Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• Nah, it's not you holding things up. It's not exactly surprising that you're not very chatty in your first game. And, to be quite honest, I'd much rather not lynch you, but rather start prodding other people into action. We'll see what happens though.
  • Also, we have a little more than three days to go, so there's still time to prod and poke around.
  • Oh, also UNVOTE.

Might as well because I'm probably going to be voted off soon.
  • You know what, screw it. 

VOTE: FALMIIS

Falmiis voted for Silvanus not all that long ago, but now he has switched to me without much convincing after Ssaliss decided to vote for me to 'hurry' things along.  If Falmiis was truly suspicious of Silvanus, why would he switch so easily?  Taking someone potentially innocent out of the game for the sake of 'hurrying things along' doesn't cut it.
  • That's the spirit! Never give up, never surrender.
  • "Never give up! Trust your instincts!"

"Why're you quoting Star Fox? Also, I thought we were supposed to be neutral parties, not rooting for anyone in particular."

"I'm not, I'm just rooting for activity and discussion in general. Which is also why I'd like to clarify that the end-day kill isn't going to automatically go to Ellowyn, just because she has the fewest amount of posts. It'll be a random decision among everyone deemed "inactive", something that is determined as much by post content as by the number of posts. Right now, I can count on one hand the amount of players safe from the end-day lynch."

"You've got five fingers on one hand, right?"

"Err, of course I do? What kind of question is that?"

"Hey, you're the peculiar monster grown in an underground science laboratory. It's a highly relevant question."
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I wasn't suspicious of Silvanus at all. In fact I think he is just a survivor. I just believe he is the best choice given the fact that we know almost nothing about anyone else and Luce's role reveal made it sound like he has pretty strong powers.

However, it seems that now that discussion has died down we need to consider what will happen if the deadline passes. Kiradawea didn't say the person with the lowest amount of posts will be lynched, just that one of those who have the least amount of participation. This could really mean anything so I'd rather we picked someone rather than letting Kira decide for us.
  • You still say he is the "best choice", yet you vote for me instead of trying to sway the public to vote for him as well.  Would that not get things "moving" also?

And you didn't know that Kira would decide for us when you voted.  Up until that point, you agreed with Ssaliss (by voting for me) that the person with the lowest count would be lynched.
  • Umm yes, I did. I even acknowledged that I had forgotten about it and re-affirmed that it was the (one of the) lowest activity people, not necessarily the person with the least posts.

Falmiis said:
    I actually completely forgot that it was the lowest activity people who would be lynched when the deadline passes.

• I don't think Synkarin's telling the whole truth here. Something's fishy about making such a safe claim as Survivor, and why would Kiradawea create a role that needs to sacrifice increasingly important abilities and delay the win condition by at least 3 days (ie: make it difficult), if there was truly no reason for the Town OR the Mafia to waste time stopping him?

I think stopping him is exactly what we need to do.

Unvote

Vote: Synkarin
  • Oh sorry, my mistake, you did say that... but, wait a minute - that is even more confusing.  Ssaliss voted me for based on post counts - and you followed him in that logic anyway and voted for me too, knowing that it isn't what counts?

I don't know about the rest of you, but this makes you sound even more flakey.
  • Odds are he voted for you because he, not being very active himself, suddenly realised that he was in danger of being randomly selected to be a tributelynchee.

• Ellowyn said:
    Oh sorry, my mistake, you did say that... but, wait a minute - that is even more confusing.  Ssaliss voted me for based on post counts - and you followed him in that logic anyway and voted for me too, knowing that it isn't what counts?

I don't know about the rest of you, but this makes you sound even more flakey.
    If it was simply a case of Kira lynching whoever had the least posts then I wouldn't have wasted my vote on you. The fact that we didn't know how exactly she was going to decide who to lynch makes it even more important for us to actively lynch someone, even if it is just a matter of picking the least active by posts since that would be in our control.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Odds are he voted for you because he, not being very active himself, suddenly realised that he was in danger of being randomly selected to be a tributelynchee.
    My problem wasn't that he just voted for me, but that he had previously voted for Silvanus before and still believes he is the "right choice".  Like I said before, if that's the case, then he can become more "active" by trying to convince everyone to vote along side with him, but he didn't.  
  • Well... At this point, we have very little to go by, so I'm going to

Vote: Falmiis

because he was so quick and eager to jump onto a train. Yes, it's a flimsy reason, but heck, it's better than "vote for the one with the fewest posts".
  • Hrm...the general opinion seems to be divided between Falmiis and Synkarin now. However, I will vote for the latter because his sudden claim sounded fishy to me as well.

Unvote

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    In the case of Falmiis, I think his willingness and eagerness to dive at Silvanus right away is indicative of the fact that, like Luce, it may very specifically be part of his win condition. Silvanus has implied that there are more than one persons looking to take or reclaim the island of Sado, so it falls naturally into that line of behaviour. Definitely doesn't sound super-townish, but in the same stroke Silvanus didn't go out of his way to point this out either. Guess he's figuring that his rivals aren't really monsters either, and it's better not to focus on them just yet, perhaps?

I'm struggling to think of what else Synkarin could give up besides voting power and "speech". If he's started out as a vanilla role, then that's kind of it. Maybe I'm just not quite awake yet, or lacking in imagination, but what else is there? Either way, I feel like there has to be something more that we do not know which may or may not be damning.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I've told the truth about my win condition, what more do you expect?

Remember this is 'special' mafia. It's not typical.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • See, it wasn't really a sudden claim - he was kind of backed into a corner to reveal himself.  That's why I don't think it sounds too fishy, but I could be wrong.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Yeah, I have no doubts that there will be twists and turns with things in this game. That's precisely what's making it hard on me to decide on much of anything.

• Vivet said:
    In the case of Falmiis, I think his willingness and eagerness to dive at Silvanus right away is indicative of the fact that, like Luce, it may very specifically be part of his win condition. Silvanus has implied that there are more than one persons looking to take or reclaim the island of Sado, so it falls naturally into that line of behaviour. Definitely doesn't sound super-townish, but in the same stroke Silvanus didn't go out of his way to point this out either. Guess he's figuring that his rivals aren't really monsters either, and it's better not to focus on them just yet, perhaps?

I'm struggling to think of what else Synkarin could give up besides voting power and "speech". If he's started out as a vanilla role, then that's kind of it. Maybe I'm just not quite awake yet, or lacking in imagination, but what else is there? Either way, I feel like there has to be something more that we do not know which may or may not be damning.

It could be that he won't need to give up anything else; his win condition could, essentially, be "survive until the end of night three", where he ascends and leaves the game. Or wins and remains in the game. Or something else entirely.

This makes me somewhat wary about Danzaburou. If people who win the game leave the game, then by lynching him, I'd think those that oppose him (my guesstimate would be one, possibly two) would leave the game. Kira did say that "the game will continue until everyone has either won or lost", but not what would happen to those who win.

So... yeah. Complex game all around.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't have any indication that once I sacrifice enough for enlightenment I will win - it seems pretty clear I need to make it to the end of the game in addition to my sacrifices

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Relevant is this rule from the OP, probably:  
    11. The game will not end as soon as someone has reached a victory condition. Instead, the game will continue until everyone has either won or lost.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Yep. But the question is, what will happen to the people that win? Will they leave the game, seeing how they won it already, or will they remain in the game as "free agents", essentially playing without a clear goal, able to pick sides at will?
  • Winners (anyone who has completed their objectives) and Losers (anyone who can no longer complete any of their objectives) leave the game completely.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • So... essentially, we don't want people to win so that the monsters won't overpower us too quickly.
  • Or rather, it would be silly to actively help them win. For instance, if we were to lynch Silvanus (assuming he is who he says he is), we'd lose both him and at least one more of his enemies (assuming they all win when he's lynched). If we instead lynch, well, Synkarin as an example, we'd lose him, but no one else. Granted, if he's going to win, we'd lose him anyway, but in that case it'd probably be better to lynch someone else anyway, since at least we'd have a chance to hit a monster if we do (again, assuming Synkarin is who he says he is).
  • I'm not really sure who to vote, I'm sorry the weekends tend to be crazy busy. If the day hasn't ended by the time I get home tonight I'll make a decision.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I don't trust Synkarin's claim but I don't think a rush to lynch them is going to help out just yet. I'd rather Vote: Ssaliss

The idea of lynching Ellowyn because you think they'd be killed anyways and you want to push for night is a very stupid idea. It is ridiculously stupid unless you have a vested interest in it being night time. 
  • I think you missed the fact that it was mainly done to encourage discussion, and to prod people into action. Also, the fact that I changed my vote from him already.
    Ssaliss said:
    ...I'd much rather not lynch you, but rather start prodding other people into action.