Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Who haven't we heard much from? We have some lurkers - I'd rather just lynch one of them if they aren't contributing.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh, yeah. Regarding Tamashi:

Tamashi is Miko, for all I know, and from what I've been assuming. I can't quite piece together why Miko would recognise Alice, but not Cirno. I haven't played a lot of Hopeless Masquerade or ULiL, though, nor do I have a lot of manga exposure, so maybe the answer would be found therein? @Yarith @Othero any ideas on that?

Also, if Kalaneya is who I think she is, then it becomes doubly confounding that Miko would not recognise Kalaneya, as Miko would definitely have had opportunities to fight with them in both HM and ULiL.

Hmm.

• Is Alice a Buddhist?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • If there is a religious mechanic I'd be looking to Buddhist/Taoist relationships, if not I'm not too sure personally.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Nope. Alice is a Magician with some connections to Makai/Shinki, and is one of the few PC-98 characters besides Reimu and Marisa to transition into the Windows era. She's more prevalent in the games before Miko's revival, though she is a spectator in HM and ULiL. But so is Cirno, so...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It might also just get less reliable as the day goes on. Like, 100% first fight, 50% second, 25% third, 12.5% fourth, etc...
  • Tamashi also recognized Pollux who she definitely did not meet before. Might not be directly based on anything in the game for who she does and does not recognize?

Or it's all a ruse and the people she's actually been able to name first are all in on it with her.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm pretty sure Kira is good at laying out how things work exactly. If there was a diminishing chance of effectiveness, I feel like that would be laid out in the description.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    That would make sense, since it does seem to work for exhibition matches. If you did nothing but exhibition, you could basically cover everyone in one day.
  • Didn't Tamashi "recognise" Pollux after Ileein confirmed he is Pollux?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Especially with it returning results on exhibition losses. Assuming Tamashi isn't lying and hasn't lied, he also wasn't told there even WAS a chance to fail until it started doing so.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yes - and he's gotten information from exhibition matches as well, so that's not the limiter

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Tamashi said:

Also, why I recognize him, is beyond me. I got that and him being a very powerful magician, never having to dodge meteors, real meteors before. So while I won, it was still really awkward to see magic that isn't like our spellcards.

That's the explanation we got prior (this is from page 29). I can see this narrowing Ileein down to being an alien presence, but not really seeing how it can hard confirm that he is Pollux, and not some other Chimaera or something we've never seen before.

Actually, now that I think about it, dodging meteors probably shouldn't be all that extreme, even for us. Utsuho's basically a living nuke, and plenty of people have fought her. Iunno.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Right, but she's an atom bomb with spell cards. Pollux is just pulling meteors out of the sky like they owe him money.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Also, I didn't want to come out right away re: getting jailed since I wanted to use that to verify the legitimacy of anyone fakeclaiming to be the jailer. Yarith should be able to confirm the flavour text(hugging), I think?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yarith already said that ages ago. Before your confirmation post, actually.
  • Alright unless we have better ideas I'll Vote: Tamashi for now.
  • Personally, I think people are trying to pull things from the canon flavor instead of remembering this is an adaptation for a mafia game. I barely know any of these characters, where they come from, their relations, or whatever. I'm literally giving you everything I can without just copy/pasting it. I honestly regret bothering with any of it, because it's more of a headache than I want to deal with. I don't know why I get full information for some, tidbits for others, or just flat out nothing on the last few. So who even knows, my honesty is now just giving me the headache I really didn't want.
  • @Falmiis you honestly would just cruise and lurk, give absolutely nothing except for voting on the most recent FoS.
    Hmm. Here's something I'm curious about now, @Tamashi

Synkarin, Iosion, and Kalaneya were all back to back spellcard duels, in the same post. Did you get a single PM for all three of them, or separate ones? And was the flavour of your inability to get a read them about the same for each, or different? You had some details with Othero, at least.

• Single PM, all saying inability to identify.
    Very, very intriguing. Here's a different hypothesis, then.

Let us assume that someone has the ability to mask themselves from detection, or make it very difficult to do so. Something to ensure their presence can be obfuscated. That ability might look suspicious if it was singled out on just one individual... but if it could encompass several instances at once, occurring very close together, then it would be far more advantageous for that individual.

Prior to this instance of three misreads at once, all in one go, can anyone name an individual that Tamashi could not get a read on besides Yuuka Kazami? I might have to look back to double check.

• In the interest of progressing things I"m going to Vote: Tamashi for the time being but I'm still not sure how I feel with Siam.
    It's possible that Tamashi's power can only identify if he can see the strongest of the cards. There's also the possibility that everyone has an identifying card but that's just plucking at concepts.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Everything we're doing is just plucking at concepts. I'm not sure how I feel about us jumping from target to target constantly either, but for now I'll Unvote and try to figure out who I think we need to knock out.

Stumping complicates things here because we don't even know we'll get much useful information from picking the right target, much less the wrong ones. Like, if we assume Siam's right and there's a cult, do we need to stump all the cultists or just the converter? If it's just the converter, what happens to the surviving cult? If it's mafia and we take out a member, can they still talk at night and strategize? I'm assuming the coroner is going to more or less be able to pick one target a night based on who we choose during the day, but what happens if they get stumped in the middle of the night? Do they still get results? Does anyone? Oh, look I've gone cross-eyed.
  • Oh good, it's my turn again for lynching, yay we're almost full circle. Now all we gotta do is drop me and vote Yarith again to complete it. Can we please just pick someone, bandwagon it even if there isn't a reason, and just move on? I don't even care if it's me at this point, but sitting here in a circle of logic with nothing is far more boring.
    @Luce I expect a mafia stump would still be able to talk in their chat at night, or at the very least listen in.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Given how unreliable Tamashi's ability is, I feel even if we're wrong about him, we're not losing much. I don't think we should lose Yarith's ability, and Siam would be crazy to mention all he did about being blocked and not using his power if he was mafia because it sounds too obviously scummy. I  don't think he's that dumb. 

Tamashi getting very frustrated with the pressure on doesn't really change my mind. 

vote Tamashi

• Oh, it has nothing to do with pressure on me, I'm just tired of going in circles. Feel free to vote me, as long as we just move on. Good to see another lurker come out, just to vote.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I have the same problem as Falmiis - different timezone. This morning was only 65 posts I woke to, yesterday was 226 or something crazy. Its hard to interject and join the conversation when you aren't about at the same time. There has been a lot of conversation. I try to still involve myself in the conversation but when things have already been hammered out, it's hard to bring up the same points again. That was also my first vote. I'm hardly only coming out to only vote. Don't hate on the Oceania timezone, yo.