Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Re-standardizing gold drops would be a positive step.

A big part of it is also comms/supplies from nowhere. There ARE a lot of things in Lusternia that people buy besides credits. The problem is that many of them are not produced in the game. They just appear in the game out of genies, gem mines, wheel spins, presents, etc.

Some time in the Spring, when the overhaul and ascension (Is there ascension this year? We can still skip it, I would be fine with that.) is over, it would be nice if the admin could turn their collective attention to trade skills and the game economy, making some hard choices about whether or not they want to try to have one again.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2016
    Even before all of the free comm generators, there was no reason for most players to bother with commodities, no incentive for orgs to make a profit (or even break even) on commodities, and no end to them in sight. Villages just produce them 'out of nowhere' also, with no input required or interesting interactions/trade worth the effort. Most of the gold that got 'sunk' out of the game didn't really go anywhere, it just collected in the orgs and eventually got pushed back out. 
  • I can't even.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    It could have been curios and ikons comment here.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Just hoping there'll be a time when I don't rush into combat forgetting to put up half of my combat defenses anymore or forgetting my aliases mid-battle :-(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Narynth you broke my m&m you butt. <3 (good fight)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Blacksmiths are nigh impossible to find...
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Eskell said:
    Blacksmiths are nigh impossible to find...
    Not that impossible.  One just even sent you a tell!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Hey guys, if I wanted to try out another IRE (not leave entirely, but try out) what would be my best bet? I remember once trying to play...Imperian, I think? But it just wasn't as complex and someone ended up hunting me up 70+ levels and locking me in some house thing I couldn't escape from no matter what I tried, trying to turn me into their mudsex doll.

I'd like to try something different with a lower-than-Lusternia learning curve, so recommendations would be hella.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Midkemia seemed cool, and has a very different combat system, where you get a chance to block against every attack. The players were pretty friendly too.

I played quite a bit of Aetolia too, it has fun guilds with concepts not in Lusternia, and has a lot of nice stuff like automatic corpse retrieval. Also has separate cures for undead, where you eat bits of dead people instead of the herbs living people use.

I couldn't really get into either game though.

• edited January 2016
    Telling orgs and 'rich people' to try and buy up all the credits to sell for lower....wont work.

You'll just eventually go back to the same point.

What needs to be done is some form of sink for the high income of gold. Most everyone in Lusternia is rich by regular standards, and the general payout for credits is expected to be that high, because people can afford it. People can make 50-100k gold in a single run.

Edit:

I'll even give a lovely example from Achaea, that has credits at 6000-7000 per.

Players can buy ships, starting at 2.5 mil gold for the cheapest.
    They must pay annual (game time) fees for their crews, roughly 10k per game year
    Ships have docking fees for harbours
    Upgrades are also quite costly

Players can construct mines on lodestones to harvest commodities for their cities or sell them personally
    Constructing a mine requires quite a few commodities
    A player must pay monthly (game time) fees for their miners, else they'll abandon the mine (price escapes me)
    A mine will eventually collapse, requiring the player to find a new source.

Cities get raided, rooms can get destroyed (not as easy as it sounds to complete). To repair a room, costs 20k gold per room.

There is almost no form of 'free commodity grab' in Achaea that I can think of. They once upon a time created a special satchel you can buy with their version of dingbats, that would give 4 types of commodities an hour, but rather quickly discontinued it for obvious reasons.

Now if we were to relate this to Lusternia's economy, you can see that the only slight cost in gold would be in purchasing an aethership and buying rooms.

Fulcrux orb + Aethership egg =  600k gold
    Extra rooms = 150k gold per (that is if you want)

Afterwards, your ship can just stay there, forever more, waiting for your use.

Commodities are insanely easy to come by now, since most have commodity farms galore and sell them for cheap. Cities no longer have to even worry about capturing villages for commodities.

And all this is barely skimming on the problem
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, like, someone will just buy them up and try to sell them back for more.

I'm not sure this whole gold buildup on mobs thing is a good idea either. It's easy to farm gold by doing stuff like killing all the mobs an an aetherbubble once a day, or charity influencing random high-powered mobs like nexus tutors, Maeve or Abeytu.

• Actually I wouldnt mind if an admin got the posts concerning the inflation and made a new thread to discuss it there.
  • edited January 2016
    Arcanis said:

Players can buy ships, starting at 2.5 mil gold for the cheapest.
    They must pay annual (game time) fees for their crews, roughly 10k per game year
    Ships have docking fees for harbours
    Upgrades are also quite costly

Players can construct mines on lodestones to harvest commodities for their cities or sell them personally
    Constructing a mine requires quite a few commodities
    A player must pay monthly (game time) fees for their miners, else they'll abandon the mine (price escapes me)
    A mine will eventually collapse, requiring the player to find a new source.
    It's daily, not monthly. Anywhere from 500-2000g per day, and mines take about ~20-60hrs to collapse depending on size / commodity. I like the feature of mining in Achaea, don't like actually doing it though, boring as shit but it's a pretty big necessity since cities have yearly gold/commodity upkeep costs for their upgrades. Guards, mana pool bonus, small damage bonus, etc.

Achaea ships aren't too different from aetherships tbh... Just not as stupidly expensive credit wise. (you dont have to use cr at all anymore)
    There were warnings and threads made back when they did the most recent economy overhaul, describing this exact problem. The gold buildup mechanic is a good idea, in that it encourages people to go to different areas instead of farming the same one over and over. It would be less disruptive if the max gold was capped and it had to 'charge up' to the max gold, instead of starting at a flat gold value and 'building up'. And if the cap were a lot lower. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Arcanis said:
    Actually I wouldnt mind if an admin got the posts concerning the inflation and made a new thread to discuss it there.
    Why do you need an admin to make the thread for you?
  • i like how easy gold is to get. pls don't make them nerf it :((((

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The 13-year minimum age gap between parent and child seems a little narrow to me. Am I just a prude?  :-S
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    No, seems same to me.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It's a little icky, but the game is based on a semi-medieval time frame, and that's kind of like a minimum  possible age, which isn't historically inaccurate, just gross.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2016
    Plus, I guess reproduction is kind of magical in Lusternia anyway.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    @Kurut's interpretation of where babies come from is still the absolute best.
  • If lusternia is the big bad business that some of you say it is why would they make it cheaper to buy credits ICly when they would want you buying them from the website?
    edited January 2016
    Because if new players see that they can get a good start inn the game without spending loads of $$$ or that if they work hard and participate, they'll stick around. The point isn't to just 'make it cheaper', it's that there is an entire sector of the game that flat doesn't work (The economy), when the other games have working (or at least better) economies and are overall better off for it. 

Where do you imagine those credits come from anyways? They're all from people buying them from the website. Making market credits more accessible does nothing to hurt the bottom line. In fact, it makes a larger number of players invested in the game!
  • I blame Hoover for the Lusternia depression 
    Stagflation. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zombinomics.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • 2016/01/24 23:13:44 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Due to the workings of our subjects in the Iron Scholarly House of d'Vanecu.

I'm confused...d'Vanecu exists?
  • tbh, if credits were cheaper in-game then people who sell them would have to buy more. Like, I think at one stage they were around five to six thousand gold, which meant a hundred credits if you wanted a ship without grinding up the gold, now it's like ten.

I'm still hoping for non-ship manse upgrades, like as opposed to an algontherine you hatch a different entity inside the manse which unlocks useful stuff if you tend to it.
    I super want an ability to like put all of my magic item curios on pedestals and be able to access them all from a single item in my inventory >_> maybe with some sort of npc that you need to hire to maintain your collection.
This discussion has been closed.