Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Ileein said:
    And lynching me would be, as I mentioned, a terrible idea as it is not unlikely to do something funky with Rat's role. In fact, I would look at the people who are gunning hard for me rather suspiciously. (Or, in a Wine In Front Of Me sort of way, the people who aren't gunning hard for me but "are persuadable.")
    See, this is the type of thing that just doesn't make sense to me.

Earlier you suggested that Rat would be a third party who gets crazy powers.  Now you are suggesting that Rat is actually part of some mafia group? Or are you claiming that people know what Rat will do in some way?  It's all very confusing and not making much sense.

Do we even know that Rat exists? I thought we had 3 people claim to be from out of this universe? Did any of them do anything that could be considered to be Rat like?  Both Yarith and Ileein have abnormal cards, what abnormal cards has the third person shown?
  • I didn't share anything other than my name because I didn't feel like I had to, though Ileein keeps driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilling into me.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • The Rat had the ability to send PM and do some other naughty stuff. Win condition was something like cause chaos and survive. I'll find a link.

I don't think anyone who witnessed that game would fall for Ratatta trickery again. 
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Weiwae said:
    Ileein said:
    And lynching me would be, as I mentioned, a terrible idea as it is not unlikely to do something funky with Rat's role. In fact, I would look at the people who are gunning hard for me rather suspiciously. (Or, in a Wine In Front Of Me sort of way, the people who aren't gunning hard for me but "are persuadable.")
    See, this is the type of thing that just doesn't make sense to me.

Earlier you suggested that Rat would be a third party who gets crazy powers.  Now you are suggesting that Rat is actually part of some mafia group? Or are you claiming that people know what Rat will do in some way?  It's all very confusing and not making much sense.

Do we even know that Rat exists? I thought we had 3 people claim to be from out of this universe? Did any of them do anything that could be considered to be Rat like?  Both Yarith and Ileein have abnormal cards, what abnormal cards has the third person shown?
    I really don't understand what you're so confused about. Ratatoskr has a motivation to see me gone, as I'm the person trying to see him gone and I suspect me being gone is part, if not the entirety, of his win condition. I wouldn't be shocked if lynching me either a) caused him to win or b) gave him some kind of weird extra power. Ratatoskr's role historically is a nuts one that causes lots of chaos. I am not, nor have I ever, suggested he is "part of some mafia group", if you're getting that from me then you're the one that's confused.

Some of the people who had claimed to be outsiders were misreading the situation, and thought that their role being Gensokyo residents who were originally from the Real World counted, which-- since we've got me, Yarith (apparently), and Ratatoskr, is not the case.

It is not necessarily the case that Rat will have abnormal cards. I am still waiting on the results of the duel to investigate Kalaneya, and otherwise all the remaining people who'd originally claimed outsider have backed off once it became clear that this meant "from outside the universe" instead of just "from outside the region where Touhou takes place."
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • For clarity, the Gods and Monsters version of Ratatoskr was a "lone survivor". He would win if he could outlive everyone else (except for the SK, for balance sake). In addition, no one was allowed to win in order for Ratatoskr to win.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hmm, another question for you @Vivet.

Early in today's day phase, you said this:
    Vivet said:
    I'd be inclined to believe at least one of you three is Mamizou, since she was from Sado in the Outside World prior, and would likely still have a presence in Gensokyo. There's not many other options otherwise, and if any of you lack spellcards for any reason... well, that'd narrow it down even more, but perhaps you'd rather not share that.
    Your Pollux/Ratatoskr insight seemed pulled out of the air, so I'm curious if you received some hidden info through whatever means that pointed you toward outsiders = non-Touhou characters, rather than outsider = Mamizou/people without spellcards?

Then separately, just to highlight again that census stated that it was unknown if there was overlap between outsiders/saboteurs. So Ratatoskr could potentially be the leader of the saboteurs, linked up with whatever local Touhou-verse characters wanted Hakurei shrine destroyed.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ushaara said:
    Hmm, another question for you @Vivet.

Early in today's day phase, you said this:
    Vivet said:
    I'd be inclined to believe at least one of you three is Mamizou, since she was from Sado in the Outside World prior, and would likely still have a presence in Gensokyo. There's not many other options otherwise, and if any of you lack spellcards for any reason... well, that'd narrow it down even more, but perhaps you'd rather not share that.
    Your Pollux/Ratatoskr insight seemed pulled out of the air, so I'm curious if you received some hidden info through whatever means that pointed you toward outsiders = non-Touhou characters, rather than outsider = Mamizou/people without spellcards?

Then separately, just to highlight again that census stated that it was unknown if there was overlap between outsiders/saboteurs. So Ratatoskr could potentially be the leader of the saboteurs, linked up with whatever local Touhou-verse characters wanted Hakurei shrine destroyed.
    It's a wild idea but it makes perfect sense to me, tbh. Kira has talked about finding ways to insert chimaeras into other mafia set-ups (we were chatting about Teen Titans, which has no chimaeras). It's like her watermark. It's not something I'd do in a game like this, but I could see Kira doing it, absolutely.

Also cheers that mafia has taken so over the forums that we now have a moderator metagame.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ileein said:
    Weiwae said:
    Ileein said:

I really don't understand what you're so confused about. Ratatoskr has a motivation to see me gone, as I'm the person trying to see him gone and I suspect me being gone is part, if not the entirety, of his win condition. I wouldn't be shocked if lynching me either a) caused him to win or b) gave him some kind of weird extra power. Ratatoskr's role historically is a nuts one that causes lots of chaos. I am not, nor have I ever, suggested he is "part of some mafia group", if you're getting that from me then you're the one that's confused.

Well, multiple people have voted for your lynch and multiple people have been open to it but not actually voted. Since Rat is not multiple people, that only leave the option that either the action is not a tell, or there are multiple people in his group and so it is a tell.  It's a clever tactic to make people scared into voting to lynch you, but it doesn't make much sense.  It's not something we can actually do.
  • Weiwae said:
    Ileein said:
    Weiwae said:
    Ileein said:

Well, multiple people have voted for your lynch and multiple people have been open to it but not actually voted. Since Rat is not multiple people, that only leave the option that either the action is not a tell, or there are multiple people in his group and so it is a tell.  It's a clever tactic to make people scared into voting to lynch you, but it doesn't make much sense.  It's not something we can actually do.
    Sorry, you've misinterpreted what I was saying. I wasn't suggesting everyone voting for me was Rat, obviously, just that one of them might be! Or maybe Rat is being smarter than that and just staying in the background for now.
  • @Weiwae for all records, it's currently a debate between @Ileein and @Kalaneya. This is mainly because they are third party and not even from this place. it has been suggested by a few that they make good options for lynching while we have no leads on mafia or any other theory being cooked up so far. If I had to go between Ileein and the third confirmed (are they) complete outsider, I'd go with the other one first, mainly because Ileein has something that can benefit, supposedly, while the other has been closed up.

If that makes sense, then awesome. If not, well crud. Personally I'm still in the no lynch category because I don't really know which way to go, and rather not be seen as sheeping or jumping on a bandwagon when I don't know jack myself.
  • Indeed, if we fail to lynch Rat today, I will be continuing to investigate, and will freely share anything I learn with Town. While I cannot decipher alignment, I can decipher name and power, which could be illuminating depending upon the character.

The best option, of course, is to lynch Rat.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ushaara said:
    Nah, I was rolling with "outsiders to Gensokyo" meaning from the "real world" relative to how ZUN portrays it in his universe. You just have to remember that I wasn't merely another player in Gods and Monsters - I was the Rat in that game, and worked pretty hard to push through for that ending. That ending, and the open ended nature of it probably stuck with me more than other players. The gears didn't start to turn in my head until Ileein started talking more, and Kalaneya reacted in a way that made me feel like she might have realised who Ileein is and that they are their mark.

• Guys. I am NOT third party and I am from Touhou. I am in no way like or related to Ileein and Yarith's situation. I made a mistake in interpreting what the census meant and it's seriously biting me in the ass.
    At least Ileein has offered town some knowledge. Not sure what Kalaneya has brought to the table.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Kalaneya said:
    Guys. I am NOT third party and I am from Touhou. I am in no way like or related to Ileein and Yarith's situation. I made a mistake in interpreting what the census meant and it's seriously biting me in the ass.
    Okay, who would you lynch then?
    Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I do think I might know who Kalaneya could be otherwise. I mean, there's at least a couple options in my head. I'm just not inclined to share them before Kalaneya claims for obvious reasons.
  • Sylandra said:
    Kalaneya said:
    Guys. I am NOT third party and I am from Touhou. I am in no way like or related to Ileein and Yarith's situation. I made a mistake in interpreting what the census meant and it's seriously biting me in the ass.
    Okay, who would you lynch then?
    Right now, Yarith. Being here "for fun" makes no sense to me. I buy Celina's argument about third parties being neutral to bad for town.

Best case scenario in lynching Yarith, we catch a third party who is bad for town in some fashion. Worst case scenario, we catch a third party who actually was here to do nothing, meaning we lose nothing and gain information. 

I'm willing to buy Ileein's claim for now, but this should be investigated further.
  • The cornered mouse bites!

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • (Bold your challenges people! I need to know when I gotta step in and take action. Thanks for the heads up though @Kalaneya . It helps.)

Tamashi challenges Synkarin
    After some bit of fidgeting, Synkarin finally manages to remember the correct name of his spellcard and proudly displays it to Tamashi, demanding another fight. Tamashi accepts and watches as Synkarin conjures up a swarm of icicles that go flying towards Tamashi. Tamashi meanwhile conjures up by now the very familiar rain of bullets. Synkarin has to weave and dodge between the bullets while maintaining the constant rain of icicles. It's nowhere near enough though, and Tamashi eventually overwhelms Synkarin through sheer number of bullets.

Tamashi has won the spellcard duel

Iosion challenges Tamashi
    Before the icicles from the last match has even begun to melt, Tamashi is back up in the air with Iosion as his opponent. Iosion conjures up a terrific storm of rain and wind and lightning, while Tamashi calmly lifts his card up into the air. The card bursts into streams of light at the command "Spirits of Human Desire" and fly outwards like a starburst, trailing streams of bullets that scatter talismans to the side. Iosion attempts to weave around the bullets, nimbly flying between the talismans in order to aim beams of electricity into Tamashi. Unfortunately, movement is scarce with the constantly stretching streams, and Iosion eventually ends up boxed in, and crashes to the ground with several anti-magic talismans stuck to her body.

Tamashi has won the spellcard duel

Kalaneya challenges Tamashi
    With confidence surging from the previous two matches, Tamashi is more than eager to respond to Kalaneya's challenge. He flies up and once more delivers a starburst of colour and flying talismans. Kalaneya weaves around the cards, firing off the occasional burst of bullets, though those are mostly just for show. One special bullet trails itself away and right in front of Tamashi, where it suddenly transforms into a copy of the Shrine Maiden. Tamashi is so taken aback and surprised that Kalaneya manages to fly right in and sucker punch Tamashi so hard, he slumps to the ground.

Kalaneya has won the spellcard duel

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Lavinya never accepted Tremula's challenge, which means that I'll consider Lavinya to have forfeited the challenge. Lavinya can't participate in any more spellcard duels today.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    @Tamashi your time to shine.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    There's an easy fix for the question of whether Yarith can cause us damage. Someone challenge him and force him to wager his ability to act. If he declines, wagers nothing, or wagers something else, we lynch.
  • I'm pretty sure we have to stick to the preset wagers in the second post! buuu

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited September 2016
    Gotta count yer votes.

No lynch
    : Tamashi (1)
    Ileein: Weiwae (1)
    Tamashi: Lehki, Iosion (2)
    Kalaneya: Sylandra, Ileein (2)

With 21 workers and 1 sick person, it's 12 to banish someone.

The following are slightly easier to banish.
    Ushaara
    Othero

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yarith said:
    I'm pretty sure we have to stick to the preset wagers in the second post! buuu
    One of which is Ability, yes.
  • Oh, are people -still- targeting me for a lynch and they just forgot? Silly people. Waiting on my results and I'll get back to you lot.
    Kiradawea said:
    Gotta count yer votes.

No lynch
    Ileein: Weiwae
    Kalaneya: Sylandra, Ileein

With 22 workers, it's 13 to banish someone.

Ushaara
    Othero

pssst Synkarin can't vote today, does that lower the total?
    Daraius said:
  • Apparently I got absolutely nothing from all three duels. All completely unfamiliar people: Synkarin, Iosion, and Kalaneya. When I say unfamiliar, my character does not recognize them in the slightest.
  • Sylandra said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Gotta count yer votes.

No lynch
    Ileein: Weiwae
    Kalaneya: Sylandra, Ileein

With 22 workers, it's 13 to banish someone.

Ushaara
    Othero

pssst Synkarin can't vote today, does that lower the total?
    Oops. My fault. Fixed now.
  • So @Tamashi is legitimately lying about her ability. I didn't remove my vote from you, Tamashi, because I knew this is what would happen.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yeah, this is getting a little too fishy for my tastes. 

Vote: Tamashi under the Lynch all Liars policy alluded to earlier.