Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• What is the truth Tamashi. I don't know what to think anymore.

Did Ssaliss ever confirm that he actually is "Alice" ?
  • I'm not even lying about my ability, and it's honestly stupid to think I would lie about it when I've pretty much been openly using it for your entertainment. Either I don't recognize you or I do. I will say though that I'm regretting telling people about it, simply because it's not what I thought it was apparently. I can't quote it directly, but it says that I will look past the Seed and if I recognize them, then I will. Have said this before, among other things, because people have the ability to just overlook things and willfully 'forget' information for their own convenience.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Sigh. Okay. So we have Kalaneya, Ileein, or Yarith.

Ileein: Offered he is third party investigator. Agreed to @Vivet's claim that he's Pollux hunting Ratatoskr (characters from previous Kira games). Says he will share investigative abilities with town. *Implies that only he can properly investigate Ratsutin.

Kalaneya: Says she is Touhou-verse and Buddhist. Getting heat for "Accidentally" referring to herself as an outsider. Willing to leave Ileein alone. Suspicious of Yarith. Powers unknown.

Yarith: Claims he is Shu (from Kira's chimaera mafia). Seems to have ineffectual spellcards. Posts mainly nonsense. Likely third party.

From this, I feel I can unvote and Vote Yarith without too much guilt. We have more certainty that Ileein and Yarith are third party, and of the two, Yarith has been the most useless (sry). I could also see Shu being a cover for Ratatoskr. Opinions?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Ssaliss is just being quiet and a jerk for their own convenience at this rate. They wanted to stay veiled and low and f'ing behold, when I am quite literally forced to out a name, they refuse to bother.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My only real opinion on those is that if Yarith was going to pick a cover for Ratatoskr, why pick a somewhat obscure chimaera from a game he wasn't a part of?
  • Because the people who did partake in that game have already said it's believable and that he is taking up the similarities quite well considering he wasn't part of it.
    Luce said:
    My only real opinion on those is that if Yarith was going to pick a cover for Ratatoskr, why pick a somewhat obscure chimaera from a game he wasn't a part of?
    Because that's exactly what Ileein has done and we're pretty open to the existence of his role. Better than pretending to be a Touhou person at the risk of taking someone else's character.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Do you have any idea why you'd recognize some characters and not others? In there some connection between your character and their's in the games? 
  • I only have one way left to convince people since Ssaliss is being a butt and refusing to work with me.

@Luce I challenge you to a duel! Hopeful exhibition to prove, Spirits of Human Desire!
    Lehki said:
    Do you have any idea why you'd recognize some characters and not others? In there some connection between your character and their's in the games? 
    I'm guessing Tamashi is Touhou-verse and only recognizes Touhou characters. Makes sense to me.
    Daraius said:
  • I thought he confirmed Ileein's claim?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • As I said in earlier posts, my character is a hermit. Hermits aren't exactly known for being super social.
  • What does everyone think about the ability by itself? Mafia know who mafia are...so would it be plausible for mafia to be given an ability like this?

As much as I don't like the way Tamashi is going about this, I don't want to mis-lynch because he misplays as a townie...
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    Yarith said:
    I thought he confirmed Ileein's claim?
    Did he? Huh. Can we get a master-post of @Tamashi's specific findings for each person he's dueled? That would be swell.
    Daraius said:
  • @Sylandra I am Touhou-verse, and planned to confirm publicly if Tamashi could rightly name me.
  • Lets also not forget a few things, 1) I don't know shit about Touhou that I haven't looked into 2) First forum mafia game 3) Largest game I've taken part of. I don't know who my character would and wouldn't recognize for Kira's game, I quite literally go off -WHAT I'M TOLD- my character knows and doesn't.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I didn't really want to reveal this early, but winning gets me stuff.

Decisions, decisions...

• Whoa now, Roadrage, calm down.

I don't know shit about Touhou. This is my second Mafia game. And in Mafia, you can only go off what you're told.

Now step back, put your feet in our shoes, and think about that. You look like a blatant liar. To us. You might not be. But you gambled, and (in some of our eyes) lost.

Luckily, this train ain't got enough steam behind for you to get lynched. And I'm considering your ability, weighing if it's more mafia- or town-oriented. I'm leaning toward the latter...for now.

Deep breaths, homeslice.
  • Do you get something from exhibitions? If not, fine, make it wagered then for your own greed.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ugh, fine.

I accept your challenge Tamashi! We fight for Resilience! Blazing Heart!
  • @Tamashi the matches where you got info, were those strictly exhibitions? Or was there a wager?
  • @Luce $10 she doesn't recognize you :|
  • @Iosion to put it simply, I despise being called a liar. When you make it a policy to be honest, and you take pride in that, it burns a lot when people just throw that around. Whooptie friggin do that I overestimated the text I got for the ability's text. I originally thought I would just look past it and always see a name, because my first few duels did -EXACTLY- that, so I made it public. Then low and friggin behold that when it needs to be tested, again because people are just holding out for their own sake instead of CONFIRMING, it flops. I'm starting to realize more about the ability as it continues to either prevail or fail. But lordy is it annoying when people who aren't even contributing can point fingers, or at least trying to help.
  • I also hate repeating myself. I get the information I get from ANY AND ALL SPELLCARD DUELS I TAKE PART IN.

Yes, I felt the need to bold and all caps because I've said it no less than 3 times -today- alone.
  • Well...but that's not true...you didn't get any info from 3+ duels. Good god are you defensive.

Anyway, I'm gonna drop this now. It's not getting us any closer to a lynch.
  • Unvote. Vote Yarith.

Also, sorry @Kiradawea for the unnecessary bolding in my comments.
  • This is why I wanted to roleplay the character, but people were opposed to it, so whatever. And of course I'm defensive, I have people wanting to lynch me because of something I can't even control.
  • Tamashi said:
    I only have one way left to convince people since Ssaliss is being a butt and refusing to work with me.

Ssaliss said:
    Personally, I'd rather not be revealed at this point

• Okay well, you're still Alice, so deal with it.
  • (Please calm yourselves. It's just a game)

Tamashi challenges Luce

Eager to fully prove himself, Tamashi drags Luce into a challenge, Luce accepts. But with a cocky smirk as he cracks his knuckles. "Sure... but this'll be your last match for today." Luce remains on the ground while Tamashi flies up. The third starburst of divine colours and talismans for the day shoots out, lancing down all around Luce. Luce however merely smirks. He clenches his fist and a burst of flame envelops him, transforming into a pair of brilliant wings spread out from his back. He flaps them, sending himselfup into the sky towards Tamashi. At the last moment Luce weaves around Tamashi, spinning behind him and above where he spreads his arms out wide. From the tip of his wings come hundreds of bullets. Some in a stream that locks Tamashi into a small square of movement. Then a fan of bullets that Tamashi desperately tries to dodge. All that is just a distraction though from a sweeping laser beam that swipes across the horizon. Tamashi has no chance to escape the attack and the laser swipes him into the ground with enough force to leave an impact crater.

Luce has won the spellcard challenge. Tamashi will require one less vote to lynch.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.