Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Well, got a name this time around. I see the greed was necessary. Mokou no Fujiwara
  • And by necessary, I meant for him to accept.
  • Last time I called a guy Alice, he punched me.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    General reminder that mafia is a game designed around lying and misinformation, so accusations of being a liar are ten a penny! No one's honesty can be taken for granted. Nothing to get worked up over in RL!

But in any case, I'll also vote Yarith to build some vote pressure, since I think we need to hear his outsider win condition.

Vote: Yarith

• Meh, I don't think I'd get eleven votes anyway, it's just annoying when I take pride in it. So from here on, I'm taking up my character's mantle again, if you don't like it, too damn bad :).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Unvote

Yep, I'm immortal alright.

Vote: Yarith

Under pressure.
  • Unvote. Lynch: Yarith

Fine fine, though maybe we should take a count for how many votes we have so far? I don't think we want to accidentally lynch someone before they can explain further.
  • I count five so far with my own being tossed in.
  • Right, so that's Tamashi's power confirmed, inasmuch as confirmation is possible.

Yarith has already confessed to also being third party, as I understand it; I'm not the most convinced he's Ratatoskr but on the other hand pretending to be helpless and cute would be a very good disguise.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Re: all the explosions today that occurred while I was offline...

Cruel mafia lessons #1: know when and how to share information. It seriously sucks when it backfires on you. I do think Tamashi is the victim of misunderstanding his role and his powers. I know how that feels, and it's genuinely frustrating.

So here's mafia lesson #2: always play it cool. It's not personal. It's mafia. The more you react defensively the more suspicious people become of you. It's a deadly spiral.

Someone will point fingers at you and call you names at some point. It's inevitable. You have to simply find a way to show why you're not the shadiest person in the room. The best defense is a good offense. So @Tamashi, your power is limited for reasons beyond your control. Make a case for who should be lynched besides you. Try to get other people on board.

This has been Mafia Pro-Tips and You. You will be tested on this (probably).

So yeah in this case, I'd much rather off @Yarith for being a hip-hoppy flip-floppy nobody. Why are you even here, though?!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Tamashi I apologize for being hostile. Glad we could smooth that out. It's not personal, as @Sylandra says. For what it's worth, my last mafia game concluded with me being blown up for absolutely no reason other than "to sow some chaos" (paraphrased). *eye @Weiwae*

So at least you're getting some sweet hate thrown your way!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm slightly concerned as to what will happen if Yarith can use his last ultimate ability. It seems like he just...found some lying around, picked them up, and was like 'Ooh, a new toy!'. What if he unlocks some sort of magical ability he wouldn't have otherwise after using them all? That is worst case, of course, but I wouldn't put it past Kira to include.

FOS: Yarith
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • So...no one accept his third challenge? Just in case? It's only relevant for a few to be able to battle, so forfeiting wouldn't be worse than something like that?
  • "That last question mark was just overkill, @Iosion. Geez"
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've got a number of things on my mind right now, and still kind of leery of Kalaneya in the wake of their last spellcard battle. At this point I'm just waiting to see if anyone else might end up claiming to be the only feasible touhou role I think she could be, and going from there.

But I also have another, perhaps more pressing one.

Tamashi apparently couldn't recognise Synkarin, among the others they recently dueled. And I think we're all pretty sure Synkarin is Cirno. Someone who should be pretty recognisable.

But Tamashi... you recognised Pollux? Why would that be?

*curious tilt of the head*

• Synkarin said:
    Does Tamashi need to be the challenger to confirm names

I'd be willing to test him, You guys think you know me, but you don't.
    @Vivet here ya go. I had to dig back to page 19

Also, why I recognize him, is beyond me. I got that and him being a very powerful magician, never having to dodge meteors, real meteors before. So while I won, it was still really awkward to see magic that isn't like our spellcards.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hmm. Puzzling, but alright.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sylandra said:
    Lehki said:
    Do you have any idea why you'd recognize some characters and not others? In there some connection between your character and their's in the games? 
    I'm guessing Tamashi is Touhou-verse and only recognizes Touhou characters. Makes sense to me.
    Why can't he recognize @Synkarin, then????
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Idk D: Still want a @Tamashi masterpost of the things he saw/didn't see regarding each person. It's hard to keep track.

(Also at this point I wonder if it might be more useful to everyone involved if Tamashi just role claimed. We could reason through why he knows the people he knows.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    That duplicate clone thing from Kalaneya's duel is interesting.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• What do you mean by a masterpost? Where I just list what I learned of each person?
  • @Siam Othero also had a clone thing, a Light and Darkness duality.
    Tamashi said:
    What do you mean by a masterpost? Where I just list what I learned of each person?
    Yep! Would be useful to harken back to.
    Daraius said:
    Ratgod is a god, yes? I think the presence of gods from other universe here is to interfere with our repair of the shrine! At least, flavour-wise.

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Or I can pound his hippity-hoppity buns into the dirt. Not like he can do much to me that'll stick anyway. 

Or rather, he's welcome to try.
  • Ssaliss is actually Alice, the puppeteer
    Ileein is a powerful magician named Pollux
    Discerned nothing with Yarith because there was no real fight
    Othero was a powerful, arrogant, and cocky youkai. He outed himself after
    Nothing from Synkarin
    Nothing from Iosion
    Nothing from Kalaneya
    Luce is without mistake, Mokou no Fujiwara, the immortal human phoenix
  • Sylandra said:
    Idk D: Still want a @Tamashi masterpost of the things he saw/didn't see regarding each person. It's hard to keep track.

(Also at this point I wonder if it might be more useful to everyone involved if Tamashi just role claimed. We could reason through why he knows the people he knows.)
    Tamashi has battled

Ssaliss (Alice, unconfirmed)
    Tremula (Kyouko Kasodani)
    Yarith (Shu)
    Ileeein (Pollux)
    Othero (unrecognized)
    Synkarin (unrecognized)
    Iosion (unrecognized)
    Kalaneya (unrecognized)
    Luce (Mokou no Fujiwara)
  • Ninja'd, dang.
  • oh, I missed Tremula in my post, thanks for covering that.

@Othero and @Vivet, what's your read on this information? Any patterns we ought to acknowledge?
    Daraius said: