Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh God ok so 1) my internet was lagging like a mofo so my posts came out before I could see the posts above it and 2) I need to read all these posts, damn. Stand by.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Azureus - Shaddus was blocked, it was confirmed by him and Kiradawea - so her story holds up

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I made a then/than error and can't edit the post. Please send help.

Ssaliss's aggression towards Shaddus has been a little strange and uncalled for, and I've said as much earlier in the game. I made an argument long ago as to why I thought pressing the Mason power wasn't a useful avenue. It's a fairly standard effect, and the whole "do you mean us to expect all you do is talk to each other?" question never made sense to me.

If both brothers were scum, talking to each other renders both unable to kill anyone for no significant benefit.

If brothers are one and one, then the town brother had the ability to keep the scum one basically stun-locked. A scum who only becomes a threat once the town has lynched the wrong person would be interesting, I suppose, but then the other scum would have an edge in that they could just kill the town-brother whenever they wanted. Anyways. I don't feel like buying a ticket to this train of reasoning.

If brothers are both town, being able to keep talking and discussing during night is huge! Like really really useful! It's weird that Ssaliss wants to convince us that wouldn't be useful or even possible.

All game I've said that finding the Masons suspicious isn't convincing, and I've found it about as likely as scum "converting" us when there was never really any reason to suspect that. And we know for certain now that was never the case.

...Actually, hasn't Ssaliss been one of the more vocal proponents of the conversion-not-kill theory? And wouldn't the attack and surprise-survival earlier on in the game have made them more sure of the opposite? Yeah, things aren't adding up.

Vote: Ssaliss
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    Dammit @Luce. =((

The only person I feel comfortable lynching besides Luce is Ssaliss, because they are the only two people who seem like they could have potentially committed a kill last night. However, like I said, there's the fact that Ssaliss was targeted in the night and the only kill ability available to the town seems to have been @Allyrianne's, and she never used it. Which leaves only a nightkill, and explains the scuffle that Kira described.

My fear is that if Luce is in fact scum (which is where my gut is leading me), lynching Ssaliss gets rid of the one potential townie who can't be nightkilled. Then again, I'm willing to assume there's only one member of the mafia left, in which case LyLo isn't quite on the horizon yet, yeah?

tldr; if we're lynch-training Ssaliss, fine. But if he turns up town I won't be surprised, and I'll want to come to Luce's door with a battering ram of votes.

What's the vote count?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vote count, please? @Kiradawea
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Right now I'm at one vote from lynching Ssaliss. Gimme a moment and I'll give you a better one.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    I think we have 4 votes

Luce, Shaddus, myself and Azureus, isn't it 4 to lynch?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    I think we have 4 votes

Luce, Shaddus, myself and Azureus, isn't it 4 to lynch?
    Luce unvoted.
    Haezon said:
    touche

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited November 2015
    This votecount will leave you at the edge of your seats.

No lynch: (1) Ssaliss
    Ssaliss: (3) Shaddus, Synkarin, Azureus

With 7 around, it's 4 to lynch.

And yeah, gotta pay attention to unvotes as well, otherwise Azureus would already have been lynched.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ...I stand by the Ssaliss vote, but I'm going to Unvote for now since we haven't had any input from Siam, and I don't want the day to end without a chance for more input.
    Haezon said:
    What?! I didn't vote Azureus! Unvote. I blame that messed up quote box post. 
    Daraius said:
    Ok. That said. I know @Ssaliss asked us to wait on potential lynch trains, but honestly, what else can he possibly say?

He's had a chance to argue his case. It's been enough to persuade me, but not enough to make up for the fact that of the lynchable people left, he's the one with the most opportunity last night to kill Saran. If only to limit the pool of suspects tomorrow...

Vote Ssaliss.

Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    What?! I didn't vote Azureus! Unvote. I blame that messed up quote box post. 
    Nrf. You're right. Stupid screwed up quote boxes.

Anyway, I'll be around a lil while longer, but I'll probably head to sleep soon. Just FYI.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    No matter who the last scum is/are, they're taking a huge gamble.

I realize I'm still suspicious, and that no matter what or how I argue that's never going to change, unfortunately. At this point nearly every argument that can have been made has been, and we're just trying to figure out who's the best liar/liars. I've interjected my opinion generally only when I had something relevant to say, which admittedly hasn't been often the last couple days between work and being generally unavailable. (You can check my in-game rep or the skype groups to confirm that I haven't been as active anywhere, but that's irrelevant here.)

Pretty much the only people I can even conceivably see as lone scum at this point are Ssaliss, whose night action is unconfirmable by his own choice and who's been really aggressive at points, and Siam, who I don't believe anyone mentioned a vision from him today? Could be wrong on that point, but even if I'm not I doubt he's the scum just from the way he's been acting and the fact that we've already turned the Consigliere.

Sylandra blocked Shaddus, who was therefore blocked, and Azureus' bejewelled mongoose tapped her on the shoulder, I don't have a night action, and Synkarin is proven town. If there're multiple scum left I'm fairly sure we're in trouble anyway, but that adds the extraordinarily remote scenario I laid out earlier wherein the scum are Azureus and Sylandra, Sylandra blocked and covered for Azureus's kill. But at this point that'd have to be one of the most convoluted and riskiest plans I'd ever seen, and is so far beyond the pale that I'm only even bringing it up as a game-theory discussion more than a this-game-theory.

Still going to wait on Siam for now. We're short on options, so may as well take our time.
  • Ssaliss claimed vision from Siam.

If Siam is scum, I'd be very surprised. While I guess there's nothing explicitly town about the vision role and we could have gotten by without it, it's still been consistently used and helpful.
    Haezon said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Odd...This is the first time Siam gave a vision without a bolded post in the night phase, then.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    VOTE SSALISS
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Ssaliss did not jail himself last night. Otherwise, I would've gotten a failed vision message(I sent a vision of Shaddus to Ssaliss). WHICH I DID NOT GET. Ssaliss did not jail himself AND Saran dying on top of that? ALL SIGNS POINT TO SSALISS BEING SCUM!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

So right now we have four for Ssaliss: Siam, Shaddus, Sylandra, Sidd. Add your vote and we all get to be drag queens, @Luce.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

#bringShikariback 

OMG.

Daraius said:
  • I'm not sure the jail would prevent the vision -- especially since a vision of Shaddus is exactly what Ssaliss claimed. But that's moot, since 4 clinches it.

Extra vote Ssaliss just so it's unanimous. Time to all walk forward together.
    Haezon said:
    I get to be Chi-Chi Rodriguez in the next game.
    Nobody ever listens to Shaddus. It's like I just talk to myself, rambling into the night. I told you guys he was scummy, but noooooo. :P
    Shaddus said:
    Nobody ever listens to Shaddus. It's like I just talk to myself, rambling into the night. I told you guys he was scummy, but noooooo. :P
    WELL OK but think about it, if he is scum that means he lied through his teeth about being targeted in the night, which means that whole scuffle was something different than we expected.

Y'all don't think they targeted Allyrianne, then capitalized on her being gone, do you? Maaaaan that would be shady.

Daraius said:
  • Ssaliss said:
    Oh, and just so I don't forget, I got a vision of Shaddus tonight that mentioned two older brothers. The oldest is called Kennen, and is more concerned with appearances than the two younger brothers. The two younger brothers are more into pranks. The rest we already know.

It still doesn't confirm him being either town or scum, of course, so the information was generally without any real use.
    Quoting this for relevancy. The vote can't be undone at this point. And it's not hard for Siam to have overlooked this post -- Luce did too, after all. Still, while it's not the most suspicious thing in the world, I do kind of wince and wish Siam had given any other reason before voting besides this.

Maybe worth blocking Siam tonight? But probably not more than Luce? Hm. Glad it's not my decision there.
    Haezon said:
    At this point I'm waiting to see if it's game over. I was so mindblown at my potential Allyrianne theory that I checked out when exactly she left the game, and it turns out that it was the end of the dayphase at the same time that Enyalida left the game. So I guess it's not possible they targeted the nk-immune Allyrianne after all then stole the glory for Ssaliss. But imagine if they could have. That'd have been Lifetime movie level of twist.

Here's the flavor text I keep going back to.
    Kiradawea said:
    What is supposed to be a restful night of sleep is interrupted by a loud growl of pain and the sound of fighting. Everyone rushes to the scene of the fight, but when they arrive they don't find... anything. Sure, there were signs of a struggle and all, but there's no body.

And no one seems to be missing either, when the group once more congregates. A headcount shows that everyone is still present. Ermine's pets have been beaten back once more. The labs have been lucky thus far...

but what really happened while everyone was sleeping?

And what will happen now?

It is now Hour 4 (Dayphase)

With 12 around, it's 7 to lynch.
    Obviously something happened. If Ssaliss is telling the truth, he was targeted. If Ssaliss is lying...

...then what happened?
    Daraius said:
  • One possible answer is that Ssaliss attacked Celina and was repelled by the fortune?
    Haezon said:
    !

That's possible. In which case, that would mean the fortune itself only blocked one kill, because all other times, the flavor text was different when the dayphase opened. 

Still, as someone who has faced the fortune text while attempting to roleblock, I saw it as just chasing after a mongoose until I got exhausted. Not sure if that's because Shu is an adorable game-loving fellow, or if that's a mongoose flavor thing. Hmm. Wondering if it would show up as a scuffle, is all, or if it'd be something cleaner. 

However, I do think it's been confirmed that having a fortune doesn't let you see who acted on you. It just lets you know that you're mongoosed. So in that way, it's a consistent theory.
    Daraius said: