Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2016
    The problem is that the Lusternian market is hyper stratified, so that while I can make enough gold in Lusternia to buy a thousand times the same necessities as I can in Achaea, the credit market is so much more expensive. Part of it is the way that gold drops work in Lusternia, but I bet that part of it is that in Achaea basically every class has something it must buy from an npc (that goes out of the game) that is not trivially cheap. 

EDIT: Outside of a lack of goldsinks, I feel like gold circulates a lot more in the other games. To me, Lusternian trades and the cartel system have always felt like a dramatic inferior version to crafting in the other games. We certainly have a much smaller contingent of patterns and far more expensive trade skills (that don't really make sense IC either). Even going strictly by the roleplay, there is just far less draw to purchase the goods of the majority of the trades in Lusternia for me, while I was consistently buying interesting clothes, baubles, and useful objects on my Achaean characters - or saving up for them. 
  • I'm glad I'm too cheap to retire Arix
  • edited January 2016
    Like, if I could mass retire all of my little trial alts I'd probably have enough to qualify them. I don't think I'd ever be able to retire Saran though. Not for a character I've been playing for less than two weeks
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Retire Value is the new Auction Escrow.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Gotta love bitter enemyings

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Thank you, mystery cow. You made my evening!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited January 2016
    Why is it every time I go on a break, bad shit happens, drama happens and everything goes pear shaped. I refuse to believe Ventidius is integral to Lusternia's survival.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Vivet said:
    This depresses me because I'm losing value. Half my shit was earned through IG credits or awards. :(
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink

Nikka has a higher retire value than Qistrel.

How did this even happen? :O

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'm pretty shocked at my retire value...I have certainly bought certain promotional items on the site, but nowhere near as much as is calculated.
  • Celina said:
    Vivet said:
    This depresses me because I'm losing value. Half my shit was earned through IG credits or awards. :(
    Eh. Basically 99.9% of my credits came from IG, and I still have a retire value of (IIRC) about 3300 credits.
  • RETIRE VALUE takes into account the # lessons you have on skills, plus the artifacts that you own (at least, that's what I heard from other IREs). It's not based on actual credit purchases or other promotions that you got.

• edited January 2016
    Whoops, double post.

• edited January 2016
    Nevermind, seems was still up
    Eodh said:
    RETIRE VALUE takes into account the # lessons you have on skills, plus the artifacts that you own (at least, that's what I heard from other IREs). It's not based on actual credit purchases or other promotions that you got.
    Is it? Something seems off. 

Some clarification about RETIRE VALUE actually comes from would help. 
  • Silvanus said:
    Don't worry all those who are thinking they can't be a top tier PKer:

If you retire this character, you will receive 1426 transfer credits for use on a new character.
    o.O

Even I have more than this.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."

• Silvanus said:
    Don't worry all those who are thinking they can't be a top tier PKer:

If you retire this character, you will receive 1426 transfer credits for use on a new character.
    Lusternia actually has a relatively medium-ish cost to entry. Most of the effectiveness comes from skills rather than artifacts, which is great in my opinion. I've never really felt like I need an artifact to compete. Exception being a demesne rune if you're a Druid or Mage with the original skillsets.
    I've always believed Lusternia has done a fantastic job with artifacts. Especially now post overhaul where damage has been reigned in, there isn't a situation I can think of where artifacts win for you. More than anything, they help with survival which is a nice situation to be in. You can't just move from Achaea to Lusternia and buy yourself a win artifact. You can absolutely move to Achaea, buy yourself a str+ artifact, some artifact weapons, etc etc and instantly be dangerous.

Achaea, while apparently more lively, is literally fighting artifact piles upwards of 30-40k credits invested, many of which directly translate to direct offensive buffs. Faster, more damage, etc etc. Incidentally, the reason I moved from Achaea to Lusternia years ago.
  • The reason I moved from Achaea is that Lusty is the only IRE where the community hates thieves, and will grind them into dust when discovered.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Which sucks. Such an interesting dynamic. 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I moved cause I sucked at Achaea. I mean, I suck at Lusternia too, but I suck far less than I did in Achaea.

• edited January 2016
    Here's my rundown of combat in each IRE game:

MKO - Typecasted. Different take on a lot of systems. Ends up being slow. Some people love it, but it's off-putting to a majority of IRE combatants. They do have one excellent mechanic with assassinations and Nighthawks, but that's all the praise I can give it.

Aetolia - You're not playing Aetolia for the combat. You're playing it for the roleplay. The only really awesome conflict system that it had was the war system. Wars were a 2-3 week affair involving non-stop PK where non-combatants contributed moral support and supplies for fighters while the fighters in an org lead groups to take out opposing groups, marched NPC troops and ordered said NPC troops to take out the side's NPC troops that were capturing actual land for the org. Goal was to capture both of the opposing org's gates in order to mechanically force that org to surrender. Wars had very clear consequences for winning and losing and made politics extremely important. They turned it off because people complained. Now they complain that there's no conflict. Can't win.

Lusternia - A lot of skills, decent barrier to entry. Suffers from feature creep, but had some good conflict systems and the most out of any IRE game. My PERSONAL criticism is that classes rely too much on gimmicks, uncurable affs, or what have you rather than affliction offenses or other forms of progressive offenses where you build towards something. Not necessarily a bad thing, but the sheer number of skills combined with gimmicks make the game difficult to balance.

Achaea - Where you go when you want group PvP galore. There aren't many conflict systems, but there's generally always fighting going on. Problem is, extremely high barrier to entry unless you're playing certain classes. Very dated mechanics behind classes which generally involves people exploiting each and every mechanic of their class via code or what have you. Generally is fairly well balanced though. There's really no roleplay to be had, however. Mhaldor has some, but that's about it. Has standard fantasy archetypes which can be very cliche if you're not a fan. PvP is also, according to Shuyin and I agree having fought there, very fast-paced and a single mistake at the super high tiers will result in defeat.

Imperian - Probably the epitome of "balanced" PvP (in my opinion). It has some issues with a damage meta right now and artifacts definitely contribute to winning more and surviving in said damage meta. However, as a Warden, I was able to compete with zero artifacts and take on people that had them. Very good mechanics with artifacts and classes as each class feels definitively unique and special on its own merits while being thematically cool. However, the game suffers from six organizations (even more than Lusternia does) because of its low population. I've never understood exactly why Impy has a low population, as it is a very good game with some relatively deep lore, interesting classes, and interesting organizations, but there it is. Great game for 1v1 combat too, in my opinion.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Wars in Aetolia weren't turned off because "people complained". They were turned off because it became easy to game them and a lot of screwery commenced until it wasn't fun anymore. 

Imperian had a really really abusive and unfun IC and OOC environment. Which is a shame, there are a lot of great things that Imperian does well. 
  • edited January 2016
    Nienla said:
    Here's my rundown of combat in each IRE game:

MKO - Typecasted. Different take on a lot of systems. Ends up being slow. Some people love it, but it's off-putting to a majority of IRE combatants. They do have one excellent mechanic with assassinations and Nighthawks, but that's all the praise I can give it.

For the record, Mikdemia has a shiite-ton of lore. The setting was created an author,Raymond E. Feist, who wrote like 12 or more books. I've read about half. I'll have to try to play there at some point.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Not being able to leave my dollhouse somewhere (or anchor it, which would be very convenient) sucks. The mental image of hauling this thing around 24/7 is pretty funny though.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    This retirement thing has been drawing a lot of old folks to peek in, it seems. I've even spotted a Murphy.
  • Esca said:
    Not being able to leave my dollhouse somewhere (or anchor it, which would be very convenient) sucks. The mental image of hauling this thing around 24/7 is pretty funny though.
    Hmm, a manse artifact seems reasonable.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Esca said:
    Not being able to leave my dollhouse somewhere (or anchor it, which would be very convenient) sucks. The mental image of hauling this thing around 24/7 is pretty funny though.
    Hmm, a manse artifact seems reasonable.

So long as I can convert my dollhouse into it, or get a refund on it!

• I need a doll house

This discussion has been closed.