest, so I'm stabbing totally in the dark to try and get things to work. 
  • Marcella said:
    If Nihilists have to deal with every kill method being gutted, druids can do it too.
    It's not so much that Nihilists are being left high and dry. It's that ectoplasm is up in the air currently. Not to mention, that's a bit black and white. It's not just Nihilist being up in the air either and possibly needing work down the road. It's essentially everyone in some shape or form. That's poor logic to justify making people powerless.
  • Ectoplasm...and omen...and wrack...and torture...
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Nienla said:
    Marcella said:
    If Nihilists have to deal with every kill method being gutted, druids can do it too.
    It's not so much that Nihilists are being left high and dry. It's that ectoplasm is up in the air currently. Not to mention, that's a bit black and white. It's not just Nihilist being up in the air either and possibly needing work down the road. It's essentially everyone in some shape or form. That's poor logic to justify making people powerless.
    No, they were left high and dry.

Zero information was given to the future of the Nihilist direction when the Overhaul started. Simply, that your entire kill methods were being removed. Zero help. Saesh gave some help, but I had to ask and seek them out.

Celestines were -given- Shackles. Never even asked for help, nothing of theirs got removed besides some Pact Powers, which is exactly what happened to the Nihilists too. And then in the report, they only listened to Kelly's ideas, who isn't even a Celestine, and none of the other Envoys. Including the Nihilist envoy.

Its a terrible joke that continues to exist and very little has been done to fix it outside of putting a smiley face patch over the scar.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited January 2016
    Marcella said:
    Ectoplasm...and omen...and wrack...and torture...
    Look at it as an opportunity for Nihilist to get new things in the future.

Torture was pretty awful and very situational. Same with Omen.

Ectoplasm is still up in the air as far as I've heard because it would have large impacts on both Nihilist and Illuminati.

Edit: @Silvanus: I highly doubt that Nihilist will have their stuff taken away and get nothing to show for it in the long run or the short term. I will gladly eat my hat, in the figurative sense, if that is the case.
    Ectoplasm had no effect on Illuminati kills (afaik), it was just to troll with. 
This discussion has been closed.