Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• That attitude seems particularly prevalent in a small group of very loud people. Don't worry, everyone can contribute in their own way and don't let their ideas about how you play the game 'right' make you feel bad about what you can accomplish!
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It would be funny if the gauntlet didn't work on inner worms.

• Ymuli said:
    That attitude seems particularly prevalent in a small group of very loud people. Don't worry, everyone can contribute in their own way and don't let their ideas about how you play the game 'right' make you feel bad about what you can accomplish!
    It would be nice if as part of the pvp review that some people have been asking for, there could be mechanical ways in which the non-combatants could contribute further though.
    Specifically, it would be cool if we could come up with a way non-coms can spend Demigod essence to contribute to their orgs in some way. Combatants have to be careful about dying too much due to essence loss, and there are the expensive Ascendent powers for the various kinds of Ascendant, but us non-coms can just build up essence over time and only really have the big SecondTradeskill power to spend it on.

Would have to be something that is both meaningful and useful, but at the same time, can't be something too powerful as I think some people have vast amounts of essence stockpiled.

• Maybe set up a way to convert essence to nexus power? A ratio of something like 1,000 essence to 1 power doesn't seem too outlandish to me.
  • edited January 2016
    Brennan is trolling me :(

Ellanora shakes with momentary rage before she collects herself with a long exhaling breath.

Brennan Stormcrow stares blankly at you.

Brennan Stormcrow exclaims, "Crow!"

Brennan Stormcrow exclaims, "Mighty Crow!"

You say, "Crow! Mighty Crow! Glorious Crow!"
    Brennan Stormcrow exclaims, "Crow! Mighty Crow! Glorious Crow!"
    Brennan Stormcrow grovels pathetically in the dirt.
    You grovel pathetically in the dirt.

You say to Brennan Stormcrow, "I am glad someone has sense today Brennan."

Brennan Stormcrow says, "Where is the crown, Ellanora?"

(Every time Brennan!)

• I feel like I just can't win in terms of bashing and exp gain. So far I've lost a total of 11% in my attempts to successfully profit from ur'Bashes. I guess I'm just too squishy to survive them yet :c

• I don't think I would want to give up essence into power- it really doesn't seem to be all that important right now in terms of generation. But maybe something like non-combatant demigods could 'tie' themselves into the power of the nexus and grant a very small buff to something like health or something to a specific group, but they use a small but constant amount of essence while tied to it, and they cannot perform any aggressive action, or move off the nexus while it's running. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • @Yarou I'm thinking the Overhaul changes (stat removal, buff and resist changes, etc.) have made the old astral hunting formula not viable anymore. I recall there being a sweet spot wherein enough (high-level, frequently-critting) people ensures a (generally) safe hunt even for non-Demigods. Might need more high-crit people.
    See you in Sapience.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ymuli said:
    I don't think I would want to give up essence into power- it really doesn't seem to be all that important right now in terms of generation. But maybe something like non-combatant demigods could 'tie' themselves into the power of the nexus and grant a very small buff to something like health or something to a specific group, but they use a small but constant amount of essence while tied to it, and they cannot perform any aggressive action, or move off the nexus while it's running. 
    Ideally, it could be useful to get VA for more people or increase the number of times an org has the opportunity to, but lately it seems as though there's not as much interest in that. I know both Seren and Celest have more than enough power to raise extras already. Just doesn't seem to be happening.

Ymuli said:
    I don't think I would want to give up essence into power- it really doesn't seem to be all that important right now in terms of generation. But maybe something like non-combatant demigods could 'tie' themselves into the power of the nexus and grant a very small buff to something like health or something to a specific group, but they use a small but constant amount of essence while tied to it, and they cannot perform any aggressive action, or move off the nexus while it's running. 
    I don't think giving non-coms an uncounterable way to affect combat is a good idea.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Qistrel said:
    Ymuli said:
    I don't think giving non-coms an uncounterable way to affect combat is a good idea.
    ZAP NONCOM
    You spend a pittance of your divine essence.
    Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening!
    - sSirlxBbdM
    Noncom has been reduced to ash.
    You see the death occur at The Nexus.
    You have slain Noncom.
    - sSirlxBbdM
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    - esSirlxBbdM
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I don't have an honor calculating script, but I did highlight the relevant lines in POLITICS FAMILIES with those same colors.  ;;)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I feel like it's the entire family of Shevat versus @Portius (because heaven knows I don't generate any honour being out of the city and busy IRL).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    edited January 2016
    I'm seriously tired of people treating me like I'm stupid for not knowing all about all these exceptions to the Magnagoran laws that are not explained anywhere and that no one ever takes the time to explain to me.

• Qistrel said:
    I'm seriously tired of people treating me like I'm stupid for not knowing all about all these exceptions to the Magnagoran laws that are not explained anywhere and that no one ever takes the time to explain to me.
    Are you sure they're not just treating you like you're stupid because you play a fink?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Magnagora is mostly cool with the fink thing. A lot of them seem inclined to think finks fit into the 'corrupted by soulless' category, along with viscanti, orclach and illithoid.

• Qistrel said:
    Magnagora is mostly cool with the fink thing. A lot of them seem inclined to think finks fit into the 'corrupted by soulless' category, along with viscanti, orclach and illithoid.
    Hey! We aren't corrupted by the Soulless, we ARE the Souless. >:)

(At least, a teeny tiny piece of one) 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Tremula said:
    I feel like it's the entire family of Shevat versus @Portius (because heaven knows I don't generate any honour being out of the city and busy IRL).

Come at me (and Zyphie's passive honor and occasional ticks from people I never see) Shevats.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.

• Portius said:
    Tremula said:

Come at me (and Zyphie's passive honor and occasional ticks from people I never see) Shevats.
    The Incorporated Cultured House of Windwhisper    Culture            347247            (+276)
    The Incorporated Lettered House of Shevat         Letters            202266            (+444)

B-)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Dude, remember who's in charge of prestige submissions...
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited January 2016
    Krackenor said:
    Qistrel said:
    Hey! We aren't corrupted by the Soulless, we ARE the Souless. >:)

(At least, a teeny tiny piece of one) 
    Aww yiss, being Soulless is neat.

EDIT: I just wish it came up more often, somehow.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • edited January 2016
    Deathsight (deathsight) (65471 minutes). 

Can we fix this please?
  • fix what?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    fix what?

Should be Cosmic Nimbus (cosmicnimbus) (indefinite).
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    But it's not indefinite. It can probably only be up for the 65555 minutes or whatever that number is. That might be something like 3000 days, but if you were logged on non-stop, without deaths, it would wear off after that time.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • It's supposed to at least read indefinite afaik. The number is there just to be a huge convenient number I assume. If you DEF multiple times they can flip constantly from a number to indefinite. It's been bugged and is rather annoying.
  • Silvanus said:
    But it's not indefinite. It can probably only be up for the 65555 minutes or whatever that number is. That might be something like 3000 days, but if you were logged on non-stop, without deaths, it would wear off after that time.
    Actually it should be indefinite, the showing a number of minutes I'm sure is a bug. In either case, someone already helped me fix it.
This discussion has been closed.