Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• I like that I'm mentioned twice in the vote count list.
    Is that because I'm twice as important?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok time is closing and I'm not sure I want to leave it to fate (aka Kira) to decide who to lynch.

Vote Synkarin

I am nervous enough about what precisely he gains from giving up things to vote for him. Not being able to vote or speak in exchange for power over life and death, perhaps? While his claim wouldn't strike me as a killing role...I don't know. It would be so perfect to hide behind the role claim as being unarguably innocent while actually something else entirely.

• Ellowyn said:
    I like that I'm mentioned twice in the vote count list.
    Is that because I'm twice as important?
    I blame headaches making it hard to count. :-B
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I don't really know either, short of leaving it to Kiradawea..but spiders..

Vote: Synkarin

Survivors are weird.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ah man - don't do this!

Ok I'm at 6 votes so this is to save my skin.

I do have a power - it's a daytime power and I didn't reveal it before because I didn't want this attention. If you let me survive, we can use this power to either confirm someone or deny it.

I'm also assuming that after sacrificing my ability to speak (which is really just limiting it to 3 times a day), I'll have to sacrifice this power as well.

The power is that once per day, I can pick any post to see if it's true or not. It basically reveals each statement as 'true', 'lie' or 'opinion'

I used this on Tekora day one because his statement about talking even if getting lynched was the only real post that had some value to use it on (and I didn't want the day to end without using it) - his post was entirely true

I used it today on Silvanus post clarifying his information - which is mostly true. The only lie was 'I am supposed to outlive some individuals who are trying to take my island from me.' I don't really think that's a big deal, everything else about not being a monster, and not being a god, but being a Legend is true. 

If you let me live this night (and I'm not offed by the monsters). We can use my power each day to determine facts about someone. They can sit there and say 'I am a god' or 'I am a Monster' and I can analyze it and we can see what it comes back as. 

I only thing I gain by my sacrifices is that I'll win if I sacrifice everything I need to before the game is gone. I don't have to sacrifice anything if I choose not to.

Don't waste your lynch on me, I'm one of the good guys.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm not sure if I'm buying it. That seems really easy to lie about. Either you pick softball posts or just say everything is true. Someone could test you but that means we burn the power the next day and it won't be useful until the day after that. That's 2 nights that you need to be protected because a lie detector is a good target. That means we're spending 2 nights protecting someone who isn't town and has their own personal win condition.
    Buy it or not, the ball's in your court.

You can either take advantage of me, or you can waste a lynch.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • That's just.. weirder. So you would now have to be protected until you can be confirmed.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

It's up to you - my cards are all on the table. No one but Silvanus has revealed anything, and he's established that he's not a God or a Monster, but has some other win condition, so it's not like you know who else needs protecting at the moment.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I don't support voting for Synkarin. That would be just about the most convulted made up role claim ever.
  • Out of curiosity, is there a limit on which posts you can choose from? Does it have to be from the same day, or can it be from any day at all? I'm assuming the latter, but confirmation is always helpful.
  • Because I'm not sure of the count, I'm going to unvote for now so he doesn't get ninja'd while we're figuring this out.

Unvote: Synkarin

It doesn't specify if it's limited to that day or not. Taking it as it's stated, I can choose any post I want.  I can only use the power once a day though

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Right. In that case, I'll just post this:

I am not a rebelling monster.

I must see all rebelling monsters dead to win.

Feel free to investigate this post at any point, should you find me suspicious. If everyone posts this, we will have a second, day-powered investigator, which can be invaluable.
  • (also, if you turn out to be scum, I'm going to look so scummy it's not even funny :( )
  • I'm not buying it yet. @Synkarin. The crux of my argument against your role claim was that it was unlikely given the fact that you had no part left to play, and I've been saying it for a couple days now. Why wait so long to refute it?
    Are you really asking that? I literally said I'm only doing this because I was at 6 votes. Waiting until 7 meant that someone could snipe me and end the day before I even had a chance to respond, so I needed to play my hand to save myself.

My power is super strong. It can catch people in the act of lying, so even though my win condition has nothing to do with Monsters or Gods, I can still pose a threat. Why would I reveal that unless I'm feeling like I have no other choice. With only 4 votes, I was willing to wait on it rather than paint a target on my back.

Will you post like @Ssaliss did @Krackenor

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Here is the thing, if the power is real Synkarin has no reason to actually help the town. A power like that could easily be used to string along the town and help the mafia, something that would protect Synkarin and keep them from being lynched or night killed. It's a strong power but doesn't serve the town.

Also, if we don't lynch Synkarin then we're leaving the lynch to chance and may lose someone with a stronger power that is pro-town.

I'm going to Vote: Synkarin, that puts as at 6 if I am right about the count. Dylara re-voting and then one more will give us a lynch.
  • I'm a bit conflicted on Synkarin. One one hand I find it very convenient that he suddenly has more to add. On the other hand, like Celina said, this is a very convoluted role claim that I can see it being real.
    How bout you @Othero - will you make a post like @Ssaliss that can confirm/deny your role?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Will you post like @Ssaliss did @Krackenor

I'm happy to.

I am not a rebelling monster

I must see all rebelling monsters dead in order to win.

With that out of the way, it's pretty obvious that you're trying to deflect right now...first on me, then on Othero

• I am not a rebelling monster.

I must see rebelling monsters dead in order to win.
  • ... Why leave out "all" in the win condition?
  • Because I wrote it to my win conditions. I don't need to see all of the rebelling monsters dead, just some.
  • That is extraordinarily interesting. Do you have any information on the monsters then? How many? Who?
  • Sorry, I've not had much time to post recently which is why I've been silent. Um.

Regarding the Synkarin thing, given how convoluted his claim is, I find myself inclined to believe it. I mean, it's possible he's pulling a @Sylandra and lying through his teeth about it (something something obligatory salt), but I don't really see him gaining anything here.

That said, while I believe he has the power he's claiming, that doesn't mean he has to tell the truth about it. It is unlikely that he is compelled to tell the truth to us about what he learns from the posts; and, as someone (Othero?) claimed above, since he has his own unique win condition, he doesn't even have incentive to do so. If it suits him (e.g. if he wanted to deflect blame to avoid a lynching or if there was a particular person he wanted to see lynched), he could easily learn the veracity of a post and then use that information to spin whatever he wants; since only he and the person who made the post in question know the truth for sure (in most cases), it's just a matter of he-said/she-said, and it becomes impossible to actually trust what Synkarin said. He gets to just jump around all, "dance, puppets, dance!" while potentially leading us on.

So while I believe his claim, I haven't decided if keeping him around is a good idea or not. If we don't lynch him, we can basically just ignore everything he says and let him win (or maybe he gets KO'd by the mafia come night time). Or we lynch him because we don't want to deal with his forked tongue and because we really don't have anyone else to lynch. Idk.

Othero said:
    Here is the thing, if the power is real Synkarin has no reason to actually help the town. A power like that could easily be used to string along the town and help the mafia, something that would protect Synkarin and keep them from being lynched or night killed. It's a strong power but doesn't serve the town.

Also, if we don't lynch Synkarin then we're leaving the lynch to chance and may lose someone with a stronger power that is pro-town.

I'm going to Vote: Synkarin, that puts as at 6 if I am right about the count. Dylara re-voting and then one more will give us a lynch.
    (Fyi for a vote to count you need to have it in boldface)
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    I have nothing else to do but deflect.  I've literally laid all my cards on the table at this point. You can choose to believe it, or you could choose to not. If you have questions I can answer, I'll answer them. I don't really have a response to the 'I don't buy it' argument. 

As I said, ball's in your court.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well, we're now less than 12 hours away from the end of the day, which means we either lynch someone we have control over, or we lose someone at random. Personally, I much prefer to lose someone specific, rather than someone at random, and for that purpose I will

Vote: Synkarin
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Not even playing, but requesting vote count please!  O:-)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    The big thing is, you have information about me, and when you find out I'm actually telling the truth - you'll realize that you wasted a lynch.

My incentive to telling the truth is to stay in the game. If I say someone is lying when they're telling the truth or vice versa - it just ends up with you guys lynching me anyway. You won't believe anything I said up til now and will lynch me faster than @Avurekhos can spam fury (see what I did there).

At this point, there are two options. Lynch me (and waste it) or believe me and let me stay. The scum have incentive to kill me during the night because of my power, which saves town members and me staying in gives you insight. You have a better chance catching monsters by letting Kiradawea randomly modvig someone than you do lynching me, just saying.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.