Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ehhh I'm inclined to think the poison is a flavor thing and not poison in the way of the poisoner role. This is because in my experience, people know when they've been poisoned and can be like GAIZ IM POISONED THIS IS MY LAST DAY.

tldr: I think poison is just the flavor of the nightkill.

Also, Sylandra is on my potentials list because of her power. She can block an investigator, she can stop a doctor, but the reason I'm leaning more towards you is that she can also stop a scum while I have my doubts that you can.
    I get why you feel this way, but notice that I'm not trying to block investigators; I blocked Tremula expecting her to be scum, and expecting her to try to steal my roleclaim the following day (we were the only two who hadn't revealed and I was so convinced she was scum I didn't imagine she could be an investigator). I do admit blocking Azureus was a bit wild, but I explained my reasoning on that. And people had expressed some concerns about Azureus's alignment, so my curiosity was a bit piqued on that as well. 

If you'd like, town can ask me to roleblock a specific person tonight and I will. I'm willing to go all out for Team Town.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Saran said:

So why is a tiger using a mongoose statue when we're looking for the followers of Ermine?

You... want me to try and prove I'm a certain arbitrary animal that was assigned to me without any of my control? How? With what?

Also, even given that the two investigators might be juicy targets, I wasn't able to interact with them yesterday. How was I to know which of the two would be targeted? What if I made one lucky and then the other one died? What if I am in fact wrong and the poison doesn't count as an ability after all, so the person I target can still die? There were way too many variables and no way for me to sift through them. What possible outcome would have satisfied you, anyways?

In fact, none of your logic for the past few days makes any sense to me. I don't know what you want or where you're going. I'll add a vote: Saran as well.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shaddus is pretty suspicious too, and he did off his brother

That's pretty scummy

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

I am also thinking the scum lynched Celina because they may have been threatened during the dayphase. Will review votes and posts of the previous day. WHO DID CELINA PRESSURE DURING THE LAST DAY PHASE?!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Luce is able to halt a lynch. That seems to be his power.
    @Ssaliss, who did you target last night? 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Myself, as usual.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Synkarin said:

Shaddus is pretty suspicious too, and he did off his brother

That's pretty scummy

If I hadn't voted for him, someone else would have. Just saying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Sylandra said:
    Ehhh I'm inclined to think the poison is a flavor thing and not poison in the way of the poisoner role. This is because in my experience, people know when they've been poisoned and can be like GAIZ IM POISONED THIS IS MY LAST DAY.

Also, Sylandra is on my potentials list because of her power. She can block an investigator, she can stop a doctor, but the reason I'm leaning more towards you is that she can also stop a scum while I have my doubts that you can.
    I get why you feel this way, but notice that I'm not trying to block investigators; I blocked Tremula expecting her to be scum, and expecting her to try to steal my roleclaim the following day (we were the only two who hadn't revealed and I was so convinced she was scum I didn't imagine she could be an investigator). I do admit blocking Azureus was a bit wild, but I explained my reasoning on that. And people had expressed some concerns about Azureus's alignment, so my curiosity was a bit piqued on that as well. 

If you'd like, town can ask me to roleblock a specific person tonight and I will. I'm willing to go all out for Team Town.

I find it weird that poison immunity would be in the game if there wasn't a poison mechanic, why not just protection from night kills?
  • Saran said:

Sylandra said:

I find it weird that poison immunity would be in the game if there wasn't a poison mechanic, why not just protection from night kills?
    If "poison" is just the flavor of "night kill," then "poison immunity" is simply "protection from night kill."
    Haezon said:
    Again, I think it's just flavor. If you read the first post Kira has up, Ally's power is explicitly described as a nightkill immunity.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    At the back of my head I wonder how sadistic Kira would be to setup a mafia game where the mafia could be a scum-jailor who could only be killed by a daykill/townlynch.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    At the back of my head I wonder how sadistic Kira would be to setup a mafia game where the mafia could be a scum-jailor who could only be killed by a daykill/townlynch.
    Considering there have been no nightkills other than the one on Celina, it seems that killing scum during a lynch is the only way we have already...
  • If Saran is lynched and flips mafia, my suspicions would turn to Tremula next. But Saran's being a lot more suspicious in the moment, harping so aggressively on things that really don't matter.
    Haezon said:
    Celina and Saran did have an extreme back and forth during the last dayphase, but admitted, if Saran were scum and lynched Celina that would've been suspicious. THEN AGAIN, he could always use the alibi that he watched so and so. IF SARAN AND TREMULA were scum, would he have really raised the matter of the Celina's mystery 2nd visitor, which later turned out to be Tremula? THEN AGAIN, IF BOTH SARAN AND TREMULA WERE SCUM, they could've backed each others day 1 claims(which would theoretically have been used to raise suspicion among us townies) 

#bringShikariback 

I keep going back to the idea that two investigators is weird. Tremula has Consigliere vibes for me way more than Saran has scum vibes; I honestly think Saran is just really paranoid. Whereas Tremula's information would be super, super helpful to the scum when you think about it in a way that Siam's information just wouldn't be. 

Siam has to trust people will get his visions and share them. Tremula gets all kinds of nifty info for herself as long as the computer is working. Plus, the nights where she can't investigate would be prime time for her to pick up the slack on the scum kills, allowing each member to rotate.

So I'm going to hop on this train aaaagain and Vote Tremula. I'll consider Saran later, especially if Tremula turns up scum.

Daraius said:
  • And I'm just really sus about the fact that Azureus is happy to focus on flavor when it comes to other people, but the moment that it's their flavour it's suddenly just meaningless fluff.

Of course, my night actions are all accounted for. There aren't any nights where I have not acted, for reasons? I assume, and while I will hold off at times from revealing, I have revealed all of them this game and I tried to avoid outing the investigator because I simply don't trust any of you and expect that the more likely scenario was a mafia attack on myself and a lynch either way.

I would also point out that the only lynching I have participated in is the lynching of Tarkenton.

If you're going to lynch me, at least explain to me one thing.

What purpose does the motion detector power have to the mafia?
    And
    What purpose does Azureus power have for the town in this set up? Considering there is no proof that they can block night kills.
    After some introspection coupled with some prayers sent to the Viravain-version of the mafia goddess, there's too much synergy between Saran and Tremula atm. I'll go ahead and

unvote
    vote SARAN

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I kind of feel like Siam's powers are kind of a non-issue to scum, though, since we get a little bit of role and the powers, and have to extrapolate from there, as opposed to, say, having one be able to tell us definitively, xyz is Mafia.

Although I will admit that the Riluna-esque display during the last dayphase(and Riluna did turn up town) gives me about 25% room for doubt.

#bringShikariback 

Ok. Fine. 

If Trem ends up as scum, I'll be more suspicious of Saran next.

unvote
    VOTE TREMULA

#bringShikariback 

• Right, deal.

Vote: Tremula
    Haezon said:
    UNVOTE
    VOTE TREMULA

BECAUSE IT HAS TO BE BOLDED

#bringShikariback 

Plus: I really think the scum were hoping we would lynch Saran by killing off Celina. That's like, the only huge benefit of killing Celina instead of an investigative role, isn't it? It makes Saran look terrible. He's the one who's been most gung-ho about getting rid of Celina, and here she is, innocent as the newly fallen snow. Lynching Saran could be a set-up!
    Daraius said:
  • Sure, I've admitted that I am not 100% certain I provide immunity to night kills. However, I feel safe in assuming I can, since "protection from every non-kill" is a lot less useful as a town power than the alternative, and a less-useful power wouldn't feel the need for the one-use limitation. I could see use for it as a scum power, but then why would I have been actively bringing it forward? As some sort of quadruple-guessing mega-bluff?
    Haezon said:

• Siam said:
    After some introspection coupled with some prayers sent to the Viravain-version of the mafia goddess, there's too much synergy between Saran and Tremula atm. I'll go ahead and

unvote
    vote SARAN
    I'll point out that it was your decision to give the vision to me, creating the situation where I am required to be the one that is trusted, rather than someone who has less suspicion on them.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Vote: Tremula

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Saran said:

Siam said:

unvote
    vote SARAN
    I'll point out that it was your decision to give the vision to me, creating the situation where I am required to be the one that is trusted, rather than someone who has less suspicion on them.
    That is indeed a good point, @Saran! I get that you could've been playing the cautious townie. :)

#bringShikariback 

That's one more vote to lynch Tremula, if I'm doing the math correctly.

So speak now or forever hold your peace, guys. If you want the train to choo choo somewhere else, get talking.
    Daraius said:
    (Also, if we want any gameplan for the nightphase, that would be good.)
    Daraius said: