Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• We will find out! Either way I'll be ejected out of this game and will perform a victory lap!
  • Or he has lynch protection.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Trust me, getting killed will also be a victory. I hate this win condition.
  • Well, to be fair, I'm not 100% convinced that he's got a kill-on-lynch thing going. It's a semi-common scum-claim in the late game to discourage people from voting.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hi. @Krackenor is at work again. Pretend I'm him for like a second as I convey his following message:

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • "Man. I leave the action for five minutes to make popcorn and the whole world blows up."

"No. Not yet. The bad guys still got a little more work ahead of them before everything ends."

"I'm still surprised Yavina's still around. Despite being so incredibly quiet I mean. You'd think if there's any uncertainty they'd go for the quiet ones."

"Or the liar, or the monster, or the odd one out, or the ones they know nothing about. At this point, the whole thing has devolved into a paranoid conspiracy, wrapped in an enigma that's been deep fried in backstabbing treachery."

"I saw that movie. But you're the clever one so... what happens now?"

"Well, they all assault Krackenor. Who, as it turns out, was not lying about being able to dish out revenge. When Othero wrests Krackenor's soul from their body to drag back to hell with him, the soul overloads itself, blowing all three heads up. A pity for Othero. So close to winning, and yet he stumbles and falls on the finish line. Jean, please deliver the eulogy."

---

Othero was

Kerberos: You are Kerberos. The monster that guards the gate to the underworld. And all in all, you don't care three slobbering licks for the current “war” that's going on. If you can even call it that. It's just a bunch of posturing monsters and gods who beat on their chest and try to pretend to be something that they aren't. Pah. At least you can get something good out of this though. It's been ages since you had a new chewtoy, and powerful souls are so gooooood. You just can't have enough.

Role: You're a lyncher. You win if you place the last vote on three different lynch-trains. It has to be the last vote to count.

---

"Good, and Krackenor?"

"Uhm..."

"Jean... I'm noticing a very distinct lack of Krackenor's role. What's taking you so long. Please don't tell me you misplaced it again."

"I didn't! But... well. I... someone's sabotaged it."

"Sabotaged?"

"Yeah, someone has written "Pollux smells of elderberries" in purple lipstick all over it. I can't make out anything else."

"I... see. The prankster strikes again. This'll make things tough for town. Let's see if they can survive as we get steadily closer to the end-game"

It is now Night 5.

You have 48 hours to get in all your night actions.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Oh dear... That sent chills down my back.
  • "Morning Pollux. How are things? Do we still have a job?"

"Yep, so I hope you didn't have any vacation plans. We'll be at it for a while."

"How come?"

"Quite simply. There's been no deaths last night. Everyone is safe, for the time being. In fact, with things as they are now, it feels intellectually dishonest to proclaim that we're in a MyLo."

"But technically, we still are?"

"Yes. But it'd require the stars to align correctly. In which case I'd be more worried about Cthulhu rising."

"Ia. Ia. Cthulhu fhtagn r'lyeh... eh. Guy's overrated. Azathoth is way more interesting."

"I think you mean Shubby or Yoggy. But either way."

It is now day 6

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Okay. Anyone learned anything useful?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Since Krackenor was dead, I was really stuck on what to do. So I figured I'd try to investigate Celina - it's become much more difficult to pierce the veils, that much is sure. I didn't see much of anything, but I feel reasonably certain that she really, truly does win when the monster insurrection is put down. That's all I saw/could get a feel for. Then I was seemingly attacked while in the middle of that, but it was repelled. Not sure if that was a hallucination of some sort or if I really did get attacked. I didn't hide, at any rate, so it's a possibility it actually happened. I'm trying to get more clarification from Kiradawea.
    Oh, okay. Apparently I chowed down on something and I was so intent I barely even noticed how tasty it was. Because I was that... focused.

So! Which of you tried to kill me in the night?

• Someone sent me a letter, it was a repeat of what I had before. So nothing new.I've had a very long day at work and need to finish up a project for school so I may be a bit brief over the next 24 hours.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I have nothing to add. The fact that the game is still going implies the existence of at least one more rebel monster. I really wish we could have seen Krackenor's reveal. Stupid janitors.

Anyway, right now our player list is:

Celina - Medusa, apparent town - Confirmed not rebel by Vivet
    Ieptix - Mysterious God, town - Confirmed by Vivet and angel investigation
    Yavina - Idunn (god)? - Unconfirmed, but matches with Ellowyn's win condition
    Silvanus - Dzanzabaru or whatever, monster but claims being survivor - Unconfirmed(?), but matches with Luce's role
    Vivet - Unknown, but based on actions seems pro-town (e.g. unprompted outing of mafia don) - Unconfirmed (unless there was a letter about her that I'm forgetting?)
    Dylara - Michael, angel, likely town - Unconfirmed
    Ssaliss - Gabriel, angel, town - Confirmed town by Vivet

If we assume Vivet is correct and Celina is on our side, then the only confirmed monster we have is Silvanus. Given his apparent role, it seems less than likely that he is mafia, but it's possible, and I don't really have anything better to go off. Ideas from anyone else?

I still want to lynch Celina for the principle of the matter, but since she's apparently actually town then that would probably end up being counter-productive.
  • Ellowyn got a letter about Vivet, saying she was a God. Granted, Ellowyn was a free agent of a kind, so it's not 100% trustworthy; still, everything taken together seems to indicate that she's town.

Which kinda brings us to you, @Ieptix. You're the only one (aside from Vivet) that we don't know the identity of. Would you care to enlighten us?
    Hmm. Would you rather I just say what I saw?
  • Personally, I don't care that much one way or the other.
    Well, alright.

When I investigated Ieptix, I saw Anubis, god of funerals and guardian of the dead. During the night, he picks two targets - if the first target dies, the second will hear murmurs of their killer's intentions. Seems cryptic, but fits in with those broken up messages we've seen. And apparently he can target himself, since he got the first one? Anyways, wins when the monster insurrection is put down.

I've been paying attention to him since then, and the fact those messages link to his power is probably why he's leaning on them. The thing is, after the first one, I'm guessing the mafia might have gotten wary and started saying random nonsense in their night talk themselves, so who knows how accurate the second one might be comparatively. Falmiis in particular seemed to be keen on misdirection, ie, last thing he posted before his lynch was "I can't believe you just did that Dylara". Seems like a weird thing to throw out there, you know?

I'm still reviewing old posts to see what's happened and such.

• Vivet said:
    Well, alright.

When I investigated Ieptix, I saw Anubis, god of funerals and guardian of the dead. During the night, he picks two targets - if the first target dies, the second will hear murmurs of their killer's intentions. Seems cryptic, but fits in with those broken up messages we've seen. And apparently he can target himself, since he got the first one? Anyways, wins when the monster insurrection is put down.

I've been paying attention to him since then, and the fact those messages link to his power is probably why he's leaning on them. The thing is, after the first one, I'm guessing the mafia might have gotten wary and started saying random nonsense in their night talk themselves, so who knows how accurate the second one might be comparatively. Falmiis in particular seemed to be keen on misdirection, ie, last thing he posted before his lynch was "I can't believe you just did that Dylara". Seems like a weird thing to throw out there, you know?

I didn't even see that. Weird. 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• @Yavina, can you confirm that you're the one feeding stuff to people to keep them alive, and that you targetted Ieptix last night?
  • Vivet said:
    Well, alright.

He had been killed by Celina by that point (Celina had done stonegaze and was just waiting for Kira to confirm), so I would really just put it down to misdirection. It would be an incredibly weird tactic to out a fellow mafia person in death, but a good way to encourage the town to lynch a town person. 

• Ssaliss said:
    @Yavina, can you confirm that you're the one feeding stuff to people to keep them alive, and that you targetted Ieptix last night?
    Wait what, why would I have been the one targeted?

Also yes I am Anubis. Here is a picture:

• Ieptix said:
    Ssaliss said:
    @Yavina, can you confirm that you're the one feeding stuff to people to keep them alive, and that you targetted Ieptix last night?
    Wait what, why would I have been the one targeted?

Also yes I am Anubis. Here is a picture:

Just making sure that A) she is the one giving out foods, and B) that you're the one she actually targetted. I'm assuming that she is and she did, but at this point I'd rather not assume too much.
  • Oh, wait, I meant that she targetted Vivet.

I should stop posting in the mornings before I wake up properly :(
  • I can say I have received two letters saying Ieptix is a god (you godly person you).

• Yeah, the second time it came from me. Since no one has spoken up about sending the second set of letters, I'm rather wary of trusting them. It could be that one of the people who have gotten messages sent about them is actually scum, and that those messages are forged.
  • The ones I have are as follows:
    Falmiis is a Monster.
    Ieptix is a God.
    Ellowyn is a God.
    Ieptix is a God.

• Yep. Of those, Falmiis and the first Ieptix didn't come from me. Thus, I figured I'd double-check on Ieptix. I didn't really expect anything other than him being a God though.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Yep. Of those, Falmiis and the first Ieptix didn't come from me. Thus, I figured I'd double-check on Ieptix. I didn't really expect anything other than him being a God though.
    That's really weird because the messages all look the same .An angel appears before me, hands me a letter and flies away.

• I did post about this yesterday, to be fair. Right as I roleclaimed, I pointed out who I had sent messages to.

For the record, the message to Krackenor about Yavina wasn't sent by me either.
    I feel like I haven't seen @Yavina in the actual game at all much, so he might only drop by now and again to check on us. Could be a long wait.

I've given some careful consideration as to why I might have been targeted last night. Given that I pretty much asked everyone to lynch me yesterday, to see who might maneuver easily into it and how people would handle the situation - and the given results - perhaps they determined that a lynch would be more trouble than it was worth, and I was liable to be unprotected tonight given my behaviour. That's all I can think of.

Has there been nothing else that happened today or last night? Seems like it has been more quiet of late, unless people are holding back.