Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    But you are all individuals.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Well the survivor role means you with when either side wins, and neither side has the immediate goal of trying to kill you aka "take your island." 

Your statement implies multiple people are trying to take your island, which would read as a lie if only Luce was trying to do it, since, as a survivor, no one's primary goal is you. 

Makes sense.

Either way, you're right in that you're not the best lynch target. 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    *win. 

Dammit
  • Nothing for me to report. I do find it interesting how there was only one kill given we had two on the first night though.
  • Checking in but I had an uneventful night. Nothing to add just yet.
  • I must admit Tekora seems to have an issue with Silvanus and maybe that's why she always votes for him.  I feel that if she had any evidence she would of said it instead of calling us nerds. 
  • edited March 2016
    Same as Othero. I am glad that I was not visited by spiders though. That sounds icky.
  • I think it is safe to say that Tekora doesn't actually have any information worth paying attention to :P If we find whoever is using the spiders can we all lynch them?
  • 100%. Spiders are always evil.
  • Also, I'm just having a look back and who went after Synkarin the most.

It's interesting.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm a little confused as to how or why Krackenor absorbed a watered down version of Synkarin's power.
  • Because I'm Megaman, apparently. It honestly surprised me too; I didn't know that I would absorb Syn's power when he died. 
  • Is Megaman your actual claim, or only a reference?
  • FoS: Krackenor

A few reasons:

1.  He was the main person to attack Synkarin; and
    2.  Absorbing someone's power doesn't seem like a 'good' (in an alignment sort of way) power to have for an angel.

• ...It's a reference. As far as I'm aware, Megaman isn't a God in any recognized religion.

As far as your suspicion goes, Ellowyn, you said you looked back at the previous day's posts. If you did, then you'd know that I was pushing Synkarin LONG before he claimed to have any sort of useful power due to the way he was acting. And, just as a point of clarification, I'm a god, not an angel, and not all gods are necessarily of the friendly kumbaya disposition. That doesn't mean that they don't side with the other godly types against mutual threats. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So, did anyone receive a message from an angel last night? The thing with Shaddus' missing feathers is still bothering me, along with the message about Silvanus I received prior. Maybe they are not related, but I feel like they are.
  • Nothing to report last night. Spiders have moved on, thank Odin*.

* This is a thing I say in real-life, I have no idea if Odin is involved in this game at all and is not related to any on-goings in the game.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • So regarding the spiders, I believe they are some sort of roleblock. I never got around to actually doing anything on night 1 (I thought there was another ~12hr before the day started because I am bad at time) but the message made it seem like a roleblock, and specifically mentioned that they interrupted me before I could even decide what to do for the night.

Because of this, Krackenor was likely roleblocked last night. Coincidentally (I use this word with a sense of verbal irony), there's one fewer death last night than previously. Also I can confirm that the mafia were specifically looking to target Synkarin yesterday, and Krackenor very specifically admitted a couple posts ago that he was pushing hard for him. I don't have hard evidence that Krackenor is a monster, but circumstantial evidence is strong.
  • How do you know the mafia was aiming for Synkarin?
  • I received a slightly garbled version of one of their private messages from night one. I'm not sure why, as it's not part of my role and didn't happen again during night 2. I'll post the message when I'm on a device with a proper keyboard.
  • Based on the message they give, the spiders are definitely a roleblocking tool; I said that they were ineffectual spiders because I have no night action to use.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That's pretty condemning coincidence but it possibly IS just coincidence, but suffice it to say I am suspicious of Krackenor.

• Okay, yes that's enough for me.

Vote: Krackenor
  • As you vote for me, Ellowyn, are you willing to do what Synkarin had us do yesterday? declare that you are God-friendly and that you win when the monsters lose? 
  • Okay, as promised, the mafia communication message I received. To reiterate, I have no idea why I received this, as it is not part of my role, and I received no such message for night 2.

"..l ..ree for now, taki.. out ...... ...ld be best. W.. ca.. neglect Marc... .. .o. long, th...., and I'm de.....init.. go...g to .... for S....... as the ..xt tar....."

As best as I can tell, the full message is such: "All agree for now, taking out ???* would be best. We can't** neglect Marcella for*** too long, though, and I'm definitely going to push for Synkarin as the next target."

* No way to know which name this is, as the number of periods don't match the lengths of either character who was offed on night 1.
    ** Neither of these words ("we can't") match the number of periods in the message, but I can't come up with any words that fit perfectly, and as with the previous point, there's obviously not a 1:1 correlation between periods and characters. Alternatively, there could have been typos here that were preserved, but either way I think the meaning is pretty clear (and the specific words don't matter here).
    *** Again, not a 1:1 matchup, but there's no other name that could fit there based on the letters provided.

Technically, I suppose the name referred to as the "next target" could be Ssaliss instead, but well, Ssaliss isn't the one who got lynched or had people pushing for him.

While this doesn't explicitly incriminate Krackenor, it does imply very strongly that at least one of the people pushing specifically for Synkarin's lynching is a baddie. Krackenor seems the most likely, and since he was roleblocked last night, it fits well with him having a key role in the mafia killings, since we were short a death last night. Yes, he says it was ineffectual, but, well, if he was a blocked mafia kill, he would, wouldn't he? Purjuring the fifth and all.

As for his claim about absorbing Synkarin's power, well, the argument I made about that in regards to Synkarin a few pages back apply here as well, but much more strongly. We have no way to verify that he actually has the power, he is not compelled to share the truth even if he does have the power, and we have no way to know if he even is telling the truth.

Because none of this is hard evidence, I'm not going to personally push for a lynch right away, and it's possible that a lot of this is just a big coincidence. However, I'm rather interested in a role/power claim by Krackenor. How did he supposedly absorb Synkarin's power, what other power(s) does he have, what god role does he supposedly hold, what he's done the past two nights, etc. Because right now, a solid claim is about the only thing I can see redeeming him.

Additionally, I'd hope someone else has something to add somewhere. It's been very, very quite since the start of day two.
  • Hmm. The first person could have been Tekora?
  • This was from night 1, Tekora was killed night 2. I mean, they could have been deciding what to do the next night, but that doesn't make sense to me.
  • I'm beginning to think there are three killers... or at least were. Birdy was savaged by monsters, Foxy was cut and burned, and then Zombie god just disappeared! If I'm right, then either someone lost their power or got role blocked, and the spiders have struck twice so... Based on the new lie detector Krackenor's idea of the spiders... Well... I hate to point fingers, but He himself is quite suspicious in that sense... And then, if I am right, and I hope I'm not, then... Unless i'm mistaken, he could be mafia, assuming he is a god... And assuming a god doesn't just make another one go POOF!
  • And, for the sake that I don't look like one of the bad guys, and lie detection!... I'm a god, and win when all those icky monsters are gone.
  • I was relatively hesitant to say this, but I might as well to clear some things up re: missing kill...

I was attacked by fey last night, and I'm only alive through someone feeding me... something. Not sure what it was, but it kept me alive at least. So the "savaged by monsters" thing is still around, it's just that I got lucky last night.

Also, if my hunch is correct, the "cut and burned" kill is likely a vigilante being overeager during the first night.