Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Melali said:
    Melali said:
    Ileein said:
    Tamashi said:
    @Lehki it might state he (Ileein) has to remain alive for the win condition to actually fire, otherwise that's just too easy.
    Correct. If I'm lynched, I lose. I've made the gamble to trust in town and be forthright. Let us hope it wasn't a gamble poorly made.
    Ileein, why did you specify "lynched"? What about being killed in other ways, like being night-killed by the Mafia? Wouldn't you be just as dead/stumped then?
    @Ileein, please respond to this. I guess you missed this before?
    I am apparently night-immune, yes.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Which is the main reason why I've elected to trust Town so much-- in the end they're the only ones capable of dealing me either victory or defeat. (Obviously Mafia participates in lynches, too, but at this stage, Town is dominant.)
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Kalaneya said:
    Oh, and since I did the work, the list of people who haven't duelled: Sylandra, Lavinya, Othero.
    Already said I would consider duels tomorrow. Can't duel today; forfeited.

And @Othero dueled Tamashi.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I brought up the thing initially with Celina about 'not from Gensokyo' meaning not from the region in the game because I literally thought that's what the census meant. I was wrong about that. In this Mafia game, it means a 'from another universe entirely', which is all I'm trying to clarify.
  • Vivet said:
    Kalaneya said:
    Oh, and since I did the work, the list of people who haven't duelled: Sylandra, Lavinya, Othero.
    Othero duelled Tamashi, and revealed themselves as Yuuka Kazami after Tamashi failed to show much analysis.

Ah shit, right. Just Sylandra and Breandryn (who apparently can't).
  • They cannot duel, now, because they willingly forfeited a second day in a row. The only person ,that we know of and can wholly confirm, is Synkarin being blocked in any manner. We only know that as a confirmed thing because of the modpost. Ileein's claim of roleblocked can be true or false, and we'll never know for certain unless someone pulls a bigger mistake and just outright claims they did it.
  • Wowza, lots to read. I have a couple thoughts and questions based on what's been said today.

• Cult: Where is there evidence of cult activity? I know @Siam jumped on that theory early on but I'm not seeing the rationale behind it.
    • Outsiders: It does seem too easy to just assume that all foreigners are bad people, but given the information we currently have to work with I'm also alright with lynching one of them. I say we go with @Lehki for opening ANOTHER can of worms :neutral: (just a joke)
    • Duels: We should probably be less liberal with the challenges now that we know there are roles that become empowered by them. I'm not saying we CAN'T trust the ones we know about (though your RP made you super sketchy for awhile, @Tamashi), but we just don't know what unintended effects the duels may be having. 
    • Pollux vs. squirrel demon revelation: REALLY VIVET???????
    • P vs. SD pt. 2: Between Ileein and Kalaneya, I'd lean for the latter right now. If we want to get rid of Ileein and he's telling the truth, may as well search for the squirrel demon. I am in no way married to this, however, and can be persuaded to change the vote.
  • Last thought before bed...having never played with a Day/Night 0 before, is it possible that the mafia was unable to kill last night just as town was unable to lynch the day before? If so, that could account for the surprising lack of death and destruction.
  • @Krackenor it was considered Night 1, as this is now Day 1. You usually start these games at the night cycle. The day 0 was just to get people used to the 'surprise' mechanics.
    Krackenor said:
    • Duels: We should probably be less liberal with the challenges now that we know there are roles that become empowered by them. I'm not saying we CAN'T trust the ones we know about (though your RP made you super sketchy for awhile, @Tamashi), but we just don't know what unintended effects the duels may be having. 
    This is my thinking. And yet, not engaging in duels is somehow perceived as shadier than accidentally empowering other people's abilities to take effect! You really never know how these mechanics will play out in unorthodox mafia games; I'm playing cautious because there's nothing I've wanted from anyone so far wager-wise, my cooldowns don't entice me to duel for stakes unless the stakes matter to me, and I don't as a general rule enjoy giving a lot of identifying information on Day 2 unless it's absolutely pertinent. Everyone says "names don't matter" but we already know there are third party members hunting specific players down as their win condition. (Granted, they are a random evil rat god rascal from another mafia game, but my point is we don't know what people's endgames are.)

To reiterate, if people really think duels are the way to prove pro-town allegiance, I will duel tomorrow. I just am not convinced of how intrinsically useful a method this is.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Kiradawea said:

That's a wrap!

Today has been a fun day for most. Lots of spellcard duels, some games, a lot of friendly idle chatter. There was the instance of Cyndarin's peculiar and sudden change of heart when it comes to fights. Might bear looking into, but for now people might as well get some sleep. It's getting late, and most agree that it'll be smart to call it an early night. There'll be plenty of work to do when the repairs of the shrine begin properly tomorrow. Soon the shrine is deserted and night falls.

It is now Night 0. You have 48 hours to send in all your night actions.
    The end of day post seems to contradict that.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    @Krackenor Yeah, I know it's kind of wild. I think that's why I ran with the theory, though - it was too enchanting to me to resist.
  • *shrug* I'm just going off of standard mafia games, the first time actions can be taken is during Night 1, and we've had multiple people talk about actions being taken at night. As a reference Tremula mentioned using her echo shield on Lavinya, as a night thing. Ileein is claiming he got roleblocked, as a night thing. So in my head, that was supposed to be Night 1 mechanically, but for the sake of chronological order, is Night 0.
  • Sylandra said:
    Krackenor said:
    This is my thinking. And yet, not engaging in duels is somehow perceived as shadier than accidentally empowering other people's abilities to take effect! You really never know how these mechanics will play out in unorthodox mafia games; I'm playing cautious because there's nothing I've wanted from anyone so far wager-wise, my cooldowns don't entice me to duel for stakes unless the stakes matter to me, and I don't as a general rule enjoy giving a lot of identifying information on Day 2 unless it's absolutely pertinent. Everyone says "names don't matter" but we already know there are third party members hunting specific players down as their win condition. (Granted, they are a random evil rat god rascal from another mafia game, but my point is we don't know what people's endgames are.)

To reiterate, if people really think duels are the way to prove pro-town allegiance, I will duel tomorrow. I just am not convinced of how intrinsically useful a method this is.

I thought the same thing about duelling until Ileein said he wanted to observe my fighting style with a duel. Ileein and Yarith don't really use bullet waves or lasers/lights in their attacks. Ileein punched me with an energy cross and Yarith just...flopped over, I guess? Touhou universe people use bullets/lights. By that logic, Rattata wouldn't either.

To that end, I don't think duels are a way to prove you're pro-town. It's a way to prove not-Rattata. 

I'll admit that might be reading into the flavour too much, but my first real game of mafia was Tremula's Pokemon, where half the game was interpreting flavour so that's just what I'm wont to do. You guys know Kira's style better than me.
    So, can Kalaneya and Tamashi still challenge each other today? It looked like Kalaneya was willing, but I didn't see Tamashi accept. Did Tamashi lose to someone and I forgot?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    We just don't know the results of Tamashi's currently outstanding duel. I guess he could accept and let the foul happen if he ends up losing that match.
    Oooh, okay.
  • I'm just gonna say again, that even though it probably doesn't hurt to try with Tamashi, I suspect Ratatoskr is not going to be detectable by anybody's investigation except Ileein's.
    Lehki said:
    I'm just gonna say again, that even though it probably doesn't hurt to try with Tamashi, I suspect Ratatoskr is not going to be detectable by anybody's investigation except Ileein's.
    If so, then why doesn't Kalaneya roleclaim? I can't remember if she's at any point actively denied being Ratatoskr, so much as she's avoided the subject and deflected. I will understand if that's considered a rash course of action, but if we can't rely on Tamashi's investigation to prove her innocence... That leaves us with lynching as our only way of verifying this particular bit of information.
    Daraius said:
    Lehki said:
    I'm just gonna say again, that even though it probably doesn't hurt to try with Tamashi, I suspect Ratatoskr is not going to be detectable by anybody's investigation except Ileein's.
    Even so, this makes me all the more curious what Tamashi may or may not see.
  • It'll definitely be interesting to see what Tamashi sees knowing my character. I don't want to do a full name claim before then. I'll say I'm a Buddhist youkai though.
  • I'm not really following the logic here. Why is Kalaneya suspected of being ratata? And why is Tamashi hinting that somebody is Alice but not telling us who?
  • I'm more interested in the roles, over the names. Who is Alice in this universe and what does she do?
    Weiwae said:
    I'm not really following the logic here. Why is Kalaneya suspected of being ratata? And why is Tamashi hinting that somebody is Alice but not telling us who?
    I thought Ssaliss was Alice?
    Daraius said:
    Also I'm curious to see a current vote count and reminder of the lowered vote count threshold.
    Daraius said:
  • Just to reiterate what @Ileein has claimed:

Name = Pollux (corroborated by Tamashi. Tamashi not yet corroborated by @Ssaliss being Alice)
    Ability = investigative power (reveals what about target? Just if Rat or not?)
    Ability = night-kill immune (unable to be killed by Mafia, unless strongarm?)
    Goal = have Rat lynched (Since no recourse for night-kill, maybe Rat also night-kill immune? Also, does he fail if he's stumped? After all, can't be part of lynch train if stumped.)
    Spellcards = not lasers/bullets (maybe non-Touhou also have non-lasers/bullets?)

Anyway, the thing that irks me is that the Investigative power, if just figuring out if not Mafia, could be copied by someone in the Mafia. Also, being night-kill immune could also mean that he won't be targeted by the Mafia. Finally, the confusion on whether or not his goal is achievable after his death could confuse the reason as to why he doesn't flip on death, if he actually doesn't flip on death.

On the other hand, if he is third party and has told only the truth, then the keeping him alive A) depends entirely on not lynching him, which can be controlled by Town and b) may have utility, depending on how in depth his investigative power is.

So, what should we do with Ileein?
  • Addendum: If he is actually night-kill immune, he could also be the Mafia Godfather, so as to protect him from Vigilantes/Serial Killers.
  • I don't think there is any need to rush with Illeein. One more day/night cycle should be safe for us to learn more information. I think right now we have plenty of questionable people that coming to a solid conclusion about Ileein isn't necessary and we don't need to go on any shrine saboteur hunts.
  • What does "flipping" mean in this context?
  • Breandryn said:
    What does "flipping" mean in this context?
    Normally when somebody is lynched or killed they "flip" and we see what win condition they had and what their role is.  In this game that is not going to happen in most cases. Some are theorising that if somebody has their win condition fulfilled, or it becomes impossible for it to become fulfilled, then they will "flip".