Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• I already explained myself. It's all there. I lied because it's mafia and I needed to push people to get to my win condition. Everyone's reluctance to vote was keeping me from getting anywhere with my ridiculous win condition. Seriously, think about it, why would I make up such a silly requirement? 

And someone unvote. I really don't want to see someone ninja this before Krackenor can chime in about his power. A ninja vote is going to screw everyone.
  • Oh fine. 

Unvote

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Why are we voting Othero? Didn't he basically out himself as lying while everyone was still chasing his made up scum role? Seems like an exceedingly odd thing to do. Were it early in the game, I'd be down to Lynch The Liar, but this late when it's do or die, I think it's very important to consider context and possible motivations. 

I just don't understand why we're lynching people without reconciling their motivation with their actions. It's why Ssaliss makes no sense, there's no reconciliation of my actions with my motivation. He's only reconciled my actions with his suspicions. 

The only thing I can think of as plausible is that he is scum with Enchilada or whoever he came up with, and is trying to make himself a target because he has some sort of kill on death or lynch protection. Which, really, would only make sense if we had actually been on the trail of Empanada (and they exist). 
  • Okay, then. Name someone who you find likely to be scum, @CyndarinAscends.
  • Hmm. In addition, I want to test something... @Ieptix, are you okay with @Vivet revealing your name? I'm not too concerned about your exact powers, but at least something that verifies that she is, indeed, an investigator.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hello! This is your friendly forum delivery owl passing on a message from @Krackenor that he's at work and can't post to forums, but that he would like a chance to post before the day ends.

That's all!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ssaliss said:
    Okay, then. Name someone who you find likely to be scum, @CyndarinAscends.
    I had a response typed out then the forums crashed. :(

I'll redo it when I get home later
  • Votecount:

Othero: Vivet, Yavina, Ssaliss 3

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I'm investigating Cyndarin's allegiance claim; just waiting on the response now. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Why are we voting Othero? Didn't he basically out himself as lying while everyone was still chasing his made up scum role? Seems like an exceedingly odd thing to do. Were it early in the game, I'd be down to Lynch The Liar, but this late when it's do or die, I think it's very important to consider context and possible motivations. 

I just don't understand why we're lynching people without reconciling their motivation with their actions. It's why Ssaliss makes no sense, there's no reconciliation of my actions with my motivation. He's only reconciled my actions with his suspicions. 

The only thing I can think of as plausible is that he is scum with Enchilada or whoever he came up with, and is trying to make himself a target because he has some sort of kill on death or lynch protection. Which, really, would only make sense if we had actually been on the trail of Empanada (and they exist). 
    (Observer jumping in just to comment that Enchilada/Empanada made me snortlaugh pretty hard.)
  • Krackenor said:
    I'm investigating Cyndarin's allegiance claim; just waiting on the response now. 
    Sorry, I'm a tired moron. I investigated OTHERO's claim. Anyway I learned that Othero was telling the truth when he said:

1.  He is Cerberus
    2. He is not on the side of the Gods or Monsters
    3. He wins after being the last to lynch 3 times
    The only other useful bit of knowledge was that his claim that 'There is no Empusa' came back as an opinion, which tells me that that while there may be an Empusa out there, he does not know for certain (and thus can't be in league with her)
  • For now, I want to Vote Vivet, because nobody has convinced me she isn't Chernobog/Belobog and will turn on us after day 5.

Also I have no better ideas right now.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oho! Very good. Very very very good.

Time for a change of plans.

Unvote

Vote: Vivet

Now, I know how this might look. It does look pretty insane, doesn't it? But honestly, this is a course that has several solid benefits. While it might not be the optimal lynch, I have a sneaking suspicion we won't be able to manage that. So...

We get two more votes, then Othero will land the last vote.

This will remove both Othero and I from the game.

Why would we want to do this?

1. The nature of my role. It's basically engineered to make me look really suspicious. At this point, thanks to Ssaliss, you've already learned just about all you're going to learn about me, except from my role reveal at death. I can only start to look more suspicious from here if I maintain any degree of aggression. I don't think we can really count on scum to kill me for you. Now, you might ask, why don't I just go ahead and say what I'm not supposed to say? To that I can only counter with - there are some fates worse than death.

2. Othero will want to win. He's plainly been playing for himself the whole time. If we deprive the win from him now, and we get into LyLo or stay in MyLo, how much longer will we want to try to work around him? Honestly, you want to get rid of him as soon as possible too. This would be an acceptable method/means of accomplishing that.

3. If we do it in this way, I'm quite sure we'll only see the two of us leaving the game before night falls. Why does this matter? Because I know there's a few scenarios where up to three could leave the game. Going down to six players is what will probably get you all into trouble. Seven should still be manageable, I hope.

4. We get to see a bit more debate and discussion, maybe.

Any thoughts, or other ideas?

• Can.. you vote for yourself?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Sure you can.

Personally, though, I definitely won't vote for Vivet.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yeah, I've had my doubts about Vivet from pretty early, followed by Ssaliss.

Now I have no horse in this race, and any side losing quicker benefits me, I will say this, the town could not afford to make a mistake. I can dayblock Vivet, if necessary, but I do not think Town should go for that route.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • So... uh... Where did @CyndarinAscend's mention of her suspicions go? Also, what did @Krackenor want to say before the day ended?

I'll also write together another long post to see if that will finally spark some debating...
  • Chill. Trying to force it out of me when I haven't had time to sit down and look over the whole game is just going to make me make you wait longer. 
  • (also, how on earth do I keep missing Krackenor's posts? Seriously... This is annoying. He did post after Sylandra's notice)
  • Waiting isn't really an option. The day ends some time today, I'm pretty sure, and apparently we're no longer offing Othero?

How did Vivet being Chernobog come into play? Did I miss a post earlier or something?

Krackenor's truth claims are still irrelevant because he can't prove he's actually revealing the results of the investigation instead of lying to us to protect himself/a teammate. The only way he could have demonstrated this would have been by investigating Ssaliss's(?) post where he intentionally set up a series of statements to determine if Krackenor gave the right values for their veracity, but he purportedly investigated Othero instead.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Also, doesn't Othero winning, per Vivet's plan, trigger a survivor win for anyone who's a survivor at this point (e.g. Silvanus, at least)? That'd mean that lynching Vivet and letting Othero get a win from the final vote does indeed end with us losing three players all in gone go, assuming everyone is being truthful.
  • Wellthe  short version is my suspicions are Krackenor and Ssaliss. 
  • Ieptix said:
    Also, doesn't Othero winning, per Vivet's plan, trigger a survivor win for anyone who's a survivor at this point (e.g. Silvanus, at least)? That'd mean that lynching Vivet and letting Othero get a win from the final vote does indeed end with us losing three players all in gone go, assuming everyone is being truthful.
    Not quite. Othero winning just leads to Othero winning (at least as far as I can tell). Silvanus would win by either town or scum winning while he's alive. As such, it's just as likely that he'll support scum as support town; as long as he's alive, he wins, no matter if the scum or the town wins.
  • I thought I remembered reading something that survivors won if they're alive when anyone else won, rather than one of the primary factions, but I can't find that post anywhere, so maybe I'm imagining things.
  • Wellthe  short version is my suspicions are Krackenor and Ssaliss. 
    So you're saying an archangel is a member of the rebelling monsters?
  • Ssaliss said:
    Ieptix said:
    Also, doesn't Othero winning, per Vivet's plan, trigger a survivor win for anyone who's a survivor at this point (e.g. Silvanus, at least)? That'd mean that lynching Vivet and letting Othero get a win from the final vote does indeed end with us losing three players all in gone go, assuming everyone is being truthful.
    Not quite. Othero winning just leads to Othero winning (at least as far as I can tell). Silvanus would win by either town or scum winning while he's alive. As such, it's just as likely that he'll support scum as support town; as long as he's alive, he wins, no matter if the scum or the town wins.
    Standard survivors win if they're alive when the game ends. One guy winning isn't enough. For Silvanus to win, he needs to be safe from Night Kills and Lynches both.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Ah, thanks!
    In regards to Silvanus' win condition, I think Ssaliss has it right.

I also feel like Krackenor's power has proven to be reliable enough. What he's had to say about Ssaliss matches up with what I know - we've also seen how Ellowyn's reveal reinforces his power of discernment. The only thing especially troubling with Krackenor is the weird explanation for how he gained it. He absorbed this power, but... no other ones, apparently? Maybe I forgot something in the explanation, but it is an oddly specific thing to gain and never anything else.

I feel like I'm stuck at an impasse because I can find some reasons to trust pretty much everyone. Hmm.

Aha, thanks for the explanation Kira. I am too slow!
  • That's precisely the mentality that makes me suspicious.

Citing being an angel as if it's a free pass is an exceedingly superficial defense. Perhaps only in context I am aware of with 100% certainty, as I am a monster on the side of the gods, but that being the first and only defense you make speaks volumes to me. Part of my original post that I lost is that the angels, specifically Ssaliss, has been given a free pass by claiming angel. We know you're an angel due to Shaddus's death naming two more angels, and no one counter claiming. 

There's really no evidence that suggests being an archangel guarantees town side. Even Lucifer was an archangel, so even on its surfact, it's a nonsensical argument to make.

That does not guarantee alignment. Especially in the context of your votes and conversations. You've basically tried to rewrite my history and have cherry picked which messages you want to pay attention to, and I'm the easiest town target due to the nature of my role.