Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• A few thoughts and questions since last night:
    • Given Yavina's post, I really want to clarify that I am not the Kracken. I'm sure it was just meant to be an abbreviation of my name, but I need to be clear given the subject matter. 
    • Despite Aerudeth vouching for me, I'm leery of his explanation
    • If Tekora's message is factual (she has no reason to lie, but she may be lied to) then the garbled messages may not be as useful as we thought. They could be from one or both groups and may target the Gods or the other monster faction.
      • If it's helpful though, the people mentioned in the messages are Marcella/Celina, Synkarin, Ellowyn, Vivet, Yavina/Celina
    I still think Aerudeth is our best bet for now, but given my failed intuition last time, I'll let others take the lead on this one.
  • Krackenor, if you vote for Aerudeth again I'll place the final vote. I'm solidly for voting for Aerudeth, I think the defense she gave is weak and no one else seems to have info that will shed light on a better pick.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Guys.  Aerdureth.  Please.

• Xenthos said:
    Shoo. If you want to play, then sign up next time :D
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    (think he's just correcting the spelling)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Complicated names. :p

So what are we doing? Are we saying it's Aerdureth? Despite her claim?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Well, personally I still think it's Aerdureth. The only reason I'm not voting is to prolong the day, essentially.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ssaliss said:

Xenthos said:
    Shoo. If you want to play, then sign up next time :D

I am not playing. I am pointing out a consistent trend that is aggravating!
  • Othero, I'm already voting for AERDURETH (sorry!). We can end the day at any time with Ssaliss and your vote, but info from last night is still being revealed and pored over, and I think we should hold off until it's all out in the open.

...Of course, knowing my luck somebody's going to turn out to have a day kill and then the tune will be all 'I KNEW KRACKENOR WAS STALLING FOR THE MAFIA KILL KILL KILL KILL'
  • crap, sorry, work posting made my last post a total mess. Prolonging the day makes sense. We do still have people who probably have things to post.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So, I stumbled into an issue with Tekora's theory. Falmiis' win condition only mentions the gods and their servants. If there's another group, wouldn't eliminating them be included in his win conditions? Iunno, I might just be a bit stircrazy now and just pouncing at things while we wait.

Also seems really strange to me that no one's throwing any investigation suggestions towards me at all. Are people too afraid to talk because who they direct me toward might reveal some form of alignment? Hmm hmm.

• Well to be honest, I would be interested to see what comes up if you investigated Ssaliss and Krackenor.  I've always thought they were a little suspicious, but it did confuse me that they'd vote for Aerdureth, considering I'm suspicious of her too.  Mind you, if there ARE two mafia groups, then it would make sense.  Falmiis and Aerdureth on one, Ssaliss and Krackenor on the other.
  • I'll throw my vote behind investigating one of Ssaliss or Krackenor. Alternatively, Celina seems a reasonable suspect as well; she's the only person I can think of who could have prompted that "waste for us" bit that came through Othero's message, unless there was a hidden power somewhere during yesterday (like the double votes in Silvanus's game) which while possible, I find unlikely.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • "Why the long face Pollux? You out of popcorn or something? I don't mind sharing."

"Thanks, but no. It's not that. You remember Nick?"

"Hrm? Of course I do. He's still my mentor, even if the higher ups had you replace him. Why?"

"Well, he's managed the perfect revenge. A forced mid-season hiatus to make way for a marathon show about a religious pilgrimage. It'll be pretty all-encompassing of our time, so for the next two weeks, updates will unfortunately be sporadic and random, with no guarantee that they'll actually happen. Though at least this means that there'll be no time-limit on nights and days during this period. To the gods and troublemakers, all I can say is that we're sorry."

(Internet will be sporadic for the next 10 days. I'll update when I can, but I can't guarantee internet access.)

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • You are more than welcome to investigate me, though since I have told the truth the entire time it would be a wasted usage. I'd look for confirmation of the more mysterious types like Yavina, or maybe on Dylara, since we know very little about her.
  • I welcome investigation myself, whatever helps the God's win.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• For the record, I'm also fine with being investigated.

It also seems like this day is starting to die down a bit. Would anyone object horribly to me (or someone else) coordinating with Othero in order to let him get the last hit in?
    Hmm. If I'm not mistaken, this is the list from Synkarin's lynch group, yes?

Othero, Yavina, Ssaliss, Krackenor, Lavinya, Vivet, Aedureth, Tekora

Right now, on Aerdureth, we have: Vivet, Ellowyn, Krackenor.

If both Ssaliss and Othero vote to seal the deal, and we get that Empusa did not vote, then that brands Yavina.
    But if Othero is told that Empusa did vote to lynch, that might be one too many options left open. Certainly, if we continue this route, then there's no reason for me to investigate Yavina, however. That either clears or confirms her by itself. If anyone thinks it is more useful for us to go Dylara->Othero for the final votes instead, you may suggest so. Else, we will proceed and I will definitely not investigate Yavina.

@Silvanus and @Celina, are you sure you have no input to provide?

• Didn't Silvanus also vote for Aerdureth, or did I miss him unvoting or something?

Either way, despite that we can't be sure that Othero's clue for tomorrow will be who voted, I'm fine with someone who didn't vote for Synkarin to vote before Othero does. It does have its merits to go that route.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Nothing useful. I, for one, an immediately suspicious of people who 'welcome investigation' when they know full well investigation is wacky this game so far as alignment is concerned. The investigation scheme, on a fundamental level, is flawed and we know this based on multiple claims (including myself and Silvanus) and revealed survival roles that would have investigated as god side. If you investigate me, I return as am monster. If you kill me, I will prove as town.

I've been quiet because Ieptix keeps calling me suspicious cause he's a jerk. 
    I've had lots of varying suspicions and unease on a lot of things, but at this point I think maybe the best course is to investigate Ssaliss. What Yavina suggested does seem intriguing - what if there is no Empusa? Ssaliss is going to be one of the few remaining options left and we honestly know the least about him.
  • I get the worry about my claim but I think I've done enough to show I'm not a rebelling monster. I was obviously going to vote for Faalmis before Celina ended the day early. I'm for voting for Aerdureth who has very strong evidence against them. And if I'm not scum then this is a really elaborate goose chase to cover up what?
  • Hmm. @Othero, no one has really spoken out either for or against @Vivet's idea, and it seems she'll investigate me either way this night, so I should be cleared through that anyway. I'll leave it to you; do you want me to vote so you can end the day, or would you rather wait for someone else to put the penultimate vote in?
  • @Ssaliss Lets have you vote and then I'll put on the last one. 
  • Okay.

Vote: Aerdureth
  • Vote: Aerdureth
    It's going to be a long night.
  • Or, as it turns out, a long summer's evening.