Gods and Monsters mafia. Ratatoskr and Anubis wins!

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    That's weird, it could be a typical Mafia move or just a disappointed player.

I kind of slightly agree on ending this, but I do think Dylara is telling the truth.

But since I am unimportant, and in case she is a ticking time bomb, I will take the bullet.

Vote Dylara

If I were actually important to this game and had to guess, I would bet that Krackenor is mafia suspect number 1 (I messed up in my post to Ssaliss, I confused his position with Krack). I am ok with whatever happens, and Dylara quite clearly has given up.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Sorry, with exams on monday and literally nothing more I can say in my defence it's time to end this. No one will die (as far as I'm aware) if I go.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• "Hey Pollux. Looks like the day's finally over, and  Dylara is the one they chose to eliminate."

"I noticed. And here I thought tonight was going to be dull."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Quite simply... I mean that Dylara was town."

---

Michael: You are the archangel Michael. Protector of the jewish people, and soldier of god. You fought with Lucifer and cast him into the firey pits of hell. Or is that something that will happen? The bible has a really confusing time-line all things considered. Regardless, as a trusted servant of The One himself (no, not that one, the other... erf. You know what I mean.) it is obvious that you would have to be here at the front-lines yourself. You're not here alone. You were sent here with your fellow angels, although you lost sight of them in the process. Just as well, because you have your own... motivations here.

Role: You win when the monster rebellion has been crushed, but you do not truly win until you stand as a testament and beacon for the Jewish people... alone. You must also eliminate Gabriel and Raphael to truly win. Before the rebellion ends.

The Warrior: Once per night, you may assault someone with the intent to slay them. If you succeed and the target is a God, or a Divine Servant, you will be wracked by guilt, and unable to fight, thus losing your will to act as a vigilante. You may never kill another angel with this power.

---

"Town huh. That means... we're entering another night aren't we?"

"Yes, and quite possibly the last night. I'll see you tomorrow Jean. Things are about to get hairy."

It is now Night 6.

You have 48 hours to send in all your night actions.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • "Hey Pollux. The night's over. It's time to give the people what they want... Pollux? Hey Pollux? ... ... C'mon. This isn't funny. Don't tell me that you've disappeared too? Pollux? I... man. Okay Jean. Just calm yourself. Pollux is probably fine. He's over-qualified for this job. Maybe he's just taking an early vacation... or something. So... let's see. Right. Yavina's the one who is gone now. And her... his notes. They were... here. Okay."

---

Yavina was

Idunn: You are the goddess of youth and fertility. Mostly youth. The stories that surround you make you out to be... really, really, really naive. Which for some reason means you get to guard the endless apples that provide eternal youth, longevity and healing. How many times were those apples stolen again? Still you're here, so you might as well make the best of things and try to help weed out those icky monsters.

Role: You're a God. You win when all those icky monsters have been squashed.

Idunn's apples: You've brought one of those apples with you here. It works excellent as a snack, what with being endless and all, and you can eat it constantly to heal yourself. Thus you can't be lynched. If a lynch is attempted on you, you will survive, but the day will end.

---

"Okay... that leaves me with two questions. How could Idunn heal anyone? I don't see that in the role description. And who's taped this envelope on my files. Let's see here..."

"Jean, when you're reading this I'm long gone. Things have gotten a little... dangerous shall we say. Today, the game is going from a Maybe Lynch and Lose, to a full "Lynch and Lose". They can't choose not to lynch, and if they lynch the wrong person... well. I'm sure you can imagine the end result. I've got some preparations that need to be done, so try to keep things busy and going in my absence. You can do it. Oh, and before I forget.

It is now Day 7.

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch."

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • So, I inhereted a nightkill when Dylara died, I didn't use it because if two townies died it was game over. Otherwise I've got nothing. 
  • Then it's also possible that someone inherited a doctor power when Shaddus died. It's even possible that it was Yavina, and that since it was inherited, it didn't show up on her role sheet. The flavour of the message does support it being Yavina, so for now, that's the hypothesis I'm going with.

I have some thoughts, but I'd rather hear from @Vivet before expanding on them.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well, unfortunately I ran with a wild idea and it didn't result in any benefit.

Part of me did think it was odd that we had two protectors. I figured there had to be something about Yavina that was a little different - non standard, perhaps. Since the protection seemingly came from eating the apples, who's to say Yavina couldn't eat some herself? If it was limited use (again, makes sense with an expendable item), then being able to self-target with it wouldn't be too outlandish.

I was also concerned I might get targetted again myself. So I decided I'd attempt to hide, and I told Yavina that was what I was doing before I voted, so she could protect herself if she could or whoever else she thought was the best option.

I guess I was half-right, in a way. Lynchproof. And I guess it must be true that some powers are inheritable? I really don't know. I haven't seen any indication of such, but none of this adds up otherwise.

• So... Does anyone (aside from Celina or me) have any theories as to who's guilty or not? I could start posting again, but it feels like I'm the only one putting things forward, and the rest are simply reacting...

No kidding. It got really quiet really fast!

And I guess I can't blame anyone for that either. It's really hard to put a finger on anyone, and I suspect everyone just wants to be very cautious about the how and why.

The simplest approach would be to assume my investigations had been accurate up until Day 5. That leaves Silvanus, who has been uninvestigated, and Celina, who was investigated late.

If we assume that someone could deceive my investigation attempts, however - which is something that is starting to feel increasingly plausible - then it gets a lot more complicated and difficult to untangle.

Celina, did you get any sort of explanation or exposition to go with getting your nightkill, or did it just kind of happen? Curious.

I think someone did investigate me, because somehow I got investigated as a monster, which is one of my powers.

If it were you that investigated me, I do believe I announced that I would be investigated as a Monster before you brought it up.

I am not in the know how if someone was attacked or not, but Kiradawea said we would keep playing till everyone has met a win condition or lost their win condition. Is it possible that you are all in fact town or a survivor, and one of you can have a win condition like Dylara? She wasn't a member of town.

Oh but I guess she would've lost if the rebellion was crush and Gabriel/Raphael were not dead yet. I haven't really paid much attention, I was sort of bummed that my opposite died on day 1, but did someone claim to be either one of those?

Also, before today, my guess would've been Krackenor based solely around the power inheritance, but if someone else has inherited powers, my theory would be moot. I figured there would probably be Dracula, a pretty famous Monster with plenty of origin stories, and would make sense on inheriting powers.

That was my .02, I have no powers left. I used two of them on protecting myself during the night (1st night and last night) and then used the 3rd power on the dayblock on Aerudeth.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • It just happened as a result of their death. No explanation beyond that.

It's still Ssaliss. My vote is staying there. 
  • I can say with a fair degree of certainty that your investigations can be deceived. My own role has an deceptive aspect to it. 
  • Though, admittedly, you saw through my monster role to the side I support.
    It sounds really strange and nonsensical, but... that seems to be par for this game. I don't think you're lying - it'd be a stupid thing to make up at this stage. I already tried to follow Ssaliss' arguments and it didn't work out, so I'm willing to listen to you this time, Celina.

@Silvanus? @Ieptix? Any other thoughts/arguments one way or another?

• Could you point out exactly why you think I'm scum, Celina? So far, it's all been rather fuzzy from my viewpoint. I can't really recall you pointing out anything specific, but rather just general "well, it could be you if xyz".
  • Well, the reasons are numerous at this point. Your defenses aren't lining up with your previous reasoning. 

Above all else, now that you have fully revealed your role, I know you were lying in your original defense. Your original defense was grounded in that the lore does not support you as mafia while your role had a win condition not grounded in lore. So you knew, from the start, that was not a viable defense based on the information you had, yet you used Ieptix's support to bolster that defense and your attack on me. 

Basically you used a lie to defend yourself and attack me, and I was the easiest target in the game. It points to scum, for me.  
  • Except "lore" is far from the only thing that points towards me not being scum, you know... For starters, is it logical that I would be able to both investigate and kill in the same night? Is it logical that, in combination with that rather powerful combo (if it were true) that I'd also be immune to Vivet's investigations? At the same time as I'm immune to Krackenor's (and, most likely, Synkarin's) truth-telling? Would I also have attacked myself during night three (I think it was)? Would I really have tried to stir up discussion when it'd have been far easier (and would've made far more sense) to just follow suite and sit back, letting the days end themselves?

And really, when you dig down into it, it's not actually that far-fetched, lore-wise. The role of Raphael doesn't mention the alternate (or perhaps enhanced would be a better word?) win condition that I and Michael share.

When it comes to Michael, it stated that he was the "Protector of the jewish people". This is also supported by Judaism, according to Wikipedia (I'm not a Jew myself, so I can't say exactly which role he holds)

Gabriel, on the other hand, is rather closely aligned with Islam, and is said to be the angel who revelaed the Quran to Muhammad. While Michael is mentioned in the Quran, he apparently appears only once.

Thus, it isn't exactly a complete break from lore to have some animosity between Michael and Gabriel, at least. I'm assuming that Raphael was included in our win condition just because he was an archangel.

Also, when you think about it... what sense would my enhanced win condition have if I really were aligned with the scum? We know for a fact that both Raphael and Michael were town, so it'd kinda be included in my win condition to kill them were I scum.
  • I've played mafia long enough to know it is exceedingly poor logic to assume any given combination of powers can or cannot exist, and base decisions on how "fair" we think the game will be. Is it logical that I would have both day and nightkill powers? It's pretty unheard of, but here I am. 

Again, we have multiple instances of role powers that are designed to mislead. If anything, it's actually a common occurrence to have mafia that can deceive investigations. 

I don't know about the night attack. Saying "I was attacked, therefore it can't be me," is possibly the flimsiest defense there is. Night attacks do exist outside of the mafia. For example: me. 

The only point I will concede, and it is a good one, is that your secondary win condition doesn't really align with scum. But then again, it doesn't really align with town either. 
  • Except Dylara had the exact same win condition, and she won with town.

Also, if I weren't telling the truth about being attacked and protected by Yavina, then she'd have had ample opportunity to say so. Also, we know that Dylara couldn't have attacked me, as she had lost her attack at that point. We also know that the scum didn't get a kill in that night, so either they were blocked, or they attacked me. Since Krackenor was blocked that night, though, they weren't. And before you use the "Well, Krackenor was obviously scum" defense, I honestly don't believe he was. Why would a scum have a power that kills when they're lynched? It'd essentially punish town for making a correct lynch, which seems rather ill-fitting.

You do have a point in that any combination can exist. It's just a matter of how likely it is. How likely does a nightkill/investigate/investigation-immunex2 role seem to you? To me, it looks incredibly unlikely. You've used your previous role as an excuse, but when we look at that one, you were an investigator/doctor. A doctor role for scum is inherently weaker than one for town, since you don't need to protect against yourself. Couple that with the fact that you couldn't use either of them if the scum as a group chose to kill, and it's limited even further. For me to have the power to both investigate and nightkill, without limitation, coupled with a complete immunity to investigations, it'd be orders of magnitudes more powerful.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    From beyond the grave: Ya'll people need to hurry this up. It's taking too long.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Well, okay then.

Vote: Ssaliss

There, happy now? Game's seriously stressful, Silvanus and Ieptix aren't talking, and we're going around in circles at this point.

• Sorry. Busy.

Tbh I still think Celina's the most likely, but she also makes a couple reasonable points poking holes in Ssaliss's defense, but then again it's still possible that they're both town and we should be looking at Silvanus, though I feel this is the least likely option. Generally at this point too I'd consider Vivet to be the most suspicious, since we know basically nothing about her even at this stage of the game, but given the way she's played so far it'd be way way way odd for her to not be town.

I guess since there's momentum against Ssaliss at this point, y'all are basically set on going all in on a lynch there and hoping it's right? I'm basically about 50/40/10 on it being Celina/Ssaliss/Silvanus as the last mafia, but I guess 40% vs 50% is a gamble I can stomach.

Vote: Ssaliss

That's two votes since Celina hasn't actually voted today that I've seen.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • This is likely to be academic since Celina will likely lynch me soon, but I might as well say it anyway.

I think there are two scum remaining. If there were only one, we wouldn't be in LyLo. Instead, if we mislynched today and the scum killed tonight, we'd be in a situation where Silvanus would simply have to choose between scum and town to win.

This, of course, means that it's either Silvanus/Celina, or Vivet/Ieptix. And, to be frank, Vivet/Ieptix does make some sense; we only have Vivet's word on alignments, as she's been the only one able to distinguish win conditions. The only thing I'm having problems fitting in is how she knew Yavina was protecting her, but I suppose that could've just been an educated guess (why wouldn't she protect Vivet, after all?). Her willingness to just follow others instead of making any arguments herself just increases my suspicions.

Because of that, I'll just

Vote: Vivet
  • vote: ssaliss
  • Ah well. I guess town loses this game.
  • Also, FYI, I absolutely abhor taking the lead in these games :(
    I think everyone does. Which is why these situations happen.
  • Well I was going to kill you last night. At least this way it's not all my fault.
    Hey I did say something. I still think it was Krackenor, did you miss my post Vivet?
  • I kinda doubt Krackenor was scum, really. It seems odd to put a vengeance power on a scum; why punish town for guessing correctly?