Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• Azureus said:
    Sure, I've admitted that I am not 100% certain I provide immunity to night kills. However, I feel safe in assuming I can, since "protection from every non-kill" is a lot less useful as a town power than the alternative, and a less-useful power wouldn't feel the need for the one-use limitation. I could see use for it as a scum power, but then why would I have been actively bringing it forward? As some sort of quadruple-guessing mega-bluff?
    With Tarkenton the purpose would be called bussing (having a name because it's pretty common).

We know Tarkenton messed up his claim, it could literally have just been him messing up the order. The reason for you to come forward in this case is personal protection.

A) You wouldn't be able to claim your power and rationalize Tarkenton's bad claim later on if you didn't jump on it immediately.

B) it also provides the shell that you have been invoking, that you lead to the lynching of one of the scum.

Tarkenton's claim was a gamble, he messed it up. Had you not said anything Tremula likely would have had to come forward.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Re: gameplan, should I block Saran tonight? Would we be on board with that action?

And who would we want to learn infos about?

Or are we winging this.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • While this sounds self serving, now that you've announced that you're blocking me, the mafia can just choose to not act.
  • Which is the drawback of any sort of plan we come up with, honestly. Having some sort of idea would still be nice, though.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    So let's not make a game plan, is what you're saying? We're really close to a lynch, so I figure, if we want to coordinate this is the time. It's cool if we don't, just want a definitive stance one way or another!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • We could even try to coordinate things, with me protecting Sylandra while she blocked someone else, and so on. Do we really think the mafia just won't act at all?

That's not rhetorical. Do we?
    Haezon said:
    I guess a lot will depend on how Tremula turns up. I assume Saran will get a lot of heat if she comes up scum, and if she comes up town, I'm expecting to get mobbed. But hey, #YOLO.

How about instead of a plan we simply recap everyone's thoughts on what's going on so far?

Daraius said:
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Just don't block me tonight, Sylandra.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Block Shaddus. Because he'd have no one to talk to at night anyway. Broyisdra is dead.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

:O Point!
    Daraius said:
    Oh, and protect Sylandra. Watch Azureus.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Oh, and protect Sylandra. Watch Azureus.
    Is this to me or about me or both?
    Haezon said:
    Oh, that was for you.

I'm asking Saran to watch you.

#bringShikariback 

• @Saran, in the event we both survive this day phase, I'll ask you: who should I use my fortune on that will make you more likely to trust me? Siam (in the event Tremula dies), or Sylandra?
    Haezon said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Waaaaaiit. Did you just tell her to block me even though I have no night actions? What exactly will that prove?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Waaaaaiit. Did you just tell her to block me even though I have no night actions? What exactly will that prove?
    That you have no night actions, obvs.  :-?
    Daraius said:
    If someone dies and you're blocked that night, it could 90% confirm that you're a Mason and not a Neighbor. @Shaddus.

#bringShikariback 

I get this odd feeling of "if he drowns he's innocent, if he floats he's guilty and we burn him to death", but ok. Block away :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Siam said:

If someone dies and you're blocked that night, it could 90% confirm that you're a Mason and not a Neighbor. @Shaddus.

I'm all for that, except that the mafia doing nothing would falsely prove the reverse and probably get me lynched by Ssaliss.
    I'm 75% inclined to believe that Shaddus is town. I, too, noticed the three-sibling thing but didn't mention it. If he were a mafia-aligned mason-thing(if that exists?) that was aware of the existence of the eldest kitsune, why should he bring attention to a detail a lot of us missed? ALTHOUGH if he were initially unaware of the existence of a third sibling, I'd understand his surprise.

COULD THE ELDEST KITSUNE BE THE ERMINE LIEUTENANT?!

#bringShikariback 

Azureus said:
    @Saran, in the event we both survive this day phase, I'll ask you: who should I use my fortune on that will make you more likely to trust me? Siam (in the event Tremula dies), or Sylandra?
    I'd recommend you don't announce who you are or aren't protecting, especially since you have the one-time stipulation.

Leave it at 50/50 between me and Siam, or do something else entirely. Otherwise Saran is right, they can plan nightkills around this.
    Daraius said:
    (I kinda didn't notice the triplet thing until the second night or so)
    If it's possible, I'd like you to protect my heart. It's been broken and put together so many times I've forgotten how it really looks like.

LOL. I KID.Gawd I'm bored. ONWARD, LYNCH TRAIN!!!!

#bringShikariback 

• Slow posts cause at work...

We're now encountering the main downside of being the town in a mafia game. We are the uninformed majority trying to get rid of the informed minority. Open planning means that the scum can avoid it.
  • We're also doing the general forum mafia downside of not having a whole lot new to say while we wait for other people to come on, catch up, and add that fifth vote or not.
    Haezon said:
    Haha, I'd just noticed Kira's comment on the last dayphase ending without a plan and had a self-conscious moment of, Oh are we supposed to be planning? Am I too speedy Gonzalez about this lynch stuff? Omg.

Saran's right though. Planning is rough because it gives too much info to scum. Double-edged sword, etc. My bad, my bad. :(

Anyway, one more vote to lynch Tremula.

-wanders-
    Daraius said:
  • Oh, someone specify the reveal order and no one breaks it.

From now on, every day, everyone should reveal in order. tomorrow we go top to bottom, then day after we go bottom to top, then back again. Even if you don't have a night action still reveal any night information you got.
  • Synkarin

Luce

Shaddus

Ssaliss

Sylandra

Azureus

Saran

Siam's Target

Tremula

Siam

Would be my suggestion, the informative roles go last, the no action claims go first, then the order is reversed for the next day, then we'd look for things that don't match up.

• Still, I'm kinda sus about Azureus. There's one thing that has me wondering around the mafia though, just cause... I mean yeah I'm paranoid about everything. But I can see a vague pattern to nights when actions weren't done.
    Saran said:
    Still, I'm kinda sus about Azureus. There's one thing that has me wondering around the mafia though, just cause... I mean yeah I'm paranoid about everything. But I can see a vague pattern to nights when actions weren't done.
    Spill. :O
    Daraius said: