"So what you're telling me that every belief is true, and that this convergence is the clash of those beliefs?"
"You make it sound more noble than it is. What we've got here is essentially politics."
"Either way, why are we interested in observing this phenomena? I mean, yeah okay, all monsters and gods are real and they do stuff. But even so what they do hasn't been relevant for the rest of us for ages. We live in an enlightened society, where we no longer need to bow knee to the gods, or fear the monsters that lurk in the night."
"Every belief is true, and every religion is false. You know how that work? Because belief is personal, while religion is determined by groups. There's no such thing as a collective truth. Oh sure, the monsters and gods we see here, they may claim allegiance to whatever cause that public opinion deems worthy or good at the moment, but you can bet your soul that several of them have their own motivations for being here."
"That still doesn't explain why we're here."
"Well, I could spin some spiel about the importance of knowing who wins this struggle. I could tell you about the importance of studying motivations. Of knowing what kind of god or monster that'll next enter the mind of the public, and gain power from that popularity. But in all honestly, the primary reason we're here is because it's the best realityshow you're ever gonna watch."
Elegant and finely crafted rules for your enjoyment.
1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. Vote Kiradawea)
Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens
after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the
target below the minimum threshold.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread
during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM.
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement
player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message
me for a waitlist!)
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.
You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point
that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I
reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game
about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun
with it. But most importantly, be respectful.
11. The game will not end as soon as someone has reached a victory condition. Instead, the game will continue until everyone has either won or lost.
12. Dayphases will last no longer than a RL week. If seven days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
13. Nightphases will last no longer than 48 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.
Anubis: Serial Killer : Ieptix
Ratatoskr: Trickster : Vivet
Morgan le Fay: Mafia : Aerdureth
Arachne: Mafia : Lavinya
Dullahan: Mafia : Falmiis
Medusa: Executioner : Marcella
Idunn: Lynch Immune : Yavina
Nemesis: Bomb : Krackenor
Ereshkigal: Medium Tekora
Archangel Michael: Vigilante : Dylara
Archangel Gabriel: Oracle :
Archangel Raphael: Doctor : Shaddus
Neutral third party:
The white fox of Inari: Vindicator :
Danzaburou-danuki: Vindicator :
Kerberos: Lyncher : Othero
Buddha: Zen Survivor : Synkarin
Chang'e: Outlaster : Ellowyn
End game players:
2. Celina (Town Executioner)
4. Ieptix (Serial Killer)
7. Silvanus (Lyncher/Survivor)
10. Vivet (Trickster)
1. Shaddus (Killed night 1. Town doctor.)
8. Luce (Killed night 1. Lyncher)
15. Synkarin (Lynched day 2. Zen Survivor. Lie-detector)
17. Tekora (Killed night 2. Town medium)
5. Falmiis (Lynched day 3. Scum dayvig)
13. Lavinya (Killed night 3. Role janitor'd)
16. Aerdureth (Lynched day 4. Mafia boss)
3. Ellowyn (Killed night 4. Outlaster)
9. Krackenor (Lynched Day 5. Role janitor'd)
11. Othero. (Bombed day 5. lynch-based semi-serial-killer)
12. Dylara. (Lynched day 6. Vigilante)
6. Yavina (Killed Night 6. Unlynchable)
14. Ssaliss. (Lynched day 7. Oracle)
It is now Day one. With 17 alive, it's 9 to lynch. All roles should be out. Let me know if you didn't get your role.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.