Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• One more thought, and it may just be because this is my first time playing...Is there anything stopping the non-voting player from typing Vote: Blahblah in bold and it just not counting towards the final total? If so, this exercise may not be so fruitful as we hope.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well, Kira puts out random vote counters, and we can guess it based upon that vote counter.

However!

In the mafia game that I just ran, I left it up to the Scum that if they wanted to show their double vote to being counted or not, so who knows what Kira has planned.  But it is at least better than the nothing that has been going on.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Yeah, it's entirely possible this self-voting will give us no information at all to go with. But things have just been so quiet that I figured going any route was better than just standing around and waiting.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Vote: Vivet

Unfortunately, I also just ended up with a family emergency tonight, and will need to be focusing on that for the foreseeable future. So sorry if I end up dropping away - I will try to be around to post when I can.

• Vote: Ellowyn
  • Votecount time:

Ssaliss: (2)
    Silvanus: (2)
    Tekora: (1)
    Lavinya: (1)
    Yavina (1)
    Vivet (1)
    Ellowyn: (1)

With 14 votes, it's 8 to lynch.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Since this is a thing we're doing I guess:

Vote: Ieptix
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Heeeey... Didn't Synkarin vote? Why isn't he on the board!
  • Could be that either @Kiradawea missed him, or he's the one without a vote. In which case, I'm rather curious about what @Synkarin has to say about that.
  • I didn't miss his vote.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Well, there we go then. Synkarin is the one without a vote.
  • Oh, and just to clear the board a bit:

Unvote
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    UNVOTE

Well that answers that. Now I wonder if it is a power of the scum preventing him voting, or a third party. It seems strange to be a pro-town power, especially if it's one off, unless someone was excited? It would seem the sort of power you'd want to use with an educated attempt to stop scum voting out an innocent.

But then Kira could have done any sort of triksy business and it doesn't give us any information at all!

• Yeah, it's impossible to answer that question at this point. It could, essentially, be anything at all, which is why I'm curious about what Synkarin has to say here.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Man - Yeah I gave up my ability to vote - in order to achieve total enlightenment

I'm Buddha and to win, I need to 1) survive and 2) reach total enlightenment by sacrificing certain things. The next sacrifice I need to make is my ability to speak, but it doesn't stop me from speaking, it only limits how much I can speak in a given day.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited February 2016
    I will second Ieptix and do what everybody else did.

Vote: Aerdureth

@Vivet: I hope that your emergency becomes better soon.
  • Synkarin said:
    Man - Yeah I gave up my ability to vote - in order to achieve total enlightenment

I'm Buddha and to win, I need to 1) survive and 2) reach total enlightenment by sacrificing certain things. The next sacrifice I need to make is my ability to speak, but it doesn't stop me from speaking, it only limits how much I can speak in a given day.
    Is that a permanent thing, or just a one-day thing?
  • Synkarin said:

Why wait to claim this? Why not just say it when all the speculation about who lost their vote came up?
    Why claim it early? No reason to play my cards unless I'm forced to

and it's permanent, I can't vote anymore. I've sacrificed it to reach enlightenment

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • That's not even close to being forced to make a full role-claim which is why I'm suspicious as to why the delay. And if that is your win condition then I'm not sure why you told us. It's like a fancy survivor role. Town most likely won't protect you because you don't provide anything to them, Mafia will target you if they have no one better to kill because they know you most likely won't be protected and any dead bodies helps them win. You claimed with no pressure and on the face of it made a move that does you no favors.
    I claimed because the cover was blown and it was out in the open

I'm not really sure what else you'd have me do - continue to deny it? No, my best bet was to come clean, anything else would just dig my grave further.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I mean what'd you expect? Me to just sit here and say 'yes, I gave up my ability to vote' with no further explanation? You think that'd fly?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Killing a survivor does not advance any win condition. They are better off guessing in the dark to kill a town, who gets in their way, as opposed to a survivor who can win alongside them.

What do you need to give up after your ability to talk, Synk?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    I'll find out after I give up my ability to talk

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Thing is, I can really see this in a Buddha role, and I can't imagine that Buddha would be among the monsters. On the flipside, though, survivor claims are pretty common among the scum. I'm not entirely sold on Synkarin being Buddha, but it's not really suspicious enough to vote for at this stage, I think.
  • So. This is our current post counts:

Ellowyn: 4
    Vivet: 6
    Othero: 7
    Yavina: 8
    Falmiis: 8
    Krackenor: 9
    Tekora: 9
    Silvanus: 10
    Ieptix: 10
    Lavinya: 11
    Aerdureth: 11
    Marcella (Banned): 12
    Synkarin: 13
    Dylara: 13
    Ssaliss: 21

If you're fine with offing the least active, as seems to be the case, we could just speed it along.

Vote: Ellowyn
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Aww poor Ellowyny is new to forums mafia. This is a difficult game to post in (so far) for the best of us. As is if we don't have a vote finalised she will be the one cut (at present) so I don't think we need to hurry her along. I think I'd rather see what else falls out if we shake the tree.

Vote Ieptix Because anyone who hangs out with spiders should probably die, either because they're evil or as a mercy.

• I'm just trying to point out that by not discussing and by sitting passively, people are at least passively voting for Ellowyn. I'd much rather see some real discussion happening, and an actual vote finalised, but if people are sitting idly by just waiting for the day to end, then they should at least vote actively instead of passively.
  • Unlynch
    Lynch Ellowyn

I actually completely forgot that it was the lowest activity people who would be lynched when the deadline passes.

I'm inclined to believe Synkarin. Would be a very elaborate lie if the role wasn't real.
  • Sorry, like Lavinya said I'm new and I'm kind of confused a bit as to what to do.

But if you need someone to lynch, then go ahead.  I feel bad that I'm holding things up.