Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Have you gotten information from other exhibitions? 

I do find it odd that you didn't get any information from 3 different battles

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Everything I have is now listed
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tamashi said:

Luce is without mistake, Mokou no Fujiwara, the immortal human phoenix
    You forgot "awe inspiring", "beautiful", and "all-powerful" as well.
    Ok, I'll rephrase

Have you gotten information from exhibition matches before?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yes, I even bolded and all capped that it is all spellcard duels.
    It's tough to keep up over tons of posts and pages - so forgive me for asking again.

I just find it fishy that you got nothing on me.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Tamashi said:
    Ssaliss is actually Alice, the puppeteer
    Ileein is a powerful magician named Pollux
    Discerned nothing with Yarith because there was no real fight
    Othero was a powerful, arrogant, and cocky youkai. He outed himself after
    Nothing from Synkarin
    Nothing from Iosion
    Nothing from Kalaneya
    Luce is without mistake, Mokou no Fujiwara, the immortal human phoenix
    Tremula is Kyouko Kasodani
    So a few notable things here. @Yarith is unreadable specifically due to 'no real fight' occurring. This suggests Yarith is in some way investigation immune. Slightly worrisome!

@Synkarin @Iosion @Kalaneya all for some reason didn't ping Tamashi's investigation ability, and unlike Yarith, no reason was given for why this didn't work.

@Ssaliss @Ileein @Luce and @Tremula all got named in their duel investigation.

@Othero only got hints of identity.

This is hard to parse through for any particular patterns. @Tamashi, would you be willing to roleclaim to help us figure this puzzle out? Or would you rather stay under wraps?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • *shrug* I get what I get, it's not like I actually get to control it. I peer past the Seed for a glimpse during the fight, if I recognize them, I get the name. Why I recognize certain people over others? *shrug* I really don't know myself.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Well if you're not really Cirno, Synkarin, maybe your real character has some hidden defencive ability that protects you from danmaku readings? Not meant to be taken as accusatory, just a possibility. I think it is weird he got readings from one person and not others, but who knows, maybe he's only met certain people during his time as a hermit? 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well. I still think it is very, very weird that Tamashi can apparently recognise/discern Pollux, but based on who I suspect he is, it'd make sense they could recognise Mokou. Somewhat dubious that they can recognise Alice, but not who I suspect Kalaneya might be.

I can buy that Tamashi would be unable to recognise Yuuka Kazami. All the more curious about Synkarin now, too.

What a brain teaser!

• I'm confused as to the difference between my case and Synkarin or anyone else. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Tremula said:
    ... maybe he's only met certain people during his time as a hermit? 
    ... like a Chimaera from a different universe?
  • Tamashi said:
    Discerned nothing with Yarith because there was no real fight
    Yeah, this makes me even more suspicious of Yarith. Being investigation-immune in this regard is not exactly the sure sign of a friendly.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yarith said:
    I'm confused as to the difference between my case and Synkarin or anyone else. 
    You explicitly couldn't be investigated because you didn't technically duel. Your duel was you giving up and flopping over.

Everyone else managed to duel.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ssaliss said:
    Tremula said:
    ... maybe he's only met certain people during his time as a hermit? 
    ... like a Chimaera from a different universe?
    Two separate different universes, no less! And yet the other claimed Chimaera from another universe produces nothing.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    With how many of us he forced out, I'd like to know just for parity's sake.

Though is it possible Tamashi is someone who studies spells or fighting styles? Since Yarith failed because they weren't actually fighting, maybe the others are just girls Tamashi hasn't had a chance to study their styles yet. Like, they make their own spells up, or fight with a new style.
  • I thought I made it obvious who I was. Wielder of heavens, a hermit, used to having servants...Even simple google brings that up for me. As @Vivet once said, she noticed a Toyosatomimi no Miko, that's me, the saint and hermit.
    @Yarith I think it's because you're not actually fighting. I haven't gone back to read your very first fight, but in the second one your card fizzled and you promptly napped. Without the Fog of War covering you being torn off by bullets grazing by, you can't actually have that blanket protection over everyone removed like other people who are pressing all of their power at fighting each other. Flavour/Fluff-wise, it makes sense that you wouldn't get a reading. I'm not sure about mechanics, but as we've all seen I get more from flavour than I get from mechanics.

Just a theory.

• Oooooooooooooooooooooooh. Interesting. 
    I'm not sure that would make me investigation immune though, that might be a stretch.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Probably not a full investigation, no, but a limited investigation that only applies to danmaku? Much more probable. If there's a night investigative power, that'll likely be the one that will reveal you, since there's no magical girl card duels involved.

• Tremula said:
    @Yarith I think it's because you're not actually fighting. I haven't gone back to read your very first fight, but in the second one your card fizzled and you promptly napped. Without the Fog of War covering you being torn off by bullets grazing by, you can't actually have that blanket protection over everyone removed like other people who are pressing all of their power at fighting each other. Flavour/Fluff-wise, it makes sense that you wouldn't get a reading. I'm not sure about mechanics, but as we've all seen I get more from flavour than I get from mechanics.

Just a theory.
    His first battle was a similiar flop, yeah. Had a big fancy name and that basically just a poof of glitter.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I remember Yarith dueling someone and using fizzy rainbows of doom.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I wonder if he's making up 'spell cards' that are really just playing cards with him yelling impressive titles and throwing around props. Playing pretend with the real magical girls.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    My guess is that Yarith may have used a card that was on cooldown intentionally that's why he never really battled at all.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Luce pls

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Siam all of Yarith's duels have been exhibition matches, so no cooldowns. Also, we've already seen what happens when someone tries to used a card they don't have, just go look at @Synkarin's oopsie moment.
  • He'd had no battle before to put the card on CD, and we've seen from Ssaliss that trying use a card on CD doesn't work.
  • Nah. When I accidentally used my spellcard on cooldown, it explicitly stated that's what happened.

Also, for it to be on cooldown, I assume it has to be used at least once. Unless it starts off on cooldown, I guess...
  • Luce said:
    I wonder if he's making up 'spell cards' that are really just playing cards with him yelling impressive titles and throwing around props. Playing pretend with the real magical girls.

Synkarin mis-typed his and wasn't able to battle. Unless that's part of Yarith's role, making up cards is net-zero.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • just looking back Yarith, you said you're basically destined to lose duels because you're not from Touhou and so none of your cards actually do anything?