Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• Dylara said:

I was pretty surprised that I got the letter too, it's not part of my role that I can communicate with other angels. I'd rather they buzz off actually because frankly, I'm awesome by myself.

Dylara, I'm curious why you'd claim this when you were completely depowered at this point.
  • Oops, yep, I did. While there's nothing to support that's who you are, claiming to be a God makes it possible for me to investigate that part at least.

For now, though, I'm fine with either Celina or Othero as a lynch target.
  • If this is lynch or lose, you're going to lose if you go after me. Which is generic and predictable and vague but it is what it is. My power is obvious to my role, I knew using it would make me look like a monster (because I am a monster). I did it because it was either that or hope I didn't get investigated and subsequently have to futilely explain why I was a monster not on the monsters side. We all know if I had been investigated before claiming, I would have been lynched in a heartbeat. I believe throwing my role out there would be more defensible than getting investigated (because my role reveals as monster.) Scum wouldn't do that, that would wait to be investigated because the odds are in their favor in that regard
  • If this is lynch or lose, you're going to lose if you go after me. Which is generic and predictable and vague but it is what it is. My power is obvious to my role, I knew using it would make me look like a monster (because I am a monster). I did it because it was either that or hope I didn't get investigated and subsequently have to futilely explain why I was a monster not on the monsters side. We all know if I had been investigated before claiming, I would have been lynched in a heartbeat. I believe throwing my role out there would be more defensible than getting investigated (because my role reveals as monster.) Scum wouldn't do that, that would wait to be investigated because the odds are in their favor in that regard
    "scum wouldn't do that"... Didn't you just explain why scum actually would do that? Why would the odds be in favor for them if they waited to be investigated, but against you if you waited to be investigated? Frankly, town and scum would act exactly the same in that regard; if it increases their odds of survival, they do it. Honestly, I would expect a rebel monster to act the exact same way you are acting. Then again, I would expect a non-rebelling monster to act that way too.

For me, it's far simpler: We have several confirmed or semi-confirmed gods or godly allies: Myself, Vivet, Yavina, Ieptix. We also have a very likely (although not yet confirmed) godly ally in Dylara. That leaves you, Silvanus, Krackenor and Othero. Several of you are lying, and I believe Silvanus (and, for the time being, Krackenor) above you and Othero. Is it possible that one of the five semi-confirmed or very likely town are lying? Of course it is. But if it comes down to it, why would I trust someone who only has her own words to back it up, as opposed to someone who have been investigated? Saying "they might have a power that lets them be investigated as a God" just doesn't hold enough weight when it comes down to it, at least not for me.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Krackenor said:
    Dylara said:

I was pretty surprised that I got the letter too, it's not part of my role that I can communicate with other angels. I'd rather they buzz off actually because frankly, I'm awesome by myself.

Dylara, I'm curious why you'd claim this when you were completely depowered at this point.
    Woah. Wait, wait, when did Dylara say that? That... might be important to get back to, once we're out of MyLo.

I can see where Celina's coming from with her argument. It's more or less why Silvanus claimed so early (and why I waited to give him a chance before mentioning what was on the letter that I received from Ssaliss). The difference is that Silvanus could comfortably do this at a much earlier time because his rival was already dead.

• Vivet said:
    Krackenor said:
    Dylara said:

Woah. Wait, wait, when did Dylara say that? That... might be important to get back to, once we're out of MyLo.

I can see where Celina's coming from with her argument. It's more or less why Silvanus claimed so early (and why I waited to give him a chance before mentioning what was on the letter that I received from Ssaliss). The difference is that Silvanus could comfortably do this at a much earlier time because his rival was already dead.

My win condition was to defeat the monsters but it would've been better, fuller, win if I was the only surviving angel, as I would be a true beacon to the Jewish people. I have no way to ensure this, so I'm happy with just seeing the monster rebellion being put down. I can confirm I was sent by the most holy One with Gabrial and Raphael, but I'm sure they have their own motivations in this.

And I am awesome, how many of you are Michael the Archangel? None, that's who!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Dylara said:
    My win condition was to defeat the monsters but it would've been better, fuller, win if I was the only surviving angel, as I would be a true beacon to the Jewish people. I have no way to ensure this, so I'm happy with just seeing the monster rebellion being put down. I can confirm I was sent by the most holy One with Gabrial and Raphael, but I'm sure they have their own motivations in this.

And I am awesome, how many of you are Michael the Archangel? None, that's who!
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
  • Why? All I want now is to defeat monsters. I don't care about anything else anymore. 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Why? All I want now is to defeat monsters. I don't care about anything else anymore. 
    And since Luce died first night, I haven't the entire time we have been fighting.

It just makes things complicated. And... well, we'll see if anyone says anything else.
  • Sure, so long as the monsters die I'm happy!

I'll try one more time to ping @Yavina. We might need a replacement, maybe.
  • Ssaliss said:
    If this is lynch or lose, you're going to lose if you go after me. Which is generic and predictable and vague but it is what it is. My power is obvious to my role, I knew using it would make me look like a monster (because I am a monster). I did it because it was either that or hope I didn't get investigated and subsequently have to futilely explain why I was a monster not on the monsters side. We all know if I had been investigated before claiming, I would have been lynched in a heartbeat. I believe throwing my role out there would be more defensible than getting investigated (because my role reveals as monster.) Scum wouldn't do that, that would wait to be investigated because the odds are in their favor in that regard
    "scum wouldn't do that"... Didn't you just explain why scum actually would do that? Why would the odds be in favor for them if they waited to be investigated, but against you if you waited to be investigated? Frankly, town and scum would act exactly the same in that regard; if it increases their odds of survival, they do it. Honestly, I would expect a rebel monster to act the exact same way you are acting. Then again, I would expect a non-rebelling monster to act that way too.

For me, it's far simpler: We have several confirmed or semi-confirmed gods or godly allies: Myself, Vivet, Yavina, Ieptix. We also have a very likely (although not yet confirmed) godly ally in Dylara. That leaves you, Silvanus, Krackenor and Othero. Several of you are lying, and I believe Silvanus (and, for the time being, Krackenor) above you and Othero. Is it possible that one of the five semi-confirmed or very likely town are lying? Of course it is. But if it comes down to it, why would I trust someone who only has her own words to back it up, as opposed to someone who have been investigated? Saying "they might have a power that lets them be investigated as a God" just doesn't hold enough weight when it comes down to it, at least not for me.
    What? No. What kind of scum goes out of their way early in the game to draw attention to themselves, instead of playing the odds to avoid investigation? Your position isn't even a rational one. What kind of bizarro scum do you play? You expect scum to come out of the gate with day kills and drawing as much attention to themselves as possible, basically asking to be investigated knowing they'll reveal as a monster? You must not win often.
  • Frankly, I'm having a hard time arguing against it because it makes such little sense. It took three tries to come up with something that wasn't "wtf?"
  • So, let's see how it actually happened.
    Cyndarin said:
    Well this might get me murdered but it's down to the wire and it's this or random mod lynch. HERE GOES.

UNVOTE

Vote: Faalmis

Stonegaze Faalmis

Cyndarin said:
    I am Medusa and I am a monster on the god's side. So investigations will show up as monster. 

So I'm banking on being so obvious that you won't kill me! 
    How, precisely, is that an early reveal? After that, there's the garbled message that mentions "that was such a waste for us", the very night after you stonegazed Falmiis. I believe that you used that stonegaze to throw one of your allies under the bus in order to essentially cement you as being town.
  • ^ That basically sums up my thoughts about Cyndaquil.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • So... What's our votecount? Has only me and Vivet voted so far?

C'mon, people, toss your hats into the ring!
  • There's been so much back and forth I'm not even sure who you voted for.

• Sorry for my absence, friends. I'll try and see if I can add anything helpful. (going to throw this role playing thing out of the window for now. Just not feeling up to it.)

I'll start off with what's most recent, and note that that was a good thing to point out ssaliss. I was more fishy about the prospect that medusa was offered something by the gods, when as far as I am aware of the legend, she hates them after what they did to her during their petty squabbles, but never mentioned it because it escaped my mind.

I'd also like to confirm that I did in fact doctor at least twice... Ssaliss was the first, and then under the request of vivet with the whole investigation thing, I was on call for Krackenor (i'm so sorry for calling you Kracken ;~:)
    This began after the dedicated doctor perished.

I'm good with lynching Othero. In character or not, I still think setting up lynches is still scum worthy. SO, in my opinion so far, Vote Othero Because not only was he lying this entire time, but being powerless and just trying to set up people to be hanged is just, ick. Also, just one additional thing... Being a two-three headed dog, perhaps othero's vote counts as more than one..? Just a random thought, I didn't look at any vote records.Could be why he keeps wanting to vote last.
  • Ssaliss said:
    So, let's see how it actually happened.
    Cyndarin said:
    Well this might get me murdered but it's down to the wire and it's this or random mod lynch. HERE GOES.

UNVOTE

Vote: Faalmis

Stonegaze Faalmis

Cyndarin said:
    I am Medusa and I am a monster on the god's side. So investigations will show up as monster. 

So I'm banking on being so obvious that you won't kill me! 
    How, precisely, is that an early reveal? After that, there's the garbled message that mentions "that was such a waste for us", the very night after you stonegazed Falmiis. I believe that you used that stonegaze to throw one of your allies under the bus in order to essentially cement you as being town.
    How is it not an early reveal? Did you, or anyone, prompt me to use my very public power? (hint: the answer is no) I can't tell if you are intentionally being obtuse or letting your suspicions write the narrative. You just quoted a reveal, which started with an unsolicited power, and are actually asking me how is that a reveal. *mind blown*

You are also ignoring the message that has Marcella's name in it. Why are you cherry picking the context you want to use?
  • "..l ..ree for now, taki.. out ...... ...ld be best. W.. ca.. neglect Marc... .. .o. long, th...., and I'm de.....init.. go...g to .... for S....... as the ..xt tar....."

As best as I can tell, the full message is such: "All agree for now, taking out ???* would be best. We can't** neglect Marcella for*** too long, though, and I'm definitely going to push for Synkarin as the next target."
  • How I'm simultaneously being neglected by scum AND wasting their time while being part of them is truly a paradox I cannot solve. 
    Whew, okay! We still have Yavina for sure. I'm way more confident in investigating one more time now.

I think the day is drawing to an end. It's Yavina and I voting for Othero right now, and Ssaliss voting on Celina.

Is there anything else we need to discuss at this point?

• Yavina said:
    Sorry for my absence, friends. I'll try and see if I can add anything helpful. (going to throw this role playing thing out of the window for now. Just not feeling up to it.)

I'll start off with what's most recent, and note that that was a good thing to point out ssaliss. I was more fishy about the prospect that medusa was offered something by the gods, when as far as I am aware of the legend, she hates them after what they did to her during their petty squabbles, but never mentioned it because it escaped my mind.

I'd also like to confirm that I did in fact doctor at least twice... Ssaliss was the first, and then under the request of vivet with the whole investigation thing, I was on call for Krackenor (i'm so sorry for calling you Kracken ;~:)
    This began after the dedicated doctor perished.

I'm good with lynching Othero. In character or not, I still think setting up lynches is still scum worthy. SO, in my opinion so far, Vote Othero Because not only was he lying this entire time, but being powerless and just trying to set up people to be hanged is just, ick. Also, just one additional thing... Being a two-three headed dog, perhaps othero's vote counts as more than one..? Just a random thought, I didn't look at any vote records.Could be why he keeps wanting to vote last.
    Oh god damnit don't do that. Why would I make up such a ridiculous limit on myself? How would my vote count for more then one? Look at the vote counts, that never happened. And voting for me just because I lied in mafia is a silly reason and you're going to lose. Everyone in mafia lies. At least wait for Krackenor to use his power on my post, don't end the day without him using that power. 

Vivet said:
    Whew, okay! We still have Yavina for sure. I'm way more confident in investigating one more time now.

I think the day is drawing to an end. It's Yavina and I voting for Othero right now, and Ssaliss voting on Celina.

Also when my first post today comes back as true I expect you to go after Vivet, the person trying to rush the day to a close. 
    Vivet said:

Othero said:
    Also when my first post today comes back as true I expect you to go after Vivet, the person trying to rush the day to a close.

Day 5 started on March 30th. Is "rushing the day" the best you got?

Nevermind that I did pretty openly encourage Krackenor to use that power on you - emphasizing it as likely being required in order to change my mind.
  • Since people seem to prefer Othero to Celina, I'll just

Unvote

Vote: Othero
  • Can we get a vote count? 

• We should be at 3/5.
  • Okay, the whole lying thing is pretty suspect. I'm going to throw my vote on to Othero as well. He still has a chance to explain himself and prove he's not a monster (though he really seems to be).

Vote: Othero