Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• Is this thing still going?
  • "It's nice to be back, isn't it Pollux?"

"Yeah. Vacations are fun and all, but I'm looking forward to getting back to work."

"Me too. You think there's something to come back to though? I mean, we did leave them all alone for two weeks. A lot could happen in two weeks?"

"Like what?"

"Like, they could have trashed the whole set. Or gotten bored and started an all out assault on each other. Or there could be... sock puppets?"

"Sock puppets? Hah. Be serious here. We're dealing with adults."

"No. I'm serious. Look. There's a small sock puppet you on the floor here. Look at how cute he is. "Haaaai Everybody! I'm Pollux. I like bitter teas and long walks on the beach." It's a perfect replica."

"Ey. I prefer long walks in the forest! And why's there a sock puppet of me... and you? And... tsch. They've killed Aerdureth."

"What? Aww man. When? How? Why? Are you sure we can't cheat and let her survive?"

"Jean. Kid. Unless you're secretly Jesus I don't think we can resurrect the dead. And even then, it seems she killed herself. Probably after experiencing some horrible trauma. Involving sock puppets. Will you do the honours?"

"Oh fine. Lemme just look through all the fanmail we've gotten and..."

---
    Aerdureth was

Morgan Le Fay: You are the legendary Morgan Le Fay, known from Arthurian legends. A powerful fey of... ambigious morality and a lot of ambition. It's that ambition that seems to remain stuck in public opinion as your primary characteristic. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Ambition is the key to change and progress after all. The will to change and upheave the status quo. It's your greatest asset, and it's what makes you dangerous. Far more than your magical power and charm, though they're pretty dangerous too. Either way. Power, charm, ambition, doesn't matter how. You've got your little army, and with it, it's time to take down the gods.

Role: You're the mafia leader. Your mafia allies are scrubbed. You win when all the Gods and their servants are dead.

Study: If you are not performing the mafia kill that night, you can study someone. If they're a God, (or count as one for investigative purposes at least), you will learn what powers they wield. If they're not a God, you learn that they're not a god.

Enchant: If you are not performing the mafia kill that night, nor studying someone, you can enchant someone, assuming control of their vote for the next day only. They will act normally until a trigger phrase, chosen at the time of their enchantment, after which you can message me their vote, and they'll be locked on that vote for the rest of the day.

---

"Man... the coolest mafia role is dead..."

"Eh. There's plenty more... interesting things going on here."

"Like what?"

"Heh. If you don't know, I think I won't tell. I'm going to start the night. And instead of wondering what other roles may be out there, let's try to figure out a way to engage people some more. We've got to make it up to them for having to wait for so long."

It is now Night 4

You have 48 hours to get in all your night actions.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited March 2016
    "Morning Jean. It's a new dawn and it's time to get this show on the road."

"Mphm. Did anything exciting happen last night?"

"Only something very slightly exciting. You know the missing spider thread and the angel feathers? We're finally gonna learn who kept them all hidden."

"Oooh. Nice. What happened? Who's dead?"

"Ellowyn. She has disappeared entirely."

---
    Ellowyn was

Chang'e: You are Chang'e. A chinese goddess of the moon. Your husband shot down the suns when they were scorching the world and for this he was rewarded with the elixir of eternal life. Before he could drink it with you, his apprentice tried to steal the elixir for himself, and to stop that you drank the elixir before you fled to the moon. Now you reside there with your Jade Rabbit, desperately working on re-creating the medicine for your husband. You weren't even really planning on being here in the first place, but with all this death and chaos happening, this might be a great place to gather the ingredients that you need.

Role: You are a God, but this war does not concern you. To win, you must acquire the following items. A spider's thread. An angel's feather. And an apple of youth. You win when holders of these three items die while you're still alive.

Moon prison: You can hide yourself away in the moon to make yourself untargettable for a whole night. However, you can only do this once.

Jade Rabbit: You can not speak, instead you must have your companion, the jade rabbit, speak for you. Due to this, the truthfulness of what you're saying can't be determined. Any attempts to discern the truthfulness of your words will return no result.

---

"Chang'e? Man, we've really got divinities from all over. Though I'll admit, I don't know all that much about Chinese mythology."

"We do. I'll be happy to tell you more about her later. For now, we need to get the day started."

"Wait. Before we do that. Aren't we nearing the end-game now? I mean, at this point, we got to have reached the point where the game may potentially end, right?"

"That... is entirely correct."

The game has entered MyLo

It is now Day 5.

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh, huh. So it was a rabbit and not a cat? How confusing.

And this investigation was... interesting. Shall I forward my message to you, Ssaliss, to confirm what I know?

Also, Dylara - do you have no investigation power of your own? Just a simple yes or no. There's no need to reveal anything else.

Also, the apple of youth that has been mentioned in Ellowyn's reveal has me convinced that Yavina is Idunn as she had said. Hmm hmm.
  • I'm willing to accept that, particularly in light of an angel giving me a message stating that Yavina is a God.
    So let's see...

Vivet = ???
    Ssaliss = Not monster
    Ieptix = Not monster
    Krackenor = Thing with megaman-absorbing power dealie?
    Dylara = claims to  be angelic
    Celina = Medusa
    Othero = Cerberus
    Yavina = Claims Idunn, the presence of an apple of youth in the game as suggested by Ellowyn's role helps to cement this.

There's supposed to be an Empusa out there. There are three angels, but one of them (Shaddus) is dead.

Are you not Empusa, Krackenor?

Oh, I totally forgot Silvanus! He's Danzaborou. Hmm hmm hmm.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yes I am still here and still am the same thing. I still have one useage of power left to save myself or to day block like I did with Aerudeth. I must've missed the 3 angels thing, are you assuming Dylara is also an angel?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    It's something I have learned in due time. Or, well. I suppose there's a possibility there are more than three angels, maybe, but only three I know the names of. If there was more than three, someone would have to be lying about their identity.
    Oh, and looking back at Shaddus' role sheet, all three are named right there! Convenient.
  • It was mentioned in Shaddus' death: Rafael, Gabriel, and Michael are in the game. 

Regarding recent events, I am not Empusa, which I understand makes things complicated with Othero's claim. I have suspicions, but I want to hear how other folks' nights went first.

Incidentally, I have my lie detection back and am itching to use it.
  • Vivet said:

Also, Dylara - do you have no investigation power of your own? Just a simple yes or no. There's no need to reveal anything else.

I currently have no powers, and will not for the rest of the game. Someone's still sending me letters but it was just to tell me Ellowyn was a God which.. well, she was!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Dylara said:
    I currently have no powers, and will not for the rest of the game. Someone's still sending me letters but it was just to tell me Ellowyn was a God which.. well, she was!
    Hmm! Then there's one too many letters going around each day. Seems fishy.

Krackenor's powers seem like they could be derived from Empusa, kind of. Sort of. Maybe. It's hard to say. Empusa is a weird demigoddess thing and isn't consistently represented with any specific powers or abilities that I can find when I read up on her. So I guess that leaves you all with this question - do my powers seem to correspond with Empusa in any sensible way?

I do think Othero is rather stuck. I don't think Empusa is real. If he convinces you all to lynch me, and he doesn't leave the game when I do... what will he have left? He'll just die next, I guess. Sounds tough. No matter what, seems to be game set and match.

Oh, hmm. You currently have no powers, and won't for the rest of the game? Then, given Falmiis' power... did you have a one shot kill you used on Luce? There's been no more deaths with cuts and burns since.
  • Yeah, it was a poor choice. I'm deeply depressed about it and have sworn never to kill again. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Okay, that makes sense. While it has been suggested that it could have been Empusa, you've also been ruled out as not being an option (yes/no? - the whole shrouding of that lynch train made it confusing), and there are certain angels known for wielding flaming broadswords.

I still want to hear from you, @Ssaliss! Do you want me to confirm what I know with you? Or perhaps share it with someone else?

And I know Celina's been about too, as well as Othero! Don't be shy! Speak, speak.

• Just woke up, so I'll hold off on posting until I get back from work. Since we're in LyLo at this point, I want to gather my thoughts first.
  • Ok, I'm going to come clean, there's no Empusa. I know, shock and surprise. Considering it is lynch or lose I don't want to screw this up for anyone and would like to see as many people win as possible. I am Cerberus. There is no Empusa. I am not allied with the monsters or the gods. I win by being the last lynch 3 times. I lied because we were getting nowhere and I needed to push people to make a move at something or I'd never win. I don't have any actual info to give. I just don't want to try to push the lie and screw myself or the rest of the group. Krackenor, if you want to use your skill on this post feel free, it will show that it is all true.
    Oh, wow! Okay. If Krackenor hasn't done his thing yet already, then that's an intriguing option for his power.
  • I think some people (coughcoughotherocough) have royally screwed the game with their fake claims, and leading us on wild goose chases. This game seems ripe with survivor roles and weird win conditions. 

I have no idea. I need to read over it all again later.
  • Except it looks like a good portion of the mafia is gone? And really, I wouldn't of started a goose chase if people were willing to chase. Multiple day phases with people being unwilling to move and make votes was screwing me.
  • Okay. Let's see here:

First, there are nine of us, and we're in MyLo. That means (most likely) three scum remaining, and that one of the rest isn't counted against the limit. If we lynch a scum, we're at seven and two tomorrow (or six and two, removing the one that doesn't count). If we mislynch, we're at seven and three or six and three tomorrow, which means the game is potentially over.

This leaves us with three possible options that I can see:

1. Mass-claim, and lynch someone that seems to be an odd one out.
    2. Don't mass-claim, and lynch one of the people who currently seems to be the odd one out.
    3. Mass-claim, and vote for no lynch, giving our investigators another night to do their stuff, hopefully ferretting someone out.
    4. Don't mass-claim, and vote for no lynch, giving our investigators another night to do their stuff, hopefully ferretting someone out.

Of note: So far, we have me, Ieptix and Dylara who seem to be safe bets for town, and I'm willing to toss Vivet into that mix as well, given that Ellowyn vouched for her. I also think it's relatively unlikely that she's scum, since they already had one investigator killed. This leaves Silvanus, Krackenor, Celina, Othero and Yavina. I'm personally more inclined to believe that Yavina is town (although that might be bias seeing how I'm Swedish, and Idun is a Norse goddess). I'm also inclined to believe Silvanus, given his early claim and it fitting with Luce. It would also fit with us being in MyLo, which would mean that he doesn't count in the win condition (seeing how he's a survivor). This would mean that the three scum are, by process of elimination, Krackenor, Celina and Othero.

So, @Vivet: Hold off on revealing my role for now, but if it comes down to a mass-claim (which I see as a definite possibility), feel free to.

• Erm, I apparently wrote three options when I meant four. Aaaanyway...

I also just realised that Idunn is likely the one who saved my bee-hind the other night. Odds are she fed me an apple of youth or something similar which kept me alive. Thus, I'm even more inclined to add her to the list of likely town.
  • (What is MyLo?)
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Mis-lynch and lose. It means the game is at a state where the town will lose if they mis-lynch.
  • (Short for "Maybe Lynch or Lose". It's a game master notification that the game can end in the loss for the town if they make a wrong lynch this day. This can be anything from "even if you make a mistake, there's still that slim chance the doctor will save your butt from scum", to "unless you do everything wrong, there really isn't that much to worry about today".

There is also LyLo which is "Lynch or Lose". That one only shows up if town *has* to lynch a scum member that day or otherwise lose.)
  • There are four scum left. Between everything I've heard here and from the dead, I believe they are Celina and Othero in one group and Krackenor and (maybe) Ssaliss in the other. Ssaliss is the only one I'm not certain of. Don't believe Othero's lies. The broken mafia messages are from Celina's group. Aerdureth was part of it. Falmiis was grouped with Krackenor and Ssaliss. If you have day kills left, use them today. My Queendom needs more subjects. -micdrop-
  • Tekora said:
    There are four scum left. Between everything I've heard here and from the dead, I believe they are Celina and Othero in one group and Krackenor and (maybe) Ssaliss in the other. Ssaliss is the only one I'm not certain of. Don't believe Othero's lies. The broken mafia messages are from Celina's group. Aerdureth was part of it. Falmiis was grouped with Krackenor and Ssaliss. If you have day kills left, use them today. My Queendom needs more subjects. -micdrop-
    Why would I of exposed a broken mafia message if it was from my group? Why would I of gotten one? The message wasn't a lie.