Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• HAHAHAHHA WARRIORS COST 3300 CR FOR FULL ARMOR/WEAPON RUNES

THEY ARE *MORE* EXPENSIVE THAN THEY USED TO BE

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US?
  •         rune218824: a Great Rune of the Master Armourer           50     500cr

What. And these things are suppose to stack up to 3 times?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    This armour stuff though, eeeesh...
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Marcella said:
    HAHAHAHHA WARRIORS COST 3300 CR FOR FULL ARMOR/WEAPON RUNES

Was anyone under the impression that tapping out at top tier wasn't going to be a cash grab? As soon as I saw, "Armour has these limits, but if you send us money, the limits don't matter!", I knew that would be the case.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Are you guys being purposefully obtuse or something. Warriors specific items are cheaper, armor is something everyone uses, not just snowflake warriors
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2016
    There is also scant reason to get the armor upgrades, imo. The defensive abilities are only a 1/6, and you can't double up anything. It's easy to get some cheap slotted items for influencing, if that's what you want. 
  • Knots can only go on robes and armor. Not cloaks, not coats, not hats.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Everiine said:
    Marcella said:
    HAHAHAHHA WARRIORS COST 3300 CR FOR FULL ARMOR/WEAPON RUNES

Was anyone under the impression that tapping out at top tier wasn't going to be a cash grab? As soon as I saw, "Armour has these limits, but if you send us money, the limits don't matter!", I knew that would be the case.

I thought these armor runes were going to be around 100cr. Not 500cr.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Cannot actually see any reason to buy the armour runes myself, either. Will be buying some weapon runes with tradein credits though.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Jesus people, it's 3% damage resistance. I fully artifacted warrior (or anyone else) takes 3% less cold and fire damage. SUCH A CASH GRAB.

And that's not even the damage resistance meta. You'll still be out tanked by a kephera with a pendant all day, any day. 

You people have no chill.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm confused. I thought this setup was supposed to make it easier to get into combat, not make it cost prohibitive/take advantage of people with retirement credits. 500 credits for one more enhancement slot?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yeah, especially since we were all accustomed to having four. I'm glad I didn't read the gear thread after day 1, and thus prolonged this feeling of dissatisfaction until now.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm confused. I thought this setup was supposed to make it easier to get into combat, not make it cost prohibitive/take advantage of people with retirement credits. 500 credits for one more enhancement slot?
    You are, supposedly if the original plan of allowing 5 slots is what has happen, allowed to stack that 500cr artifact up to 5 slots. so buying it 2-3 times...
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You really won't need more slots than you get at base. The one weapon upgrade I think might prove problematic for balancing is doubled speed upgrade. I don't really see anyone forgoing the speed bonus, which is why I suggested removing it and rolling the benefit into all weapons (if needed). You can grab speed and the enhancement most suited to your spec and be set for your main combat weapons, picking up additionaal weapons for other loadouts if desired. 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    You don't need them to get into combat anymore than you needed a proofed fire cloak to get into combat. Is the absolute meta more costly? Sure, by a small amount. The influence of the highest meta is also much less significant. 

Contextually, it's cheaper because you don't even NEED splendors anymore because the difference between greatrobes and splendors is piddly and no longer factor in wound reduction.

I have no intention of spending 1000 credits on armor slots, and I'm certain I'm still going to be competitive at the higher PK tiers. 

People are missing that the difference between absolute credit meta vs the casual omni trans is, at max 9% damage resistance/buff. These artifacts are literally not pre-requisites for high end PK. Source:  I haven't had damage resistance runes ever. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Dear @Ieptix

Once upon a time the Hammer of Forging was a thing, but people had issues with it because hammers are also a Bonecrusher weapon. This is why it was changed to the Mallet of Forging. While the new Hammer of Clangorum's Mastery is nicely written and all, would it be possible to have it become a Mallet too? Just to save hassle/headaches for the forgers out there.

Thanks!

• Is it just me, or does this new sea-kelpie thing give ANOTHER skewed advantage towards Celest in the sea-battle?

If it empowers both Lanikai and Jeitara, this means that the kelpies are now even more valuable for Celest than they are for Magnagora, for one important reason.

While the normal Lanikai kelpies are out, Joiya is missing from the Caroo, which means we can't do the quest until we beat the kelpies (which the event posts suggests are buffed.)

While our mutant kelpies are out, Celest can ignore them completely, because if they complete the Caroo quest, they instantly kill and replace them with the normal kelpies.

Thanks Obama?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That's what happens when you don't piss off your divine, Marcy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited January 2016
    EVENTS NEWS #344

...Did the kelpimaki succeed in arousing Andala and Bleuu, and can it do the same for other mortal adventurers?...

Well.... did it? 8->
  • Tekora said:
    EVENTS NEWS #344

...Did the kelpimaki succeed in arousing Andala and Bleuu, and can it do the same for other mortal adventurers?...

Well.... did it? 8->
    If I remember correctly, it just got them sick.

Those quinotaurs, on the other hand... >.>

• No, Joiya does NOT return while the mutant kelpies are out. At least, she never has before, and as far as I'm aware, she hasn't started now. I'm not sure where you got the impression that it's possible, but you have to kill 50 of the mutant/warrior kelpies before things will reset and Joiya will return, whereupon any mutants/warriors in the seas that are still about when you do the quest will count toward being the ones that you just released.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, Tridemon is right, you have to kill mutant kelpies before you can do the quest. Unless that was changed reccently.

• Can we please increase the rate that cubes can be filled? It's a boring tedious task.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Honestly, Mag's chelp files are a mess full of outdated or just plain incorrect info. Like, CHELP LICH still talks about strength and intelligence.

• edited January 2016
    When it's obvious Magnagora isn't known for intelligence

huehue

(I'm not being serious don't get mad)
  • That feel when you realize a friend of yours has had you snubbed for a while and you didn't even know and don't know why.

• edited January 2016
    So much drama in the old 2005-2006 BT news postings, I can feel all the tension through them. Wow
This discussion has been closed.