Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Enyalida said:
    Ectoplasm had no effect on Illuminati kills (afaik), it was just to troll with. 
    It's a part of, along with hekoskeri, putting someone off balance long enough in order to throw Soulless and have it go through. That's what I've ascertained from logs and from discussing it with Shuyin. It's a bit of a stretch to say that it's just there for trolling.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    If you retire this character, you will receive 4249 transfer credits for use on a new character.

Holy shit, I've spent a lot of money on this game. 
  • Sheesh, people need to stop tweeting about skill balance because it'll inevitably lead to derailing.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Derails from the very important topic of this thread. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I don't care to think about the numbers for the few characters I have scattered across the games. I will say, sans Tark, I could fund a VERY nicely kitted current warrior noob.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    "This character's value is not sufficient to be eligible for retiring."

Well screw you too :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shuyin said:

What about your Achaean? Weren't you a Paladin with like... L3 weapons.
    I briefly considered a retirement to Achaea. Until I found PKers in achaea have escrow builds upwards of 20k credits. 

Jesus man. People think Lusternia has a high barrier of entry. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Rancoura said:
    If you retire this character, you will receive 3661 transfer credits for use on a new character.

I, uh... it's been 8.5 years, sure, but I didn't think it was that much.

*eyes current RL debts*
    Mine was similar. If that's 50% of what I've spent, then I've spent a lot more than I thought.  :\">
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Celina said:
    I briefly considered a retirement to Achaea. Until I found PKers in achaea have escrow builds upwards of 20k credits. 

Jesus man. People think Lusternia has a high barrier of entry. 

What's the gold drop:credit market ratio over there though?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• So basically if you ceom from Achaea to here you're gold, since I hear credit market is like 6k per credit or something
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Gold is dramatically DRAMATICALLY harder to come by in Achaea than it is here. So you aren't likely to have more credits on hand just from gold drops in Achaea. 
    edited January 2016
    I don't think this system takes into account IG purchases. Strictly credits you yourself purchase from IRE.
  • edited January 2016
    I'd also like to mention that I'm a bit baffled by why HELP RETIREMENT is suddenly a thing.  I don't want to retire any of my characters, even if I haven't used them in a while.  I've played them on and off for years, and to be unable to access them would suck.  There's only like, maybe ONE character or two that I'd consider retiring, and even then, that'd only be if I could use the credits for my current character.  I'm not going to create a whole new one, no matter how many credits I'd get out of it.

I don't understand why it's a thing.  So people still get the value out of a character they've invested in?  Sure, but not so much if it applies only to brand spanking new characters.  Is it to clean up old characters maybe?   To help addicted players leave their old characters alone? Iunno.  I'd like to know the thought process behind this.

EDIT: I just noticed that there's a thread for this.  Any further convo I shall post there. >.>
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Gabriella said:
    I'd also like to mention that I'm a bit baffled by why HELP RETIREMENT is suddenly a thing.  I don't want to retire any of my characters, even if I haven't used them in a while.  I've played them on and off for years, and to be unable to access them would suck.  There's only like, maybe ONE character or two that I'd consider retiring, and even then, that'd only be if I could use the credits for my current character.  I'm not going to create a whole new one, no matter how many credits I'd get out of it.

I don't understand why it's a thing.  So people still get the value out of a character they've invested in?  Sure, but not so much if it applies only to brand spanking new characters.  Is it to clean up old characters maybe?   To help addicted players leave their old characters alone? Iunno.  I'd like to know the thought process behind this.

EDIT: I just noticed that there's a thread for this.  Any further convo I shall post there. >.>

Well, for one, it works across IRE. So, let's say you've played Aetolia for a long time. You've even been in the Pools in Aetolia. You've been admin, seen it all, done it all. The game feels empty to you now. Your character has done everything they've set out to do. All your old player friends are gone.

But, lo! Look in the skies! A new game appears. It is Lusternia, with all its fancy religious lore and with a moonlight-loving Goddess who just really needs to accept that she's a Glom named Lisaera. You decide, "Hm. I'd like to try out Lusternia!" But, you recall, the huge cost that you've invested into Aetolia. You're discouraged from trying or, at the very least, getting too invested into Lusternia.

You then find out. "Well, hey. I really like Lusternia. I'm willing to commit to it now!" And, once you're really sure that you want to go, you start the retirement process for your character in Aetolia. Now that you've retired it, you have more credits to use for your new character so none of that technically went to waste.

In other cases, you've got characters from your time in IRE that you may have spent a fair amount of credits now but are doing nothing but collecting dust. For some folks, characters don't have sentimental value. For others, they might be "failed" characters and they'd like to get some of the time and money they invested into them so they can start over. For even other people, it's just time for them to retire and start anew in another game. This system lets them do that.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Well, I've gotten a lot more bardic credits than I thought I had. Assuming that this is ignoring city credits properly.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Lavinya said:
    ....holy crap

If you retire this character, you will receive 9968 transfer credits for use on a new character.
    What. WHY AM I SO POOR. I AM A PKER DAMN IT.
  • Nienla said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Nienla said:
    Celina said:
    Understandable, but that's the reality they live in. You're going to have to suck for a minute in order to rebuild yourself. Easier, I think, for melders because they are always valuable even if they can't 1v1.

Sap special report isn't going to happen if it hasn't happened yet, so the question is what do you do now? The options are 1) envoy report or 2) do nothing.

I agree with this statement. People generally have a well-founded (at least as far as IRE is concerned) fear that when something critical to their class is removed that they won't see something powerful to replace it for like... months, if nto longer. Not to rib at IRE or anything, but it's a pattern I've noticed with making a big core change to classes.
    Why?
    A better idea would be to get a replacement thingy for Sap, THEN envoy remove sap AND replace with X.

Theoretically, yes. However, you have to remember that Sap has essentially been the backbone for Druids for ages. It has been a part of their kill process since the early days. It's not as easy as conjuring a replacement for it. In reality, a replacement for Sap will likely have to be a number of things instead of just one thing. The goal is to get Druids not wholly dependent on one ability like they have been for years.
    No. I. don't.
    Only time I'm sure I've stuck Sap on anyone, outside of mass combat where who knows what stuck who on whom, it was an accident(sorry @Sedanas).

Also, @marcella/@silvanus/ why not just ENVOY for shackles if it's so awesome? ask for it as a replacement for something you've lost, Wrack maybe....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited January 2016
    We....we've had shackles. Forever. It was the signature nihilist ability.

Now all we have is shackles and nothing to do with it.

Meanwhile celestines have absolve(objectively better wrack, due to no pre-reqs like wrack has), judge(timed insta, of which the nihilists have not), inquisition (of which the nihilists have nothing else as insane), and shackles on top of that just because HAHA CELESTINES.

Sacrifice is impossible because ectoplasm, instead of doubling balance loss, now is simply a -10/-10, counteracted by enemies even having any plus to agility, and even if they don't it's like...a 10% balance time loss, wooooo....
  • Envoy for Wrack to remove paralysis/bound repreq's, so it just has a half mana prereq like Absolve.

• @Tylwyth I think you're rather confused on several points.

Sap is pretty deadly when timed right, especially since it is a cleanse cure, which is stopped by being entangled (which spores makes it take longer to writhe out from, so basically you win if you keep them in the trees long enough).

As for shackles. Nihilists already have shackles, always have, it was basically their unique identifying ability, and several of Nihilist abilities became balanced around it (Torture requiring entangle, Wrack requiring entangle/paralysis). The idea that the nihilsits' best pact power, which was centralized around several of their abilities, got tossed for free to celestines (Which truth be told they really did -not- need another form of hindering, especially with an easy kill concept like Judgement), with almost nothing taken away for it, was pretty insulting.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2016
    I dunno, I thought the whole pact power adjustment was pretty flawed as a whole. AFAIK, the majority of the removed affs weren't particularly useful to begin with (you know, hence why they were removed), and removing them from pacts did not cause any negative impact on the guilds (because in actual gameplay, no one ever used them). Yet for some reason, powerful replacements had to be given or something.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There's already been an extensive debate on these forums around the shackles/pact thing. To everyone saying, "Why don't you x/y/z?", take a look at that thread, and you'll probably see your suggestion already there, having been tried, and rejected when brought up by envoys.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    There's already been an extensive debate on these forums around the shackles/pact thing. To everyone saying, "Why don't you x/y/z?", take a look at that thread, and you'll probably see your suggestion already there, having been tried, and rejected when brought up by envoys.
    Eh, you are right. 

• Enyalida said:
    Gold is dramatically DRAMATICALLY harder to come by in Achaea than it is here. So you aren't likely to have more credits on hand just from gold drops in Achaea. 
    This statement is pretty solidly false. Achaea, you can very easily make 10-13cr per hour when bashing at higher levels. Even at around lv 70-80 you could do 4-6. Even more if you're counting in the various corpse turn-in quests and such... Even just looking at pure gold amounts these days, Achaea is still higher than basically any other game, except maybe Imperian (I'd say Aetolia, but their gold drops were nerfed recently)

• Syrennia said:
    Enyalida said:
    This statement is pretty solidly false. Achaea, you can very easily make 10-13cr per hour when bashing at higher levels. Even at around lv 70-80 you could do 4-6. Even more if you're counting in the various corpse turn-in quests and such... Even just looking at pure gold amounts these days, Achaea is still higher than basically any other game, except maybe Imperian (I'd say Aetolia, but their gold drops were nerfed recently)

it just depends on how much effort you're willing to put forth. my achaean char is lvl79 and very squishy, so she usually sticks to doing quests for gold. if i wanted, though, i could make about ...5k or so gold per bashing loop?

lvl99+ players, though, have it super easy, because they're dragons and can bash the higher level places. plus they can find and sell dragon talismans for credits and/or gold. moghedu usually generates like .. 20k gold per loop. and serpents can steal gold from unsuspecting people. blahblah blah.

This discussion has been closed.