Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• While I'm still incredibly suspicious of Tamashi, the flavor of her investigative "ability" doesnt smell scummy. Benefit of the doubt here- you're welcome.

And Vote: Vivet because we have 38 pages of almost nothing. If she's town, we'll still have her forum-Mafia knowledge, and if she's scum (and hoping her sacrifice will lure us away from lynching her), it's a win.

@Vivet (and everyone, because I can't keep up with this monstrosity of intrigue, I mean it's like Game of Thrones, but the boring court intrigue part), have you come out with an ability that's useful to keep around?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Mmf. I'm happier with my vote where it is. But if Vivet is the only person we can successfully bandwagon, then I suppose I'm willing to hop on just for the sake of progress.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Vivet said:
    Actually... sure. I sent out one of my animal friends to scan from the skies. They watched me, and also tracked a target of my choice. I can say that nobody visited me on night zero, and my tracking target targetted nobody as well.

I will not share who my tracking target is, however. This is to ensure that all the individuals who did nothing on night zero are forced to be truthful, lest they risk my being able to out them.

Was on page 33, also was mentioned can only use it so many times period in the game.
  • (Thanks, doing this mostly phone is a PITA)
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • I believe she also mentioned having four different abilities; would be interesting to hear more about that.
  • Was it four different ones, usable once, or was it one ability usable four times?
  • I seem to recall her mentioning having four usable once each, but I could be wrong.
  • Hmm, somehow I missed the Reimu's coming match... 
    Would that indicate that Kalaneya is allied with Reimu or aligned against her?

@Kalaneya basically, I believe you aren't scum and I was hoping to remove your ability to avoid lynching you just in case I was wrong.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I would rather lynch @Siam or @Tamashi. Vivet seems way too willing to get lynched.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm also willing to be lynched, and have been for pages.
  • Because you get something from being lynched or because you are not having fun? Your last few posts have read like someone not having fun.
  • Interestingly, this stumping mechanic creates a whole new level of town strategy. If you believe that town is likely to win, and that you are likely to flip to a different alignment, then the "correct" course of action is, paradoxically, to get yourself killed to ensure you keep winning with town (since stumps will win alongside their faction).
  • I'm just trying to get the game moving, I personally find spending 12+ pages doing nothing off putting. I severely doubt anybody benefits from being dead, except for the theory that alignments can change and you want to stay town.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Tamashi if you want to get the game moving why haven't you voted?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I had a vote when we were pressuring Yarith, and we've made it clear that people refuse for a no lynch to happen. So instead of just going back to my no lynch vote, I'm leaving it open. A very distinct feeling that if I vote on anyone, it's just going to become a OMGUS situation.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I don't think the town self-stumping strategy holds up... Mafia/cult (whatever it is) still have to win by outnumbering townies. Self-stumping town just makes that easier for them!

(I'm assuming only active population count toward the win, since you can't outnumber a town stump majority).
  • Correct. Stumped individuals are eliminated, and thus don't count for town when determining if scum has majority or not.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Which is what I thought, they just get to keep their alignment as a win condition if the baddies get rooted out.
  • I think that Ssaliss meant that if you know your alignment is going to shift, it would be best to get yourself killed before that while your win condition was still town and (theoretically) easier to obtain. 
  • Well, it doesn't hold up from a town-wide perspective (thus why correct was in quotation marks). For the individual town, however, it can make sense in certain conditions.

That said, it's definitely nothing I would encourage; however, it might explain why some might be interested in getting themselves lynched if they are town.
  • Alright then. It's pretty clear we are at an impasse and the only thing we seem to agree on is that a no lynch is bad. Given that there are no jesters and that stumping is essentially death in terms of voting and power use (both statements mod-confirmed), I'm fine with lynching one of the two volunteers with the caveat that we still can't fully trust their comments and alignment after expulsion.

I flipped a coin:
    Unvote
    Vote Tamashi
  • This is where someone is supposed to say, "Ohmygosh, outside influence!" so I will. Teasing now aside, I'll make a vote and probably not change.

Vote Sylandra

While I don't care if I get stumped like we've already made clear, they've just been super hidden, even stating they don't want to give out anything, at all. While this is the normal thing in most mafia games, this isn't a normal game. Not wanting to reveal a singular thing seems more suspicious to me than my really weird investigation ability, Vivet's watching, Yarith's jailing, and Ileein's also odd investigation.
  • What in the frozen hell. I have been busy for 2 days and I log in to the town having boiled it down to two options: Vivet or the angry Tamagotchi. Neither of which are grounded in any real mafia game based information. This is wild, what are you guys doing.

Okay, so I have a better plan. Let's stop wasting energy on this and lynch people we know, factually, are not town. Any potential town loss by the loss of third parties is pure speculation. I want to be clear, we do not have 28 pages of almost nothing. We have 28 pages of almost nothing, and known third parties. One of which is almost certainly being dishonest (likely out of desperation) about the end result of their win/lose condition (aka Ileein claiming he'll poof from the game if he wins, but Rat god will rain hellfire and chaos death down on the town and other unknown unspeakable squirrel horrors if we lynch him.) 

Vote Ileein or Yarith. We're burning daylight.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'd like to remind everyone it is still Day 1. You might say, "Yeah Vivet, we know, that's obvious", but you're acting as though this is a later day imo. Day 1 has the most flexibility for a mislynch or attempting the sort of shenanigans I'm suggesting, which is the primary reason it has come up at all.

And to clarify, yes. I started out with four separate powers, and each can only be used once ever. So since I used that watch/track power on night zero, I'm now down to three power options. I'm not too comfortable discussing them right now, but if I still have active access to them on Day 2 then I'll be expounding a bit. Already got some different strategies I've considered.

• @CyndarinAscends thank you, though I don't really think I'm angry. Anyway, apparently we're leaving Ileein alone because he can investigate things and leaving Yarith alone because he's a jailer, so their powers are either more important or I just have a sign on me, I'm going to guess the latter.
  • Well you're being confrontational and abrasive which is typically enough for people to lynch you. It's an emotional response in a game about information. 

Third parties win by prolonging the game until they meet their win condition. The town does not prolong the game, the mafia does. It's fundamental mafia logic. No power justifies trusting third parties to make irrational choices that do not support their end goal. 

Stop having feelings, vote with thoughts and reason. 
  • True, I let people rile me up over stupid things, and really thinking about it, two things bother me. Ileein claims investigative powers that apparently only find Rat, and also claims he was roleblocked. So far, we don't have any confirmation that he was actually blocked at all, and we're saying it's okay...
  • Well you're being confrontational and abrasive which is typically enough for people to lynch you. It's an emotional response in a game about information. 

Third parties win by prolonging the game until they meet their win condition. The town does not prolong the game, the mafia does. It's fundamental mafia logic. No power justifies trusting third parties to make irrational choices that do not support their end goal. 

Stop having feelings, vote with thoughts and reason. 
    *shrug* I will almost certainly achieve my win condition before Town does, and prolonging the game is unnecessary to achieve that. Additionally, it makes Town more likely to lynch me, which is the only way I definitely lose. Given these facts, and the fact that Town also has an interest in lynching Rat-god, I have thrown my lot in with Town. You have determined not to believe me, and to be honest I don't give a damn about that. It's everyone else I'm speaking to.

I would be okay with lynching Yarith since as far as I can tell he's merely a Survivor, but as mentioned the jailing power is somewhat useful provided it's directed. At this moment however I am uncertain we have enough information to use it properly.
  • Tamashi said:
    True, I let people rile me up over stupid things, and really thinking about it, two things bother me. Ileein claims investigative powers that apparently only find Rat, and also claims he was roleblocked. So far, we don't have any confirmation that he was actually blocked at all, and we're saying it's okay...
    What, this is wrong. I find:
    1) character name, and
    2) power.

Others have speculated that only I can correctly identify Rat-god, but not that Rat-god is the only one I can identify. You have misread.
  • I see, either that got browsed over at some time or we were never corrected. Nice to hear from people again, and we've managed to lose one of the 'outsiders', or is just one being so quiet I forgot who they were?