Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    @Tamashi Possibly. But even just in the last game, when I was the Overlord of Lunaala, I made the conscious decision to not target anyone for a kill on the first night. You can't assume that the mafia elected to not act, especially if no one was eliminated in the night.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Okay, sure. I'm down for that. For starters: I did not take a night action on Night Zero.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Pardon... you can't assume that the mafia didn't chose to abstain from action. Wording.
  • Well yes, that's what I'm saying. You can only speak up for a singular individual not taking an action, whether they withheld or just don't have an action is an entirely different story, which is why I'm confused even further. On one hand you could know a town member with no night powers, and on the other you could have someone who didn't use it, or didn't submit in time.
    It's possible mafia withheld an action! That does put the mafia at a late start, though, since mafia almost always benefit from early game kills versus late game kills (where the stakes become much higher). I tend to assume mafia always takes the night 1 kill, though there has been an amazingly popular trend on these forums of the first night's mafia kill always getting blocked. So I'm operating under the assumption that someone got thwarted, until proven otherwise.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I'm just trying to make the most of what little I have, really.
  • Sylandra said:
    It's possible mafia withheld an action! That does put the mafia at a late start, though, since mafia almost always benefit from early game kills versus late game kills (where the stakes become much higher). I tend to assume mafia always takes the night 1 kill, though there has been an amazingly popular trend on these forums of the first night's mafia kill always getting blocked. So I'm operating under the assumption that someone got thwarted, until proven otherwise.
    You're leaning towards Ileein or Siam then?
    Those were the only ones blocked from what I can tell, yeah.

Also, @Synkarin, I know this thread is moving fast, but please try not to neglect my question.

• It's hard to say really, I wish it was more people talking and offering anything they know, or can think of, then just a few. Heck, people have only shared information because they're 1) Getting roasted, 2) Pressured, or 3) Special case and just outing it all because he can.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I did not do anything on Night 1! :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Because you couldn't (because Yarith block), don't have actions, or just refrained?
  • Outing everything is dangerous at this stage, that's probably why more people haven't been forthcoming unless pressured.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I am not masquerading as Cirno

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I mean, sure we could sit here and pressure each individual, it'd be a seriously LONG game of Duck Duck Goose. I don't want to sit here and drag it out, but we have a few people that refuse to no lynch, some that don't even talk, and others that just want to scratch our heads and wait for more info.
    Tamashi said:
    Because you couldn't (because Yarith block), don't have actions, or just refrained?
    I just refrained from doing any night actions. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Synkarin said:
    Hmm. Alright - thank you for your answer.

@Kalaneya, I am curious, what is your own opinion about how your last spellcard battle unfolded? Was it right in line with your expectations, or were you unsure of what exactly you were doing?

• Tamashi said:
    I mean, sure we could sit here and pressure each individual, it'd be a seriously LONG game of Duck Duck Goose. I don't want to sit here and drag it out, but we have a few people that refuse to no lynch, some that don't even talk, and others that just want to scratch our heads and wait for more info.
    It's a great idea; let's pressure everybody into claiming now when we have no information discern truth from lies.
  • It wasn't even a serious idea, and thought the sarcasm with the following tagged onto it would make it clear. I'm of the opinion of moving to next night/day cycle and have been for a very long time at this point. I'd rather we get more information than speculation and the roasting we've done so far.
    Krackenor said:
    Sylandra said:
    You're leaning towards Ileein or Siam then?
    Vote Siam based on that, sure. Ileein I believe is who he says he is. Siam has been a bit oddly aggressive whenever he pops in, come to think of it. He'll flit, push pressure on someone, flit back out, repeat. With nothing much else to go on, yeah. Let's try that.
    Daraius said:
    Falmiis has been very quiet, comparatively. He did participate in his spellcard duel, but hasn't really done or said much else. I think pretty much everyone's been more active today. Any additional input at the moment, @Falmiis?
    Noooooope. I'm basically the first person to alert everyone of a possible cult based on a role PM. :) You're fishing without even revealing anything about yourself @Sylandra! You haven't even participated in a spellcard duel yourself. We literally have 0 information about you, whereas people can simply do some bit of Googling to find out more about my role from the cards I used on my duels.

#bringShikariback 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I can play along! I targetted Lavinya to give her my spell shield, since I didn't expect her to get killed on the first night, and if she's more likely to be around today then she'd have been more likely to confirm my power. Unfortunately, she got counted as a forfeit and I'll have to wait until tomorrow's day phase to show off my echo shield.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I think aggressive is overstating it as well. I was mostly asking questions and only ever voted once to help pressure someone - said pressure wasn't even started by myself! So I'm not sure how that counts as aggressive. I think you're grasping straws to justify a vote!

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    Noooooope. I'm basically the first person to alert everyone of a possible cult based on a role PM. :) You're fishing without even revealing anything about yourself @Sylandra! You haven't even participated in a spellcard duel yourself. We literally have 0 information about you, whereas people can simply do some bit of Googling to find out more about my role from the cards I used on my duels.
    I can't duel! I forfeited! If you want to learn more about me via spellcards, we literally can't do that until someone is lynched and the next day can begin.

As for information, I have said I'm from the Touhou-verse, that I'm Hakurei shrine aligned, and that I took no actions last night. That's information, whether or not it's as juicy as you'd like for it to be! I also hinted cooldowns are a concern of mine.

Anyway. I'm not convinced there's a cult, though the role PM suggestion does seem worth talking about. It does seem to suggest alignment shifts are possible, though it's unclear what the means of that shift would be. If no one dies over the next night (and especially the night after) I think we can agree cults are highly more likely. I always assume cults are something that are either outright stated at the start of the game, or they're not in the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my working mentality until proven otherwise.

But @Siam, this is literally what I'm talking about. You alerting a possible cult doesn't really mean much, because it's just that: "possible." Just as it's possible you could have been prevented from taking an offensive action last night thanks to being blocked. Is it possible you were the target of an attack, instead? Absolutely. But we have no way of knowing which is which. That's why I'm pressuring you with my vote: because that's vital information to have, and your reactions might help determine which is which.
    Daraius said:
  • @Sylandra I am suspicious of you revealing things this early. I know your play and I know you are usually against early reveals and having people share all their night actions/investigations early.
    Othero said:
    @Sylandra I am suspicious of you revealing things this early. I know your play and I know you are usually against early reveals and having people share all their night actions/investigations early.
    To be fair, this game is weird. If we don't lynch Kalaneya, don't lynch Tamashi, don't lynch Ileein, we need to settle on someone to lynch. I mentioned how I figured the night went, Krackenor asked me if that meant I'd look at Siam, I considered it and said sure I don't mind pressuring him based on him being jailed. That said, I'm open to other suggestions. You're right: sharing things right now is not my usual play. But my usual play is to try and get someone lynched Day 2 so we can analyze the lynch trains, and the lynch trains... have not been building all that quickly in this game of mafia.

I'm mostly fidgeting, really.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Stumping makes this odd, because it basically amounts to us saying "We think you're lying, dangerous, or both, and don't want your powers in the game, but do feel free to continue talking.
  • And that's why I'm not voting for you. 

Anyways, I'm back to Vote: Ileein

I believe that Tamashi is telling the truth about their ability. But I didn't understand at first why they only saw Pollux but didn't know anything about the other outsiders. Unless Ileein is Rat who will show as the most useful thing, whatever he says he is. Which makes this a really good attempt at a play. I think Rat only works once played like Vivet. Our alarms would go off the second we got a weird message. I also think your win is to either lynch or kill the other outsiders so getting us on a witch hunt right away was a smart move.
    I think it might be because I seem to be the big talker at the moment, but I tend to be cautious with when and where I place my votes. I'm more inclined to gently poke and prod here and there and take my time, especially if we're left with ample time to do whatever. Especially if I perceive that my greatest value is in talking, rather than in trying to lay low and wait it out for another night action.

Totally cool with someone upstaging me, though. Don't hold back if you don't like me dominating discussion!

• Vivet said:
    Synkarin said:
    Hmm. Alright - thank you for your answer.

@Kalaneya, I am curious, what is your own opinion about how your last spellcard battle unfolded? Was it right in line with your expectations, or were you unsure of what exactly you were doing?

To be honest, I don't know enough about the flavour to know what is going to happen with the appearance of my attack when I duel. I really only chose that attack because at the time, I was being accused of being Ratatta and it had Reimu's name in it. I thought that might bolster my case of not being Ratatta. As far as, did I know I would win? I didn't know that either, but I figured I had a decent chance with the +2 challenger bonus. It's a good card.