Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• Hard to say anything at this point about the feathers, really. The possibilities are endless. It could be a sign that someone's win condition is to kill all three arch-angels. It could be that they need to hide. It could be that they need it for some active power of some kind. Or, it could just be fluff (no... okay, some pun intended). Remember how gaga we went over the hotdogs of the Drag Queen Mafia? I'm sure there are a dozen other possibilities that I haven't thought of too.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Am I the only one okay with the furrikin getting killed?
  • I'm sure if anyone has any actual info they'll come out with it in a couple nights after they have the time to investigate people/get useful information.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I will have some info when I get home from work. Just didn't want to type it up on my phone.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    In the interest of not holding up conversation for the next five hours in anticipation, my information is that I am Danzaburou, and I'll go into far more detail later tonight about my role/powers/my win, it's sort of mirrors Luce's, but the first night I choose to protect myself.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I always get extra nervous when there's multiple avenues of death at night. While I'd prefer to know we have a vigilante than a serial killer, vigilantes who kill at random are just as dangerous to the town.

• Considering what happened, if it's a vig, they probably learned the error of their ways. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• That or they think 'well, that's one town down, now I'm more likely to hit a monster next time"
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    My thoughts are kind of muddled and all over the place, so I might wait until Silvanus can expound before I comment more.
  • I wonder if the angels count as Gods or if they're their own thing.
  • Godly allies, if anything. Like me.
  • Marcella said:
    That or they think 'well, that's one town down, now I'm more likely to hit a monster next time"
    Then they're probably a very new vig or at least new to mafia. Killing on the first night is a terrible vig strategy and they really shouldn't move until they have some usable intel.
    Marcella said:
    Godly allies, if anything. Like me.
    This is a weird thing to share and mostly sounds like deflecting.
  • Sounds like a lot of deflecting, that's a lot of potential information to offer on yourself without any prompting.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Deflecting from what? No one's accused anyone of anything?
  • Just general suspicion. It is a good scum tactic to start posting breadcrumbs now so that if anyone puts pressure on you, you then have things to go back to.
    That's a pretty large breadcrumb to crawl back towards, I don't suspect Marcella, I'm not really sure it was there for that purpose. For all we know she can be an avenging angel that is an outcast generally but still serves the Gods.

The information that I have is mostly just about my role. I am supposed to outlive some individuals who are trying to take my island from me. Many people see me as a monster, and if I am investigated, unfortunately I will show up as a monster, but my win condition is not that. One of the rules Kira stated is that many people have different win conditions, mine is unique like  Luce's.

I find it convenient to roleclaim so soon because of that. I am not a monster, I'm not a God, I am just a Legend that is in it to outlast the people trying to kill me. I have three powers, and three uses of powers. I used one to protect myself the first night and have two uses left of any of my 3 powers.

I also have a day power blocker, so that is in play, and some weird disguise thing that seems to be to protect me from investigations (or really, just disguise myself as one of you, so a guess in the dark) because I will appear as a monster that I probably won't ever use a power on.
  • Poor birdie! I hope someone find's his feathers... And why would anyone kill a fox! They're so soft...
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Silvanus said:
    That's a pretty large breadcrumb to crawl back towards, I don't suspect Marcella, I'm not really sure it was there for that purpose. For all we know she can be an avenging angel that is an outcast generally but still serves the Gods.

The information that I have is mostly just about my role. I am supposed to outlive some individuals who are trying to take my island from me. Many people see me as a monster, and if I am investigated, unfortunately I will show up as a monster, but my win condition is not that. One of the rules Kira stated is that many people have different win conditions, mine is unique like  Luce's.

I find it convenient to roleclaim so soon because of that. I am not a monster, I'm not a God, I am just a Legend that is in it to outlast the people trying to kill me. I have three powers, and three uses of powers. I used one to protect myself the first night and have two uses left of any of my 3 powers.

I also have a day power blocker, so that is in play, and some weird disguise thing that seems to be to protect me from investigations (or really, just disguise myself as one of you, so a guess in the dark) because I will appear as a monster that I probably won't ever use a power on.
    Aha, there we go.

The reason I wanted to wait is because an angel visited me at the start of the day and handed me a message that said Silvanus is a monster.

I didn't want to reveal that straight away before you showed your hand, if you were going to go ahead anyways.

It left me feeling iffy for a number of reasons, the most important being that I have no idea who sent it. With the missing feathers thing, maybe it was someone done up in disguise? And of course if you are Danzaborou, you could have done that yourself. But why? To what value?

Your claim is very early, so false-claiming Danzaborou would be far too risky. I think we can accept that. The issue then is if you are a monster/monster-aligned or not. If the mafia leaves you alone and we start questioning why you are still alive, that could be tricky, but if you have other rivals that want to kill you, then surely at least one or two more would drop in due time, if not you yourself, and that would help cement the clarity of the claim.

The other issue I have with this message I got is that there was no delay in the communication, really. Can someone really investigate and send out a message about the results on the same night? Unless the investigation took place yesterday, and the person then sent the message in the night. I don't know. Regardless, I am willing to respect the risks taken here and look elsewhere.

• I am curious about the nature of the vigilante that killed Luce. Cuts and burns...that sounds like it might be related to fire.
  • I've got a suspicion about the cuts and burns, but for now, I think I'll leave it at that... Other than to say that I don't think that was caused by monsters.
  • Also, @Ellowyn and @Ieptix haven't posted yet today. Might be related to the lost vote, might just be busy, but thought I'd go ahead and ping them a bit.
  • The latter. I can vote for days.

All I really have to say is that there is a spider god/monster type out there somewhere and I am so done with that.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Spider god? Lolth? Anansi?
  • Dunno which. My first thought was Anansi but that's because it's the only spider god I'm familiar with. Googling, I doubt Lolth because that doesn't seem to be sourced from RL mythology (which afaik everyone here is).
  • Arachne?
  • I don't know. All I know is that there are spiders.
  • All spiders must die.
  • What did the spider's ever do to you!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    ....spider god? Gross. Gross gross. 

• I dunno, the spiders are pretty useful. And if it's the God of Spiders (and not, for example, Ungoliant), then we should probably play nice