Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Except...I didn't vote for you. And Silvanus seems to have voted for you because you leapt on a bandwagon.

I'm determined not to distract us from the mafia this time by following your lead. If I recall, you also made mistakes.

• Maybe it's a misdirection he's hoping to use to take you out.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Every life you take, and every move you make.
    Every lie you fake, every vote you make
    I'll be counting yooou.

AKA Votecount:
    Peace and love on the planet earth: (8) Lavinya, Marcella, Aerdureth, Krackenor, Yavina, Vivet, Ellowyn, Shaddus.
    Lavinya: (2) Tekora, Falmiis.
    Tekora: (1) Silvanus.

With 17 alive, it's 9 to lynch.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    FOS:TEKORA

It's probably nothing, but I'm keeping my eye on you.

One more person to end the day, guys. Maybe we'll have some information in the morning.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • What's FOS?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Finger of Suspicion. No real power, just an official notice that someone is suspicious.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It really just says to everyone that you're concerned and suspicious of someone's motives and if whatever the person under suspicion does turns badly for the town then they should be thoroughly investigated.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It sounds like even if we lynch Tekora - he'll still be able to talk

This game is already starting off evil

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

I just read the post as a claim of lynch immunity.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.

• Ieptix said:
    Synkarin said:

I just read the post as a claim of lynch immunity.
    Not immune, but not saying more than that.

Let's talk Town goals. We haven't had much to go on in terms of win conditions, aside from what I assume each of us have received in our roles.  
  • As far as I can tell, it's

destroy the monster insurrection.

against, like, the gods.
  • Marcella said:
    As far as I can tell, it's

destroy the monster insurrection.

against, like, the gods.
    Yeah, that's what I got. It seemed fairly clear to me. Gods want to stop monsters and a lot of people will have weird win conditions.
    Not a whole lot going on - maybe it is time to end the day someone, anyone

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Nrgh, but then the monsters have free reign, but nobody is talking. Nrgh. Give it a couple hours, if no one does anything or says anything more maybe we can move on.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hmph...in the interest of getting the day-1 jitters out of everyone's system then, I'll Vote: No one.

May...we...have mercy on...our...wow that really doesn't work well in this scenario, does it?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Here, let me give you some salt for that popcorn.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • That's a no-lynch!

---

"Nothing's happening."

"They're playing defensively. No one wants to tip their hand, from fear of making themselves a target. When the masses want you to be an obedient monster-hunter, you better act like an obedient monster-hunter, regardless of what your actual motivations are."

"So what happens now? I mean, if they're not gonna fight each other, does that mean that they're gonna sociably and peacefully work out their differences?"

"Hah, yes. Also, Santa Claus exists, the pope's protestant and politicians truly do have your best interest at heart."

"Cute. So what happens instead?"

"We wait. People are gonna withdraw. Do their own thing. Some to gather information. Some to craft lies. Some to take action for their cause through murder. And tomorrow, some poor unfortunate soul is gonna be the victim of this bloodlust. Probably."

"Why are you so sure? I mean, they could choose to not kill right? They could choose peace."

"... You're adorably cute when you're so naïve."

It is now Night 1. You all have 48 hours to get in your night-actions.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Spectator Power - Ratings Drop

Due to an unsuccessful pilot, the admin of this game must replace one of the announcers with a different, popular personality. Don't worry, though, these things never last, and these contracts are hard to get out of. You'll probably be back in about a day.

(Because Kira should have to face sudden power challenges, too <3)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited February 2016
    "Morning kiddo. Nice of you to finally join us. You ready to start this day properly?"

"You mean with a proper breakfast? I'm starving. And what's with the coloured text?"

"It's new stuff from HQ. It's supposed to ensure that we're more... distinctive, whatever that means. Either way, let's begin."

"Actually... before we begin. Hi, my name's Pollux. The church sent me to deliver a rather important message."

"Pollux? Wait, ain't you the guy from one of the previous games? Weren't you a serial killer?"

"Potential serial killer thank you very much, and I prefer assassin. But that's beside the point. I'm afraid I've come here to act as a replacement."

"Oh? You're replacing the kid? Ah. That's rough. Only one day in and they're already kicking you out. Sorry kiddo, but that's the business for you."

"Aww man. Things were starting to get interesting."

"Actually, the kid is staying. You're the one I'm supposed to replace. Apparently know-it-all snarking just... doesn't cut it these days."

"What? You gotta be joking. I'm the freakin' main attraction here. They gotta be crazy if they're gonna write me off for... what's the note say? Cause of a ratings drop? Screw that."

"What happened to "that's the business"?"

"Don't get smart kid. I'll be back before you know it. And you, fuzzbutt. Don't ruin things in my absence."

"You don't have to worry about me ruining anything... anyway. Kid? I've got the results from the night. Let's read em out together, shall we?"

"Hah, okay. Let's see here... ouch. Well this is bad. It looks like Shaddus was Savaged by monsters last night."

---

Shaddus was:

Raphael: You are the Archangel of Healing. Your name literally is a request for god to white-mage patchup your wounds. You're not as famous as the angels Gabriel or Michael, but you're still here to offer your support to them as best you can. After all, the only thing that truly matters is doing the duty that you are commanded to do. Now if only you hadn't lost sight of the other two on your way here.

Role: You win when the monster rebellion is over, and the violence is at an end.

The Healer: You are a healer, and so once a night you can protect someone from one attempt on their life. You will not be able to protect yourself.

---

"And that's not even all. Apparently, Luce has also been slain. He was killed by cuts and burns."

---

Luce was:

The White Fox of Inari: Inari Ökami is the spirit of lots of nice stuff, like rice-wine and tea. But most importantly to you, she's the spirit of foxes, and you are a fox on a mission. To reclaim the island of Sado for all of fox-kin. In order to do that, you need to defeat that blasted tanuki Danzaburou. Only with him gone can the foxes return to the island. You're about evenly matched in strength, so you can't take him out directly. In all honesty though, he should be scared, because you're bringing the full brunt of all your vulpine magic to bear on his miserable self. It shouldn't be that hard to manipulate the others into bringing him down. Just be careful with your manipulations. If he isn't brought down by your hand, you won't get credit, and you'll lose face entirely.

Role: Vindictive. You win if Danzaburou is lynched and you're part of the vote-train on him. If Danzaburou is killed in any other way, you become a survivor.

Fox magic: You've got a handful of tricks up your sleeve which you can use to help you get Danzaburou eliminated. Up to three times in the game, you can do the following.

Make two person swap locations during the nightphase, thus making night-actions that target the former target the latter instead, and vice versa.

Force someone who has already voted to vote on someone else.

Counter one of Danzaburou's transformations.

Divine: You're not an actual god yourself, but due to your connection to the divine, investigations reveal you as a God.

---

"Indeed. There's been a lot of deaths tonight. That's a first in recent history. Eliminations don't tend to really happen until the second day after all. But we can't start the day just yet. There's other important information that people need to know. First of all,there are Angel feathers missing from Shaddus's corpse. The game also goes into the next day with only fourteen votes available for a lynch."

"Fourteen? But there's still fifteen players remaining, right?"

"Correct. Someone has lost their ability to vote. With that, the important stuff is all out of the way, and we've kept you waiting for the next dayphase long enough. So without further ado."

It is now Day 2. With 14 votes, it is 8 to lynch.

• Huh. Well that sucks... No more doctor :( At least we now know a bit more about who's around... although the missing feathers from Shaddus seems incredibly iffy.
    This is unfortunate

Seems though, based on Luce's role, that people can transform or something. That may explain the angel feathers. 

It's also interesting that someone lost their ability to vote.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • It also sounds like someone is hiding as an angel, who is actually a monster.

• Yeah. I'm also not sure what to make of Danzaburou. His wiki-page isn't exactly flattering, perhaps, but he also doesn't seem like a monster. It could be that both Danzaburou and The White Fox of Inari had essentially the same role, in that they would both win if they lynched the other. So possibly, he's now a survivor.
  • Dylara said:
    It also sounds like someone is hiding as an angel, who is actually a monster.

...Lucifer? Or any one of the Goetia Daemons?
  • Also, Danzaburou and the White Fox appear to be personifying the classic rivalry between tanuki and kitsune. 
  • Well, they would be if one wasn't dead
  • Losing our doctor already is a huge blow. It looks like Shaddus was killed by mafia and somebody else got Luce. I'm leaning towards a SK of some sort since I doubt a vig would kill him for no reason. Hopefully somebody got some substantial information on someone.
  • Shaddus got savaged by monsters. Doesn't that mean the game is over because everyone's dead?
  • I am also quite curious about those feathers. Maybe, they can serve as some kind of enhancement for another role's ability. I am not sure how they could be of use though.