Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• I don't think it's a timezone issue for Falmiis, considering he has the ability to just read over and agree to things without actually responding as well. I don't hate on any timezone, nor did I even bring them up. I'm also pretty sure you're not the only person in an odd one at that...so not sure how it's relevant other than deflection.
  • Tamashi said:
    I don't think it's a timezone issue for Falmiis, considering he has the ability to just read over and agree to things without actually responding as well. I don't hate on any timezone, nor did I even bring them up. I'm also pretty sure you're not the only person in an odd one at that...so not sure how it's relevant other than deflection.
    I've addressed the things that have been directed at me. I don't really see why you're being so defensive about me voting for me. I already said earlier that I found your actions a bit strange. I also already said that a lot of discussion has happened when I haven't been able to keep up with the thread so it actually is a timezone issue. Your defensiveness about it isn't helping your case in any way.

• Speaking of deflection, how is what you are trying to do not deflection, hmm?
  • Reading is hard, I understand. I've already said I'm quite willing to be lynched to get the game progressing. Your arguments are bad :).
  • Ok, that was just rude and being rude makes the game not fun.

Vote: Tamashi
  • Thank you for the contribution. I'm finding ways to move the game along in my own way. Choo choo!
  • There are far more suspicious things happening than my ability, but this is getting some results that I can approve of. Hop aboard the bandwagon everyone!
  • Please no...I've lost count of when this day started.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well, since you made me curious...

Looks like Day 1 started on page 8, on September 19th. We have no time limit for the day phases, but if this was our forum's standard "max of 7 days to one day phase", then we'd still have plenty of time left for additional discussion!

• She did threaten to set a time limit if things seem to be going no where, kind of like now! In all honesty, I'd love to continue actually playing the game, we got lurkers from all sorts of places, people who dodge card duels, and those that literally have nothing to contribute.

Call it what you will, but can we please just move forward and see how this game plays out, instead of sitting here on Day 1 spinning in circles. If I have to be lynched and stumped do to achieve this, it defeats me actually getting to play, but it's honestly worth it at this point. No, I'm not a Jester, no you're not going to believe that at face value.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Next to last rule. Dayphases last no longer than a RL week.
    Oooh, nice catch. I did miss that.

I do still think there is something more to the three-in-one spellcard investigation turning up no result for all targets in the same bland sweep, but I suppose there's going to be no way of confirming that for so long as Tamashi cannot spellcard duel.

If it helps to settle out my own opinion after observing for so long, I think I will Vote: Vivet and see how the rest of you proceed from here. I will have a long work day ahead of me tomorrow, but should have time to review and potentially change me vote in the evening with the proper arguments to convince me otherwise.

• Would still like to hear from the people that have been silent and still find it rather odd that so many are still trying to stay hidden. That alone makes me wonder, what kind of shady business do they need to hide? Are they a real investigator, a coroner somewhere, a protector maybe? If that's the case then all good reasons I guess, but not sure that should stop them from letting us know more about them, since we've already shown character's aren't exactly tied to a specific role.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Uh... @Vivet, you're voting for...yourself..?
  • She said she would rather lynch herself than let a no vote go. Maybe I'm the only one that took her seriously?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You kinda talk a bit high and mighty, Tamashi, as though you are infallible. It's a bit grating.

I can't help but think Vivet has a strategy or theory. I'm guessing her power is nothing we'll miss (but we keep her conversation and musings which is awesome), or she perhaps only unlocks an ability on becoming a stump? I don't know if that's completely inconceivable or not. 

• Not sure how what I say can be read as high and mighty, and saying I think I'm infallible is odd just as well. As for the idea on an ability happening when stumped, not sure that would exist here. We did get a clarification post that I quoted some time ago now stating stumps are for all purposes considered dead, only being allowed to talk.

Plus, it's Vivet, I just assume she has something up her sleeve, considering she's shown me that she can think out of the box and draw conclusions from things that don't seem to add up. She listed before she has limited access to her ability, and would still help piece things together should she be stumped, which I can respect.
  • Personally I've stopped talking because there really hasn't been much more to say. 

Honestly I don't know who'd be best to lynch right now, I'm just going to leave my vote where it is till town decides on a bandwagon to hop onto.
  • At this point I'm not sure who to vote for. While Tamashi's power is weird, I'm not sure it's weird enough to lynch over, and I'm really not sure why Vivet actually wants us to lynch her. That said, I don't think Vivet is a jester, and she has pulled voting for herself before when she was Ratatoskr, so I'll just

Vote: Vivet

for now. That said, it's far from a certain vote.
  • Tamashi said:
    Would still like to hear from the people that have been silent and still find it rather odd that so many are still trying to stay hidden. That alone makes me wonder, what kind of shady business do they need to hide? Are they a real investigator, a coroner somewhere, a protector maybe? If that's the case then all good reasons I guess, but not sure that should stop them from letting us know more about them, since we've already shown character's aren't exactly tied to a specific role.
    This early in the game, when we've only had one night of people to investigate/act, it's usually prudent to keep hidden, even if you're vanilla. Because if there are 18 town, and 10 claim that they have useless abilities, then the Mafia can easily choose from the final 8 who to kill, and might get lucky.

At this point, Town is trying to fight the disparity between the information Town and Mafia has. Town starts out knowing their own power, while Mafia starts out knowing their own power and who the Mafia is. Now, Town is trying to catch up to the Mafia's information on who the Mafia is, while the Mafia is both trying to kill off Town while inhibiting the Town's ability to gather that specific piece of information. The Town does their job through investigations, action analysis, and speech analysis. The way people talk, the way people act, and the information the mod gives us clues as to who as to people's goals, which can lead us to understand what their role is. How someone acts includes how they use their abilities and how they vote. (I'm counting spellcards as an ability, in this game.) How someone talks, and the purpose of their speech, also reveals their intentions, but may also indicative of mood, situation, and plenty of other stuff. Finally, the mod gives us information in terms of modposts/flavor, through our abilities, as well as when we just ask. 

The Mafia inhibit us by killing, by inhibiting information and by spreading misinformation. In this game, killing someone takes their power out, giving the Town less avenues for the mod to tell us stuff. The Mafia inhibit information both by not telling us stuff and by making the Town disregard information. If they make someone appear untrustworthy/against Town when they actually aren't, then, even if they provide information, the Town won't receive it. Or, they drain people's interests by being annoying, long-winded, uncomfortable to analyze. And of course, spreading disinformation means lying or diverting attention.

Anyway, this is just my cursory analysis of Mafia as a game, but it also explains why we "Lynch all Liars", "Lynch Lurkers", as well as get frustrated when people aren't clear or are confusing/emotional. This clarification of goals and methods may also help give insight as to analyzing why people say/act the way they do, like why Vivet is willing to be stumped to give Town more information, even if it might advance one of the Mafia's goals, or why people are being silent.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    GUYS WAIT, I JUST HAD A TERRIBLE, AWFUL THOUGHT.

WHAT IF ONE OF US, WHEN LYNCHED, BECOMES THE CHERRY TREE AND ALL THE STUMPS COUNT TOWARDS THEIR WIN CONDITION? KIRA CAN'T PULL THE WOOL OVER MY EYES. (sorry i'm a little overexcited from today's outing)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Well, to be entirely fair, I wouldn't put it past Kira to pull something like that...
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Can we get another votecount please?
  • edited September 2016
    (Tremula. Did you take your medicine today? :p )

Official votecount

Ileein: Weiwae, Othero (2)
    Tamashi: Lehki, Falmiis, Lavinya, Breandryn (4)
    Kalaneya: Ushaara (1)
    Siam: Sylandra, Luce, Ileein, Krackenor (4)
    Vivet: Vivet, Ssaliss (2)

With 21 workers and 1 sick person, it's 11 to banish someone.

The following are slightly easier to banish.
    Ushaara
    Othero

Tamashi

And there are no jesters. Jesters are the scum of the earth and while I may be evil I'm not awful.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    @Luce Perhaps you might have forgotten them, or skimmed past them, but the bulk of my arguments for this are still on page 33. I feel like it is reasonable when I can find some value in keeping pretty much everyone else around, and have difficulty reading whether or not I think they are particularly scummy at this time.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't think it's prudent to lynch Vivet - offering herself up is really suspicious.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    I don't think it's prudent to lynch Vivet - offering herself up is really suspicious.
    Essentially, for me it's a WIFOM. She has done it in the past as scum, so it also be an attempt at making us hesitate to lynch her by offering herself up like this.

Or, she has something to gain by being stumped. In either case, I'll keep my vote on her.
  • Synkarin said:

Normally, I would agree with you. However, given the existence of the stumping rule it might not actually be the worst idea for a townie with limited power to offer themselves as a sacrifice if we are otherwise unsure on how to proceed. It could prevent a mislynch and the player would still be able to participate in future days
  • @Krackenor thanks for the early morning giggle, I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how Synkarin edited his post without it showing...until I realized you just typed in the quote box. Fun stuff aside, I do agree and recall Vivet stating this being why she's fine with being stumped. If we're talking about town with limited power, there's always @Breandryn as well that we know of. No, this isn't just accusing someone, just showing another option for this current conundrum.