Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• @Sylandra I'm a bunny chimaera.

As I specifically mentioned earlier I didn't want to reveal incase there was a conversion mechanic for chimaera
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Synkarin said:

Ayisdra stated that the third brother wasn't actually down here

Why would Shaddus say he was? and if he was, wouldn't Shaddus know who he is?

Also, Saran, Luce and Siam never actually stated what race they were (or I missed it when looking back). I know Saran was paranoid about powers but I don't think that's an issue

Want to open up?
    I don't know that he is or isn't. I haven't been contacted by him, and Ayisdra never said he had either. I just don't understand why he -wouldn't- be here. Why have my flavor text say I'm the youngest of triplets, and only have two of us here?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @siam I was also thinking like, was Celina blocked on her mongoose night or did she track? I can't remember
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Saran said:
    Er, it's obvious isn't it? Azureus targeted themselves last night. Confirming because my power was blocked by it too when I tried to track them.
    Oh just saw this. Fair enough.

I jumped straight to 'Roleblocker immunity?! What?!' But that's also a possible explanation.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • What's more interesting is that now we know there are two investigator type powers. Azureus didn't try to protect one of them and instead prevented them from investigating them
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    There was no real indication about whether or not he was the oldest.

I'm not sure why that matters either.

Vote: Azureus

Lets get this rolling

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Synkarin said:
    There was no real indication about whether or not he was the oldest.

I'm not sure why that matters either.

Lets get this rolling
    It matters because some pages back(right around when @Ssaliss roleclaimed), he mentioned that his power had something to do with him being the oldest. Which I am kinda skeptical of because my role explicitly states that I'm the oldest chimaera.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Older, oldest, most grizzled, most battle-scarred... I mean, who knows. Might be a flavor text slip-up.

According to my flavour text, though, I think I'm the youngest and cutest chimaera? ;;)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I feel like I might be the only human left down here, and it's a bit unnerving.
    Luce said:
    I feel like I might be the only human left down here, and it's a bit unnerving.
    Trem's a human.
    Daraius said:
  • Hi, I'm here. Overslept from being sick.

I've said I can make people immune to powers, and so far that's held out. I don't know if anyone targeted Luce the night I sent him my power, but the ambient message about the statue wound up being useful to confirm my protection of Celina the next night.

Given that, I don't really get why people are acting like there's some mystery here: the mongoose statue shows that the person is immune to other powers. If someone saw it when they targeted me last night, it's obviously because I protected myself.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • I'm prepared to give a full account of what I've done and how it works, since it's so close to the end and there's few of us left. I'm not sure if there's benefit to holding on to my last secrets. Is that something people would want?

I will say, though, that given that it's so late in the game, lynching off of coincidental flavor text seems really weak to me.
    Haezon said:
  • The thing is that we've seen a few indications now of careful choices I believe.

In my case, my powers are related to my creation as a gardener, I tend to like the flowers and stuff, so I spread the pollen around to do my motion detection.

My name is Yuuka, which I believe translates as Gentleness/Superiority and Flower. Which, well I imagine I'm gentle with the flowers and a bit frosty with people that would trample all over them or just pick them carelessly. (Let's ignore the japanese bunny girl link or I'll spam you with Kurousagi pics)

People mentioned similar small things with Celina's reveal.

This becomes relevant given the earlier Mongoose/Ermine link that was mentioned. If we do have two investigators and neither gets a side, then it's likely we're meant to use the flavor to figure things out (along with just usual mafia chat).

• I'm not even a mongoose, I'm a tiger. The investigations give animal type, if people really think that's worth pursuing. But if people are going to lynch me over the ambient message, what can I possibly say to that?
    Haezon said:
  • Sorry for posting when I'm not a player, but, I've been waiting for a relevant topic somewhere, anywhere, to post this picture, and I never imagined I'd find it in the mafia thread. But, well.

Rofl @Lerad. We need an anime-themed Mafia game.

So @Azureus why'd you protect yourself instead of Siam or another investigative type?
    Daraius said:

• Azureus said:
    I'm not even a mongoose, I'm a tiger. The investigations give animal type, if people really think that's worth pursuing. But if people are going to lynch me over the ambient message, what can I possibly say to that?

That's the thing though, if you're not a mongoose what possible reason would you have to a mongoose statue as part of your powers.

People have been pushing to lynch Ssaliss because his message looks scary. There's been focus on Tremula because her power only works at certain times due to theme.

As @Sylandra mentioned, I'm also voting to lynch you because you protected yourself from being investigated. I feel that a townie would have been more likely to protect one of the investigators if they believed their power stopped night kills as I think we have a quote of you claiming.

• I would like to point out that I'm currently the only person in this game that has definitively and unambiguously caught out a scum, as much as I'm hoping for the best after the scrubbing. People have had some issue with me being more quiet than some, since I don't prefer to spell out my entire thought processes throughout the day, but I don't think anyone can fairly say I haven't contributed. Because, again, Tarkenton happened.

The order of my targeting has been:

-none-
    Luce
    Celina
    -none-
    Azureus

Again, I have no idea if the immunity was of any value to Luce. But during the day phase I had expressed that, based on the information we had at that point, I trusted them. If someone had brought up anything regarding Luce during the following day, I was prepared to come forward and point back to that statement as the reason why. It didn't wind up being necessary.

Making Celina immune wound up being the reason we caught Tarkenton, though. It was, as pointed out earlier, rather lucky, as if Tarkenton had even done a different order in that rather casual claim, I wouldn't have been able to catch that. But that's flavor appropriate too, since (to answer the question earlier) my power is that I'm giving someone else my luck. This is the source of the immunity.

I've given it sparingly, though, because it's single-use per target. That's the last secret I was holding on to, since it was so obvious I've already used it on myself.

Looking elsewhere, as much as there was a rule-breaking post from a dead person, it was a good point: we haven't extended the same courtesy to anyone else that we have to Tremula. Waiting for Tremula to post a defense almost halted the game for an entire weekend -- not that I minded because hey, Blizzcon. And to be fair, Tremula gave some advance warning. But in every other case, the lynch train has moved quickly enough and not cared whether that person even got a chance to defend themselves or not. (Yesterday it moved so fast that I didn't even get a chance to vote.)

So with that in mind, I do kind of raise my eyebrow at Saran for suddenly caring so much that Tremula not be lynched. Why did that courtesy suddenly matter? Again, I don't even have a problem with the courtesy in itself; but it's just not how we'd been playing and now it doesn't seem like it's how we're continuing to play.

Plenty of people were finding Tremula suspicious enough until that point, so I ask this: has enough information come out about Tremula now that all those suspicious are really quelled? It doesn't seem so from what I've seen, so my follow-up question: does the "mongoose are similar to ermines" line of thought really outweigh your suspicion of anyone else's behavior? 
    Haezon said:
  • I protected myself last night because, as I mentioned, the lynch train moved so fast yesterday that I wasn't able to interact at all, either about myself or anyone else. People had expressed suspicion of me yesterday that I was not able to address, nor was I able to ask my own questions and suss out which of the two investigator claims I wanted to lean on.

Paladin-bubbling myself so I could try to speak today was my instinct.
    Haezon said:
  • And one last response to @Saran: I'm not saying that all flavor text should be discounted. Siam's question about the oldest chimera, for example, is relevant, because it directly influences certain information we've taken so far, and also brings back up people's question about how Ssaliss could still be alive.

The brother thing, too, affects play.

But the mongoose/ermine thing has had zero impact on anything people have done or what we've deduced about each other. That's why I find it such a weak attack point.
    Haezon said:
  • Sylandra said:

So @Azureus why'd you protect yourself instead of Siam or another investigative type?
    But, but, but...

Oh fine. I'll add it to my list.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I'm also curious why people think protecting myself means I was afraid of the investigators.

The investigators have already said they can't technically confirm faction. Just powers. Which can then be extrapolated.

I've said that my power is being able to make someone immune, and no one seems to doubt it.

Let's say the investigators did investigate me -- which, from it appears, they didn't bother anyways -- they would have found out that I had made myself immune to their power... thus confirming my claim that I could make someone immune... which is the exact same information they would have found out if they had investigated me and I'd targeted someone else. From the investigative standpoint, there would be no drawback or even change.

I've used up my one chance of targeting myself anyways, so the investigators are free to try on me if I survive the day. But I still maintain that'd be a waste of their effort, since the only thing they could find out by now is whether I'm telling the truth about being a tiger. And that doesn't seem, to me, to be a big enough deal compared to what they might find out about someone else.
    Haezon said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:

Why is Sylandra worried about this last part and not so much that Ssaliss does the same thing?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:

Why is Sylandra worried about this last part and not so much that Ssaliss does the same thing?
    1. Ssaliss has definitely been targeted before.

2. Azureus's powers don't prevent someone from taking action, while Ssaliss's do. So if Ssaliss protects someone, say, an investigator, the investigator can't investigate that night. Ergo, it's less useful than if Azureus does so. Makes sense?
    Daraius said:
  • Siam said:
    Psst. @Synkarin, can you confirm if Ssaliss was explicitly stated to be the oldest chimaera in the group? 
    I'm one of the oldest Chimaera around, yes. I don't think it's been mentioned before anywhere, so odds are you'll be calmer once I say I'm twelve years old. I know I said "oldest, baddest, meanest" or something to that effect, but eh, it flowed better than "baddest, meanest, and one of the oldest".
    Azureus said:
    So with that in mind, I do kind of raise my eyebrow at Saran for suddenly caring so much that Tremula not be lynched. Why did that courtesy suddenly matter? Again, I don't even have a problem with the courtesy in itself; but it's just not how we'd been playing and now it doesn't seem like it's how we're continuing to play.
    That's actually something that's been bothering me too. I really don't get why Saran couldn't have just said "Tremula is an investigator" so that everyone would understand his hesitation. Instead he built up a dramatic fanfare, filled with suspense and intrigue. I have to tell you I felt a bit like a kid being told, "Oh man YOU CANNOT EAT THIS COOKIE" and I mean, I kind of wanted the cookie, but once I was forbidden to have the cookie for absolutely no reason, it drove me bananas.

Considering the validity of the Tarkenton moment, I'll Unvote. Game recognizes game.

Anyway, it'd be hypocritical for me to ask about who is doing what without saying why I blocked Azureus. Or failed to, anyway. Mainly, I wanted to see if someone would die if I blocked Azureus or not. A big question we've had this whole game is why no kills were happening, and we knew that me, Ssaliss, and Azureus were the existing safeguards against a nightkill. I wanted to see what happened when those safeguards were passed, so I took a risk and decided to block Azureus.

And even though that block failed, Celina was offed last night. Which is a super surprising move, imo, because she's been a polarizing figure all game. I feel like every single day phase someone has tried to lynch Celina.

Such a funky move. It's weirder that the scum didn't target Siam than it is that Azureus didn't.
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ok rundown time

Siam - vision (confirmed via dream)
    Saran - motion detector
    Ssaliss - Jailer (confirmed via dream)
    Tremula - Investigator (confirmed via dream)
    Sylandra - blocker - confirmed via blocked people
    Azureus - immunity type
    Shaddus - brother killer
    Synkarin - confirmed not mafia
    Luce - governer type

Saran has been throwing me off the entire game

Vote: Saran

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Azureus said:
    And one last response to @Saran: I'm not saying that all flavor text should be discounted. Siam's question about the oldest chimera, for example, is relevant, because it directly influences certain information we've taken so far, and also brings back up people's question about how Ssaliss could still be alive.

The brother thing, too, affects play.

But the mongoose/ermine thing has had zero impact on anything people have done or what we've deduced about each other. That's why I find it such a weak attack point.

So why is a tiger using a mongoose statue when we're looking for the followers of Ermine?

And yeah, it's scummy that you protected yourself because Celina dying last night was an abnormality, one of the investigators was far more likely to die, both of them being confirmed in one day means that we needed to protect them to ensure they got at least one last night to investigate.

Also, Sylandra is on my potentials list because of her power. She can block an investigator, she can stop a doctor, but the reason I'm leaning more towards you is that she can also stop a scum while I have my doubts that you can.

If your power just blocks night powers, then it's possible that it doesn't protect from night kills, this immediately makes it far more beneficial to the mafia than the town given the powers we've already seen in the game.

More importantly
    I would say that Celina appeared to die to a poison type kill (injections, not acting immediately) and you have claimed you did not act the night before last, unless someone verified that and I missed it, you could have poisoned Celina on that night and then protected yourself this night while another member of the mafia performed the kill last night.

This would mean that one of our investigators could have been attacked, they're just not dead yet.

• And we know there should be poison because of Allyriane's reveal.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

I think it's because our dearest beloved @Celina can start a pressure train real quick. AND that I've been sending her visions because VIRAMINIONS ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. Ily @Viravain. Kidding aside, though, I worried for a moment for a moment when Celina died because I derped out and couldn't remember if I sent her the vision the last night. Which I didn't, thank goodness.

I also find it very suspicious that Saran went out of the way to protect Tremula.

I think that the best way to weed out the scummy traitorous scummy mafia persons would be for everyone to come forward and tell us what they did last night.

I sent a vision of @Ssaliss to @Synkarin.
    @Azureus protected himself.
    @Saran watched Azureus.
    @Sylandra tried to block Azureus but THE MONGOOSE got in the way.
    @Shaddus talked with himself because Broyisdra got lynched.
    I cannot recall off the top of my head atm what Sidd/@Synkarin did but @Kiradawea has confirmed that he's part of the town.
    @Tremula tried to investigate Shaddus but the power-outage prevented her from getting some info.(what, only 1 successful investigation out of several nights?) AND WE FIND CELINA, DEAREST CELINA WHO IS THE NIGHT, dead after we stumble through dark hallways?! WHAT? I've tried googling variations of investigative roles but I cannot find a role that fits the outcomes thus far. I may possibly be google-inept.

Does @Luce have a night power? I'm unfamiliar with the governor role. Mafia experts, please enlighten us.

I am quite suspicious of @Tremula at the moment if only because @Azureus's claims have been pseudo-supported by the Sylandra-block.(If he protected himself, he couldn't have killed @Celina. Or someone else from the scum did the action.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback