the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• I was just joking about the whole jester thing.
  • I've blown this discussion up to much and caused to many people headaches.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Makaela said:
    Could you answer that question then?  It seems odd your pokemon would have an ability you have no control over and nothing to supplement it.
    There's no secondary power. Just the passive power. So whoever dayblocked me: you picked a poor target!

I'll add that passive powers might be odd for Pokemon, but it's not odd at all for mafia games.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'll just back a way until someone until asks me a question or whatever.
  • @Sylandra Thank you, this gives me some food for thought. No I am not suspect of you but I may have my eye on a new person as a result of your answer and theories popping in my head based on this answer. Not enough of anything to voice who it is I now suspect as another potential Mafia.  However could you state if your pokemon's passive effect was triggered last night?  You do not have to state what the effect is but knowing if it was triggered or not will let me know whether to continue finding out what I can on my other suspect.

@Rolsand the thing I think most people have with your posts is this... Lets pretend we are watchingf Princess Bride (the movie that the term WIFM is coined from.)  Remeber the scene when Dread Pirate Roberts and Vizzini were having their battle of wits to the death?

[spoiler][spoiler]
    Dread Pirate Roberts: Inhale this, but do not touch.

Vizzini: I smell nothing.

Dread Pirate Roberts: [Takes the packet back] What you do not smell is called Iocaine powder. It is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadlier poisons known to man.

Vizzini: Hmm.
    Vizzini watches as the Dread Pirate Roberts takes the goblets, turns his back. A moment later, he turns again, faces Vizzini, drops the Iocaine packet. It is now empty. The Dread Pirate Roberts rotates the goblets in a little shell game maneuver then puts one glass in front of Vizziniand the other in front of himself.

Dread Pirate Roberts: All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right and who is dead.
    Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's? [pauses to study the Dread Pirate Roberts] Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Dread Pirate Roberts: You've made your decision then?
    Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you
    [ /spoiler][ /spoiler]As you can see this leads to a dizzying thought process when trying to deal with a situation like in the movie.  I tend to just stick with what is usually the case and in most cases I am right.  Now if you are not scum and you get lynched I am sorry but the way you acted/continue to act is highly suspect to me and I am not going to start second guessing myself based on others interactions with you in past games.  It will take something from you specifically to get me to second guess my hunch
  • damnit.. I messed up on the spoler tags... (sighs)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I already answered this. My passive effect was not activated.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Okay.
  • Well that clears up my other suspects... for now.
  • The problem is that the last 6 pages have been a merry-go-round of the same handful of arguments and counter arguments. He's brief, vague, and aloof. We get it, repeating it and demanding more from him for the 13th time is now officially a waste of everyone's time. 

Incidentally, brief, vague, and aloof is the status quo for Rolsand's forums personality which is why I just don't find it suspicious. You guys have yourselves all worked up because you're yelling at a person who is vague and aloof, for being vague and aloof. Then you're shocked and pitchforky when he is...you guessed it...vague and aloof in response. I guess some of you don't see it because you're too wrapped up in your own self fulfilling prophecy, but it's like calling me suspicious when I do something aggressive. You'd call me aggressive, I'd tell you to FOAD, you'd then go OMG WHY ARE YOU SO AGGRESSIVE, MAFIA?! It's a self defeating argument. 

Making a list of personality traits or posting tendencies and declaring them de facto mafia behavior is bad news bears. You have to consider the full context. 

That being said, I don't know if we have a better target so if we're going to lynch the loser so I can gank his sandshrew and drop my crap pokemon, let's do it.

@Sylandra: Oh, I just heard him/her get banged around by the tremor, and then I saw the tooth brush shank on the ground. No psychic powers. (I WISH though, Sabrina was always the cold, ice-y psychic bitch I wanted to be as an imaginary pokemon master. I use alakazam in X and Y just to fulfill my dreams even though he's kind of trash).

• The problem is that the last 6 pages have been a merry-go-round of the same handful of arguments and counter arguments. He's brief, vague, and aloof. We get it, repeating it and demanding more from him for the 13th time is now officially a waste of everyone's time. 

Incidentally, brief, vague, and aloof is the status quo for Rolsand's forums personality which is why I just don't find it suspicious. You guys have yourselves all worked up because you're yelling at a person who is vague and aloof, for being vague and aloof. Then you're shocked and pitchforky when he is...you guessed it...vague and aloof in response. I guess some of you don't see it because you're too wrapped up in your own self fulfilling prophecy, but it's like calling me suspicious when I do something aggressive. You'd call me aggressive, I'd tell you to FOAD, you'd then go OMG WHY ARE YOU SO AGGRESSIVE, MAFIA?! It's a self defeating argument. 

Making a list of personality traits or posting tendencies and declaring them de facto mafia behavior is bad news bears. You have to consider the full context. 

That being said, I don't know if we have a better target so if we're going to lynch the loser so I can gank his sandshrew and drop my crap pokemon, let's do it.

@Sylandra: Oh, I just heard him/her get banged around by the tremor, and then I saw the tooth brush shank on the ground. No psychic powers. (I WISH though, Sabrina was always the cold, ice-y psychic bitch I wanted to be as an imaginary pokemon master. I use alakazam in X and Y just to fulfill my dreams even though he's kind of trash).

Are you reading my mind?
  • But I ain't no loser.
  • I hope you guys know what your risking once you let my Pokemon go free.

All this is true. But that said, some posting styles are just aggravating and unhelpful-- overly aggressive and overly aloof ones among them.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Alright, screw it.

Vote Rolsand

If only to avoid a repeat performance of the last however many pages during a later day phase. I hope a good guy gets the Sandshrew.
  • Well nothing happened to me last night and I'm not exactly the creative type to make up good theories.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well something like 160 posts to catch up on and 80 of them are Rolsand's one line posts and the train of thought is all over the place.

All this posting and merry-go-round is just going to make it that much harder for the people that haven't checked in yet, and it will require so much more energy to catch up for them that they probably won't. I'm not even sure I really want to re-read those posts that I skipped over.

Rolsand's posting is just detrimental to all discussion, for the love of God, just put more than one sentence in a post so you can at least provide some consistent train of thought.

I am fully in favor of lynching Rolsand just because of the waste of time so far, and I know I'm not alone on that, but we still have 5 days and a few people that haven't contributed anything.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Oh well good game it was fun while the game lasted. ;)
  • Oops didn't mean to wink .
  • Silvanus said:
    Well something like 160 posts to catch up on and 80 of them are Rolsand's one line posts and the train of thought is all over the place.

All this posting and merry-go-round is just going to make it that much harder for the people that haven't checked in yet, and it will require so much more energy to catch up for them that they probably won't. I'm not even sure I really want to re-read those posts that I skipped over.

Rolsand's posting is just detrimental to all discussion, for the love of God, just put more than one sentence in a post so you can at least provide some consistent train of thought.

I am fully in favor of lynching Rolsand just because of the waste of time so far, and I know I'm not alone on that, but we still have 5 days and a few people that haven't contributed anything.
    I know I skimmed the six pages of discussion that was left from the last time I checked in, when I skimmed over the previous god knows however many more. So I'm leaning towards the lynch Rolsand option as well-- though watching to see what happens tonight, as he's proposed, could be a suitable course of action as well.
  • Oof, here's my contribution to the above post, all by itself:

I know I skimmed the six pages of discussion that was left from the last time I checked in, when I skimmed over the previous god knows however many more. So I'm leaning towards the lynch Rolsand option as well-- though watching to see what happens tonight, as he's proposed, could be a suitable course of action as well.
  • You guys will lose a lot more than my Pokemon tonight.
  • Err I mean after tonight.
  • Rolsand said:
    You guys will lose a lot more than my Pokemon tonight.
    Why? And yes, I know you have no intention of answering this question flat-out.
  • Rolsand said:
    You guys will lose a lot more than my Pokemon tonight.
    Without explanation, this type of posting and attitude is pointless and best ignored. Also a pretty common scum tactic, heads up!

I am going to have to go reread 20+ pages to try and sift stuff out, which is going to be horrendous in and of itself. Sigh. First though, bed time.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Looking at our current situation it looks like the mafia is gonna hit tonight or even soon.
  • And tbh I'm getting a lot of vibes from other people.
  • And yet you offer nothing to point out these "vibes".

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• It's just a assumption.
  • At this point I'm taking my info to the grave.